The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #1701
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Jets will probably release Tebow, since they have no intention of him being on the roster, after the draft.

Some Team will pick him up after he clears waivers, and sign him to a cheap contract with no guarantees. And then he will practice......and his throwing motion and slow reads will manifest again. He still has some talents and may realize that a position change is the only way he stays in football after Preseason.

But he may still make the team as a third QB on one of the Read/option teams. (Wash, Seattle, etc. maybe even SF, or JAX just to fill seats.)

Frankly, without an investment of cash or draft picks a lot of teams may have some interest.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1702
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
There is 68 pages already dedicated to answering the question "Is Tebow a good QB" Do you have anything new to contribute to the conversation? Also Hodge is a douche.
Sure sounded like there was a couple more pages left to run me off. Sorry I joined in on the tail end of the bashing but I'm not much for reading back pages. And I can get on Merril because he comes from ISU. He shouldn't be talking the way he does about Timmy. But he's not a douche. He's highly respected in Pocatello. Hell, I bought my couch and fridge from his little bro. You don't like people talking bad about your home town hero's do you ?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #1703
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Jets will probably release Tebow, since they have no intention of him being on the roster, after the draft.

Some Team will pick him up after he clears waivers, and sign him to a cheap contract with no guarantees. And then he will practice......and his throwing motion and slow reads will manifest again. He still has some talents and may realize that a position change is the only way he stays in football after Preseason.

But he may still make the team as a third QB on one of the Read/option teams. (Wash, Seattle, etc. maybe even SF, or JAX just to fill seats.)

Frankly, without an investment of cash or draft picks a lot of teams may have some interest.

So he should play for free..?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1704
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow has too much baggage,even when he clears waivers,for any team to pick him up.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1705
DenverDynamite

Tebow needs to take some reps in the Arena League. I honestly think he'd have some success there.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #1706
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Tebow has too much baggage,even when he clears waivers,for any team to pick him up.
Not if he went to the Jags.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #1707
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
Not if he went to the Jags.
What part of the Jags not wanting anything to do with him,don't you understand. They've stated very clearly that even if tebow were a FA they don't want him.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #1708
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Sure sounded like there was a couple more pages left to run me off. Sorry I joined in on the tail end of the bashing but I'm not much for reading back pages. And I can get on Merril because he comes from ISU. He shouldn't be talking the way he does about Timmy. But he's not a douche. He's highly respected in Pocatello. Hell, I bought my couch and fridge from his little bro. You don't like people talking bad about your home town hero's do you ?
First off Hodge is no hero, he is in fact a huge douche. There was a planet wide meeting which formed a committee that held a vote. It was unanimous, he is a douche.

As for the Tebow thing. This is how it usually goes. But Timmy won games. He got us to the playoffs. He won a play off game. He is a great person.

countered with

His throwing motion sucks, is only capable of a 1 dimensional offense. He lost 3 of last 4 regular season games. Almost lost 4 of 4 if it wasn't for Marion Barber helping us out. Lost the KC game which we HAD to win to lock up a playoff spot. Only managed to score 3 points in that KC game. Got killed by the Pats twice. Can't read a defense, not smart enough. Defense and Prater contributed more to the wins then Tebow. Causes a media circus (highly contested by the pro Tebow side)

I for one think he is being a stubborn jack ass. His QB time in the NFL is over. I would love to see what he can do at another position.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #1709
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
First off Hodge is no hero, he is in fact a huge douche. There was a planet wide meeting which formed a committee that held a vote. It was unanimous, he is a douche.

As for the Tebow thing. This is how it usually goes. But Timmy won games. He got us to the playoffs. He won a play off game. He is a great person.

countered with

His throwing motion sucks, is only capable of a 1 dimensional offense. He lost 3 of last 4 regular season games. Almost lost 4 of 4 if it wasn't for Marion Barber helping us out. Lost the KC game which we HAD to win to lock up a playoff spot. Only managed to score 3 points in that KC game. Got killed by the Pats twice. Can't read a defense, not smart enough. Defense and Prater contributed more to the wins then Tebow. Causes a media circus (highly contested by the pro Tebow side)

I for one think he is being a stubborn jack ass. His QB time in the NFL is over. I would love to see what he can do at another position.
let's not forget his completion %,or his 3rd down conversion rate.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #1710
IdahoBronco7

Yet he took us to the playoffs and beat Ben.

What part of the Jags don't want him this year but may think again about it after the Jags suck again don't you understand ?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1711
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

What part of the Jags don't want him this year but may think again about it after the Jags suck again don't you understand ?
If anyone's interested in Tim once he's cut, they're not going to say a word about it right now. In fact they're not allowed to express any interest whatsoever while he's still a Jet. Yet some of these morons still point to that as evidence of something.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1712
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Jags aren't that desperate of a team,essentially what you are saying is that the Jags will turn their franchise over to a player who can't play the position and has been out of the NFL for a yr.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #1713
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If you are banking on the Jags to pick you up to save your career, then your career is already over.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #1714
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If anyone's interested in Tim once he's cut, they're not going to say a word about it right now. In fact they're not allowed to express any interest whatsoever while he's still a Jet. Yet some of these morons still point to that as evidence of something.
Sure, they won't say they're interested, but nor will they come right out and say they have no interest at all like Caldwell did:

Quote:
"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ns-new-gm-says

I think it's pretty safe to say he will not be a Jaguar in 2013.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #1715
IdahoBronco7

[QUOTE=DBroncos4life;3831405]If you are banking on the Jags to pick you up to save your career, then your career is already over.

All chitty teams have to start somewhere. The NFL is a big business...Tebow is money to the Jags. San Fran wasn't that good a couple years ago....
Old 04-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #1716
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Jags aren't that desperate of a team,essentially what you are saying is that the Jags will turn their franchise over to a player who can't play the position and has been out of the NFL for a yr.
Apparently he's not going to play in the NFL this year ?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #1717
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

here
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1718
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Thank god for elway, getting rid of this bum.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #1719
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Apparently he's not going to play in the NFL this year ?
No. By your logic,the jags may suck again &bring him in. I doubt it's going to happen short of a full season. What does tebow do in the meantime.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #1720
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Sure, they won't say they're interested, but nor will they come right out and say they have no interest at all like Caldwell did:
They will if they don't want to be asked the same question phrased a different way every 5 minutes.

In 90% of cases, no good can come out of saying anything other than "We like who we've got, we're not interested in anyone else" There's a HOF-level exception to that rule, but otherwise you never hem and haw about QBs unless you're already 100% sure you're going a different direction.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #1721
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

OK, for those who continue to argue, it's Hoge...not Hodge.

not that it matters....I'm just saying
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1722
IdahoBronco7

Who's Hoge ?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1723
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Who's Hoge ?
Really?

Merrill Hoge...the former Steelers RB who was very critical of Tebow and has been labelled a douchebag by many who loved and hated Tebow
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1724
Jay3

Quote:
Who's Hoge ?
The guy you said you could get on because he comes from ISU. You said he's highly respected in Pocatello. You bought your couch and fridge from his little brother. You said he's your home town hero and you don't like people talking bad about him.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #1725
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Two points:

1.) Hodge is a douchebag. His opinions about Timmy are irrelevant to his douchebaggery.

2.) Tim Tebow will be out of the league by the start of the season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote