The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Vine

Default 4th and 7 Punt

Horrible Fox decision.

If they go for a first down, this really gives them an extra chance to win the game. They need a touchdown. If they fail, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and concede a FG. So, after hypothetical FG. Denver still needs a Touchdown anyway.

By punting on 4th down, Denver really forfeited an extra chance to win the game.

So after the 3 and out and Chief punt, Denver had only 1 min left anyway and no timeouts.

Fox = Total Imbecile.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Horrible Fox decision.

If they go for a first down, this really gives them an extra chance to win the game. They need a touchdown. If they fail, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and concede a FG. So, after hypothetical FG. Denver still needs a Touchdown anyway.

By punting on 4th down, Denver really forfeited an extra chance to win the game.

So after the 3 and out and Chief punt, Denver had only 1 min left anyway and no timeouts.

Fox = Total Imbecile.
Tebow took a sack that put them out of field goal range....

TEBOW = IMBECILE

This is a fun game lets keep playing.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

It was a calculated risk that actually worked out as planned.

However, at the time... I did feel like going for it was the right option.

Fox and Co. deserve a ton of credit for doing what they did with this team this year. That's the bottom line, regardless if we all agree with every call.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Fox and Co. deserve a ton of credit for doing what they did with this team this year. That's the bottom line, regardless if we all agree with every call.
A calculated risk? It did work out perfectly, but all it did was give Denver the ball with about a minute left and no timeouts at about their own 20.

If Denver goes for the first down, this gives Denver an EXTRA CHANCE to win the game. Because if they fail getting a first down, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and a Chief FG does not stretch the game to a 2 possession game.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

dont even bother popps , when we win , it is Teebs greatness , when we lose , coaching sucks .....Just how it is with this guy
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Just bad coaching by Fox/McCoy -- it made absolutely no sense to punt in that situation.
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I thought the Broncos should've went for it. About a minute left, 80+ yards to go, no time outs, and have to get a TD. Not a good opportunity for Denver.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

It was the wrong call, he should have punted one first down. That way our d would have more time to make a play and score.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It was the wrong call, he should have punted one first down. That way our d would have more time to make a play and score.
smart ass
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Chicken**** p***Y call. That's all.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
dont even bother popps , when we win , it is Teebs greatness , when we lose , coaching sucks .....Just how it is with this guy

Wrong asswipe. Tebow sucked today. He failed to notice wide open receivers and held on to the ball too long too often.

I am just god-damn tired of this offense. Fox and McCoy are criminals for devising an offense that totally impedes the development of Tebow as a productive NFL qb. Put those mother****ers in jail for violating their coaching contract- the part of their contract that is their moral duties to maximize the talents of all of your players.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Wrong asswipe. Tebow sucked today. He failed to notice wide open receivers and held on to the ball too long too often.

I am just god-damn tired of this offense. Fox and McCoy are criminals for devising an offense that totally impedes the development of Tebow as a productive NFL qb. Put those mother****ers in jail for violating their coaching contract- the part of their contract that is their moral duties to maximize the talents of all of your players.
Oh I thought you wanted Broncos fans to respect eachother!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

not just today ****head , the last 4 weeks teebs has been hesitant , clueless , and relied on running ..... your just now waking up , How in the **** can you blame the playcallers when teebs is like that ?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
Vine

Quote:
not just today ****head , the last 4 weeks teebs has been hesitant , clueless , and relied on running ..... your just now waking up , How in the **** can you blame the playcallers when teebs is like that ?

I just want to see Tebow fail in a conventional offense, then I will believe the Tebow skeptics.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
So you actually thought the coaching/playcalling was good today?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Tebow did very well against the Patriots throwing the ball. He also did well against the Bears despite some very poor receiver play. He struggled against the Bills (the entire team played like **** though) and today.

He's got **** he needs to work out for sure, but throwing him into the fire this year has actually resulted in some significant signs of growth.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
So you actually thought the coaching/playcalling was good today?
it all went to shiat when teebs didnt throw on the flea flicker ......I think alot of people lost confidence in Teebs .....
Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
vonqkilla

3rd and 7 toss right was worse decision.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Tebow did very well against the Patriots throwing the ball. He also did well against the Bears despite some very poor receiver play. He struggled against the Bills (the entire team played like **** though) and today.

He's got **** he needs to work out for sure, but throwing him into the fire this year has actually resulted in some significant signs of growth.
Teebs did ok against the pats , until he got overwhelmed , basically the 1 st quarter , Last good game teebs had was against the vikes .... No excuse for the non throw on the flea flicker .... Teebs shiat the bed there , didnt get it back for rest of the game today
Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies

Now, if Tim Tebow ran backwards for a 28 yd. loss, that would be pure moxie on Tebow's part. We'd be all, "Yeah, he just tied a record for longest sack ever - but did you see those gams? Dude runs like a gazelle. He's just so darn graceful and gentlemanly about how he gets sacked. Love that guy."
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Yeah , the decision to punt sucked.
Fox has relied on the Defense to win every game, and that Tebow will pull the magic Jesus fairy out of his butt somehow, late, every game.

I can't deny that TT is not a good part of the passing problem, but the
design of the offense that is being called every game is totally fubared.

Punting in that situation was a BS call, that didn't really change anything in the outcome...except that it put us 45 yards further away from the end zone.

same thing with the punt in the first half when we were (technically) in range for a Prater 55 yarder. The playing it safe attitude ended up costing us any chance at a win, in the end.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Broncbow

Quote:
Horrible Fox decision.

Fox = Total Imbecile.
Fox waited till he abandoned the run to unleash Tebow.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Yeah , the decision to punt sucked.
Fox has relied on the Defense to win every game, and that Tebow will pull the magic Jesus fairy out of his butt somehow, late, every game.

I can't deny that TT is not a good part of the passing problem, but the
design of the offense that is being called every game is totally fubared.

Punting in that situation was a BS call, that didn't really change anything in the outcome...except that it put us 45 yards further away from the end zone.

same thing with the punt in the first half when we were (technically) in range for a Prater 55 yarder. The playing it safe attitude ended up costing us any chance at a win, in the end.

Points were hard enough to come by as it was having fox pass on any points was fatal.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #24
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
it all went to shiat when teebs didnt throw on the flea flicker ......I think alot of people lost confidence in Teebs .....
Well that was the wrong time to call that play cause up to that point, we only had about 4 runs for minimal gains. Plus, if I remember from the replay correctly, the receivers were all covered up.

I think I saw only 3 passing plays, where Tebow didn't throw the ball that we acually had open guys.

But........Tebow is looking worse and worse in the passing game. I just can't pinpoint on what happend with him. Is it him? The coaching of him? The WR just not getting separation soon enough so he takes offs?

There is more to it than Tebow just being terrible at passing. I mean Fox is over on the sideline congradulating Tebow after he tucks and runs for no gain like Fox is happy he is doing what he is told.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I just want to see Tebow fail in a conventional offense, then I will believe the Tebow skeptics.
What!? he did fail in a conventional offense,how do you think they ended playing the style offense that they are playing now.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote