The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #1776
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Maybe if he beat out neckbeard in TC and practice he wouldve had a longer shot. Or beat out the 2 clowns passing in NY. So what your saying is give him a shot, and make sure no competition is around to win the position?
Ya, it is disheartening that he can't beat out Sanchez in practice. But on the field during a real game at least he wouldn't be tackled by a butt. He more of a gamer, not a practicer.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #1777
DENVERDUI55

I know the teblowers like to throw his record out there during that one miraculous run w years ago. To anyone with at least poor eyesite and only half of a functioning brain it was easy to see Denver was winning despite poor QB play in the passing department.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #1778
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
Ya, it is disheartening that he can't beat out Sanchez in practice. But on the field during a real game at least he wouldn't be tackled by a butt. He more of a gamer, not a practicer.
Ahhh, the old "practice is meaningless" chestnut. My favorite.

You realize that for every single player on the field, the reason they're able to break through in the first place is that they perform in practice, right? That goes for every position. If you don't beat the guy you're up against IN PRACTICE, you're not going to see the field.

Maybe instead of talking about how he's such a gamer, he should work on his practice habits so he doesn't completely embarrass himself every time he's out there.

Or you can keep talking about what a "gamer" the guy who can't get into the game is.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #1779
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We questioned that for going on 3 seasons with Captain ****shispants. Timmy got 11 games to try to rescue another one of his failed seasons. And he went 7-4 and beat the defending AFC champs in the playoffs.

I don't mind a guy questioning whether Tim can make it or not. But this "He got his shot!" crap from people who otherwise had popcorn on standby to watch season 3 of the Neckbeard Chronicles is pretty redicules guy.
You realize that he couldn't beat out Captain ****shispants in training camp too, don't you precious?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1780
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Maybe if he beat out neckbeard in TC and practice he wouldve had a longer shot. Or beat out the 2 clowns passing in NY. So what your saying is give him a shot, and make sure no competition is around to win the position?
Entrenched starters have a large preseason advantage. If you disagree, please tell me all the times prior-season's starters got replaced through one of these NFL Camp Champ Survivor matches you say is the way the NFL does business.

Meanwhile, we'll also have to assume the NFL Camp Champ Factor also meant...

Smith > Kaepernick
Bledsoe > Brady
Green > Warner
Majkowski > Favre
Flutie > Brees

Most young QB's get their chance by way of midseason circumstance. Camp Champ is a meaningless distinction.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #1781
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Entrenched starters have a large preseason advantage. If you disagree, please tell me all the times prior-season's starters got replaced through one of these NFL Camp Champ Survivor matches you say is the way the NFL does business.

Meanwhile, we'll also have to assume the NFL Camp Champ Factor also meant...

Smith > Kaepernick
Bledsoe > Brady
Green > Warner
Majkowski > Favre
Flutie > Brees

Most young QB's get their chance by way of midseason circumstance. Camp Champ is a meaningless distinction.
lol, TT can't pass the ball, that's the difference. You keep going in these circles but this fact remains--TT is a lousy passer with lousy mechanics and he refuses to take the necessary steps to correct these issues. You really have to be dense to compare TT Brees or Brady. He's not even as well rounded as Kaepernick.

Again and again and again and again and again we've hashed this stuff out. IF TT could throw the ball even marginally effectively then he would do that--in practice--and the Jets would have a reason to bench Sanchize. But TT can't. This is TT's problem.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #1782
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I know the teblowers like to throw his record out there during that one miraculous run w years ago. To anyone with at least poor eyesite and only half of a functioning brain it was easy to see Denver was winning despite poor QB play in the passing department.
Funny, cuz I can go back to '11 and see all the Ragin' Ortboners saying "if only Orton had a real O Line and a Defense!"

Then suddenly Timmy starts winning the games Kyle lost and it becomes all about what a talented team he had around him.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #1783
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, TT can't pass the ball, that's the difference. You keep going in these circles but this fact remains--TT is a lousy passer with lousy mechanics and he refuses to take the necessary steps to correct these issues. You really have to be dense to compare TT Brees or Brady. He's not even as well rounded as Kaepernick.
This is a strawman. Nobody's comparing them as quarterbacks. It's just plain as day to anyone with a brain that training camp does little to prove which QB is better. 9 times out of 10, the starter is known by the coaching staff going into camp. He gets most the reps. Only way he loses the job in camp is if he completely screws the pooch.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #1784
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Then suddenly Timmy starts winning the games Kyle lost and it becomes all about what a talented team he had around him.
Hard to believe the QB is the reason they win a game when that QB completes only 2 passes.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #1785
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Hard to believe the QB is the reason they win a game when that QB completes only 2 passes.
Might want to try more than 3 or so per half.

And in the meantime, he made us the top rushing team in the league. There was no path to victory for this team with KO. Many of these kids still resent that fact made plain.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #1786
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I can not believe you idiots are still talking about Tebow. You are aware he is no longer a Denver Bronco right? Has not been for over a year.

It is way past time to move on and get over it... No one's dick is bigger because you have a better case/argument on why Tim Tebow was good or bad for the team.

Internet fighting = Special Olympics, Even if you win, In the end you are still retarded.

Last edited by OBF1; 04-23-2013 at 11:06 AM..
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #1787
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

And in the meantime, he made us the top rushing team in the league. There was no path to victory for this team with KO. Many of these kids still resent that fact made plain.
What is it with you and Orton? You keep trying to make this Timmy vs Orton. Damm near everyone on this board hated Orton with a passion. We had 0 good options at QB in 2011.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1788
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I have the understanding that the team actually got better as the season went on. A new FO/HC in a lockout offseason is a recipe for a bad start no matter who's the QB. Every QB on that roster blew.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #1789
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I have the understanding that the team actually got better as the season went on. A new FO/HC in a lockout offseason is a recipe for a bad start no matter who's the QB. Every QB on that roster blew.
Heh. "Timmy got his chance" followed up with "The FO just needed more time!"

You do realize Timmy was locked out as well.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #1790
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
This is a strawman. Nobody's comparing them as quarterbacks. It's just plain as day to anyone with a brain that training camp does little to prove which QB is better. 9 times out of 10, the starter is known by the coaching staff going into camp. He gets most the reps. Only way he loses the job in camp is if he completely screws the pooch.
You're the one who made the comparison between TT's situation and Brees, Brady and Favre and my point is all of those QBs could do one very important thing that TT can't, pass the ball.

TT has been to 4 training camps and he has never managed to impress anyone enough to elevate him above the starter. I think if TT would have shown the jets anything remotely close to being a decent passer they would have given him a shot. The Broncos did give TT a shot but not because TT impressed in practice but because the Broncos had nothing to lose by starting TT. The Broncos tried starting TT in the Fox/McCoy offense and he failed so they went spread option and the Broncos managed to squeak out some wins. But don't kid yourself, the Broncos got pretty darn lucky in those wins too and sometimes its better to be lucky than be good.

The Broncos team obviously had some talent too, which helped them win games. It wasn't like TT was the only player on the team with any talent, he had weapons. The offensive line alone did a great job all things considered. But the TT fans want to blame McCoy, they want to claim TT had no talent to work with, they want to say that TT carried the team on his back when the reality was that for 98% of the game the Broncos couldn't score with TT and then with a few white knuckle plays the Broncos pulled out some incredible wins.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #1791
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Heh. "Timmy got his chance" followed up with "The FO just needed more time!"

You do realize Timmy was locked out as well.
Difference is my version of a chance isn't 5 years. He got worse as that season went on. If he was great he would be on the field plain and simple. No sabatoge theories. I watched enough of him to be clear that he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. Those jets preseason games were brutal to watch. Had he been great in those games and camp? Sanchez likely sits.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #1792
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

I haven't read all 45 pages, but do we all agree that Tebow is an idiot for choosing NYJ over JAX?
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #1793
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
I haven't read all 45 pages, but do we all agree that Tebow is an idiot for choosing NYJ over JAX?
Of course we don't all agree. There are still some that say he had no choice. That Elway deliberately sent him to NY just to screw him.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #1794
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
I haven't read all 45 pages, but do we all agree that Tebow is an idiot?
Yes, and FYP.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #1795
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos team obviously had some talent too, which helped them win games. It wasn't like TT was the only player on the team with any talent, he had weapons. The offensive line alone did a great job all things considered.
I can quote you guys right here in this very thread who were calling that same O-Line garbage during KO's last few games. If they improved, Tim's run threat deserves at least some of the credit.

But my point here isn't really to rehash every argument we've had over the 2 years since. The fact of the matter remains that some of the most vocal Tebow bashers (even to this day) were some of the loudest KO excuse makers only a few games earlier in that 2011 season.

And they went from arguing that Kyle wasn't given the tools to succeed, straight to how Timmy was given every opportunity. If you went into year 3 thinking of KO as the best option coming out of the 2nd worst record in football, you've lost any credibility to ever criticize anyone on the topic of QB talent ever again.

Tebow may not have been THE answer. But he sure as hell was a better one.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 04-23-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #1796
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah. He effed up there. I honestly think he might've been trying to avoid the fan circus that his hometown would mean. But that circus is universal. Which is why teams will hesitate to take any chances on him.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #1797
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Yeah. He effed up there. I honestly think he might've been trying to avoid the fan circus that his hometown would mean. But that circus is universal. Which is why teams will hesitate to take any chances on him.
So he decided to avoid a circus, by choosing the largest media market possible?

Solid, solid work.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #1798
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
So he decided to avoid a circus, by choosing the largest media market possible?

Solid, solid work.
When it comes to Tebowmania, Jacksonville Florida is the world's largest media market.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1799
Jay3

Quote:
With the benefit of hindsight, maybe -- but I consider JAX an NFL death sentence. I always credited Tebow for having the sense to know his hometown franchise was a complete bunghole of an organization.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #1800
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't agree. Tebow chose NYJ because, ostensibly, it was the football people (Tannebaum, et al) who wanted him. In Jacksonville, the football people did not want him but were having him forced on them by Khan. I don't see how going to a situation where you know in advance the coaching staff does not want you would been a better situation.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote