The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #1276
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

this is difficult to watch
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #1277
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You might want to think through the logic of what you're posting.

You're only reinforcing my point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #1278
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
this is difficult to watch
What are you talking about? Its delicious to watch.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #1279
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Aaron Rodgers (48 attempts at 8+ vs 16 at less than 3)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits.../aaron-rodgers

Should I go on?
This is a good example.

Aaron Rodgers had almost the same number of passing attempts on 3rd and <8 as Tim Tebow. (obvious passing scenario)

But he had 8 times as many attempts in an easier 3rd and short scenario.

Now tell me, just based on play selection, not even the players involved... who's going to have more success converting on third down?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #1280
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You might want to think through the logic of what you're posting.

You're only reinforcing my point.
Apparently you do want me to go on. I'll go to the othe end of the talent spectrum:

Sam Bradford (46 at 8+ vs 12 at less than 3)


jhns, you lost the challenge and it's not even close. You believed Tebow was the only one to do it, but it's a simple fact that more starting QBs in the NFL would meet your "challenge" than wouldn't. In other words, good or bad, most starting QBs in this league throw significantly more times on 3rd and 8+ than they do on 3rd and less than 3). Tebow is not special here.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #1281
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Apparently you do want me to go on. I'll go to the othe end of the talent spectrum:

Sam Bradford (46 at 8+ vs 12 at less than 3)


jhns, you lost the challenge and it's not even close. You believed Tebow was the only one to do it, but it's a simple fact that more starting QBs in the NFL would meet your "challenge" than wouldn't. In other words, good or bad, most starting QBs in this league throw significantly more times on 3rd and 8+ than they do on 3rd and less than 3). Tebow is not special here.
Of course you throw on 3rd and long more often. But it's more than apparent you didn't read what I said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #1282
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Now tell me, just based on play selection, not even the players involved... who's going to have more success converting on third down?
Well, that's another BS jhns-type argument.

"Tell me who is going to have more success, but ignore which one is more talented."
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #1283
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Apparently you do want me to go on. I'll go to the othe end of the talent spectrum:

Sam Bradford (46 at 8+ vs 12 at less than 3)
Good good. For every one throw on 3rd and short, Sam had to throw for 4 3rd and longs.

For every one throw on 3rd and short, Tebow had to throw for 21 3rd and longs.

Not a difficult concept.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #1284
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Of course you throw on 3rd and long more often. But it's more than apparent you didn't read what I said.
Actually, it's more than apparent you didn't read what you wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Find any other NFL QB in 2011 who was called on to pass on 3rd and >8 20+ times more than on 3rd and <3.

GO!
Once again......owned.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #1285
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Well, that's another BS jhns-type argument.

"Tell me who is going to have more success, but ignore which one is more talented."
Yeah yeah, sure. "But Sam Bradford has a better completion percentage on 3rd and 2 than Tebow does on 3rd and 11!"

DERP
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #1286
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah yeah, sure. "But Sam Bradford has a better completion percentage on 3rd and 2 than Tebow does on 3rd and 11!"

DERP
Please jhns. Here's your 2nd challenge you'll ignore. Show us all where anyone said anything remotely resembling that as some sort of basis for our argument.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #1287
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Actually, it's more than apparent you didn't read what you wrote.



Once again......owned.
Yep. I say "Tebow was forced to throw on 3rd and long TWENTY TIMES more often than 3rd and short"

you answer

"Aha! Tom Brady was forced to thrown on 3rd and long TWO TIMES as often as on 3rd and short!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
DERP
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #1288
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yep. I say "Tebow was forced to throw on 3rd and long TWENTY TIMES more often than 3rd and short"

you answer

"Aha! Tom Brady was forced to thrown on 3rd and long TWO TIMES as often as on 3rd and short!"
Nice. Your adding of the word "often" to your post above shows that you realized you messed up in your challenge. HUGE difference there.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #1289
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hata challenge of the day. Find any other NFL QB in 2011 who was called on to pass on 3rd and >8 20+ times more than on 3rd and <3.

GO!
You just love getting sodimized in your losing arguments. I don't know why you just can't accept the fact that tebow sucks at passing. The final argument will be when tebow washes out of the league at a regular qb will be he just recieved bad coaching. His accuracy will always be suspect on throws he needs to make in NFL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #1290
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Nice. Your adding of the word "often" to your post above shows that you realized you messed up in your challenge. HUGE difference there.
"20 times more" is a perfectly rational way to say 20 times "more often"

But it would be an odd way to say it and mean 20 additional instances. At least in American English. But I can see how you read it differently than I meant it.

Then again, you had the original numbers, and meaning "20 additional times" is an interpretation that makes no sense in context, since it would be more than 40 difference. Oh and the fact that when you're talking percentages and averages, only the ratios matter.

But the point remains, and the intent of my challenge has yielded you throwing out tons of numbers that only prove my point.

So I guess we can call it a day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #1291
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,428
Default

Damn, Beavis. You got your ass thoroughly kicked, now you're dishonestly trying to reframe your arguments when we know what your original statements were. Embarassing and pathetic.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #1292
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Damn, Beavis. You got your ass thoroughly kicked, now you're dishonestly trying to reframe your arguments when we know what your original statements were. Embarassing and pathetic.
Yes, because when I compare the number 2 and the number 40 and say "20 times more" it's totally rational to interpret that as 2 plus 20. Makes complete sense.

"40 is twenty times more than 2"

"NO IT ISN'T! IT'S 38 MORE THAN 2!"

DERP

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 07-31-2012 at 09:32 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #1293
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
"20 times more" is a perfectly rational way to say 20 times "more often"

But it would be an odd way to say it and mean 20 additional instances. At least in American English. But I can see how you read it differently than I meant it.
Typical Broncos game in the McD era: 55 plays run on offense. 40 pass plays. 15 run plays. In describing said game, anyone who speaks English would say that they passed the ball 35 times more than they ran it.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1294
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Typical Broncos game in the McD era: 55 plays run on offense. 40 pass plays. 15 run plays. In describing said game, anyone who speaks English would say that they passed the ball 35 times more than they ran it.
Not where I'm from. You might say it "more times" You'd never say it "times more"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1295
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yes, because when I compare the number 2 and the number 40 and say "20 times more" it's totally rational to interpret that as 2 plus 20. Makes complete sense.

"40 is twenty times more than 2"

"NO IT ISN'T! IT'S 38 MORE THAN 2!"

DERP
Go back and find where you referenced the number 2 and the number 40 in the same post. It isn't anywhere near the challenge. I've gone back multiple pages.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #1296
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yes, because when I compare the number 2 and the number 40 and say "20 times more" it's totally rational to interpret that as 2 plus 20. Makes complete sense.

"40 is twenty times more than 2"

"NO IT ISN'T! IT'S 38 MORE THAN 2!"

DERP
Of course, as we all know, that is not what your original statement implied, liar.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #1297
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Treading in a sea of common sense looks like its starting to tire out your arms Beav. This is gettin ugly for ya.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #1298
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

this thread still delivers!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #1299
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Of course, as we all know, that is not what your original statement implied, liar.
Yes, my statement clearly implied that 2+20 = 43.

Typical hata though. Cornered with irrefutable numbers proving what a ridiculous situation Tebow was placed in, they turn to arguing phraseology.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #1300
E_Rox
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yes, my statement clearly implied that 2+20 = 43.

Typical hata though. Cornered with irrefutable numbers proving what a ridiculous situation Tebow was placed in, they turn to arguing phraseology.


Sorry for the quick and sloppy edit but trying to get a perfectly clean version isn't worth it
Attached Images
 
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Denver Broncos