The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #1126
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sometimes you take the short term hit for long term gain. Other than PM free agency was a bust. All because they were putting every egg in one $20 million basket.
What long term gain did you honestly see with a guy who struggled to hit on half of his passes?

Free agency was a bust? We signed Tamme, who caught 67 passes in 10 games as Colts #1 TE....that projects to 107 catches in 16 games. We signed an above average to good safety in Adams, we dumped Goodman for Porter which was an upgrade, and we also signed Drayton Florence to give us a dependable vet to compete for nickel back....add in Manning and FA was a alot more successful than you're butt hurt ass thinks.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #1127
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
You do realize that, as important as you think you are, the team doesn't notify you and the press every time they start contacting other teams about trading one of their players, right?
I did not know I was so important. Thanks. I wish the team would notify me before trades, so I could tell them, for example, that it's dumb to make trades such as Gaffney for Jeremy Jarmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
And you're right, some team would have definitely given us more. Like Jacksonville who actually chose drafting a punter over making a better offer for Tebow.
So, an extended period of negotiations would not have upgraded the compensation because the Jaguars decided to draft a punter in the 3rd round. It makes a lot of sense, you're really smart.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #1128
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post

When the play finally ended, one fan screamed, "That's why you're No. 2."
I'm wondering if the fan meant as in the depth chart or the quality of his passing....
Old 07-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #1129
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
Tebow's long-term potential and his trade value are a different story. I'm just discussing what happened last year during the season. In my opinion, it's hard to be 100% sure that Denver got the best possible value for Tebow, simply because the trade happened in 1 day. Manning signed on March 20th and Tebow was traded on March 21st. I mean, the Broncos not even tried to play hardball and let the offers flow. Elway just wanted Tebow out ASAP because Manning was in the house. I would not even have offered a 4th round pick since the desperation was big enough to get a deal done in 24h. Maybe the Broncos would have started negotiations with a 3rd team and a 3rd round pick could have been part of the deal if they were willing to wait for a week or two.
Tebow's potential went down the drain imo when his coach was fired. If coach mac and tebow was still here, we might have seen him developed into a real qb. Now he's off to another system and it's known he's going to be used as a gimmick. Tony Sparano is the OC? His pro career, as a QB, is going down the drain.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #1130
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

This is the guy who is going to develop Tebow?

hahahhhhaahahhahahahahahahahah

oh mannnnnnnnnnn

hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahaahah

hahahahahhaahhahaha
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #1131
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Tebow was getting booed in practice the other day. Missing throws all over the field.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #1132
Stuck in Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Tebow's potential went down the drain imo when his coach was fired. If coach mac and tebow was still here, we might have seen him developed into a real qb. Now he's off to another system and it's known he's going to be used as a gimmick. Tony Sparano is the OC? His pro career, as a QB, is going down the drain.
Honesty I don't think be would of develop into a solid QB. We would of just had to suffer through the pain of watching him try, or I sould say others try to make him what he is not.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #1133
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
I did not express myself as well as I'd like to. To be more specific, the Broncos had a conventional pocket QB in Kyle Orton. The kind of QB that can at least throw the ball. Not a great QB, but a real one. So, I wonder why a 1-4 team decided to replace a conventional QB with a guy that struggles to find open targets and can't throw with consistency. Unless they decided to throw the season away and suck for Luck, giving the angry fans what they were asking for. Why would a 1-4 team improve and win games with a fake QB that can't throw?
This question is highly disingenuous... everyone knows why Orton was benched. Any time a mediocre starting QB struggles.... while a very popular, overhyped but untested and inexperienced backup sits behind him on the bench... there is going to be some percentage of the fan base that wants to see what the kid can do. Ultimately it doesn't matter though, does it? Peyton Manning is an elite QB... he can consistently put the football precisely where it needs to be. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what consistency in the passing game can do for our offense.

Go Broncos!
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #1134
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Orton gave his best but his best for reserved for getting Jack'ed up on Jack and coke.

Orton had Griese's heart after Denver tried to trade him away only fail to get any value for him and after that then say "we trust you to be our QB, here is the ball". Orton didn't care after that and his play showed.

Then they were forced to start Timmy and he did some things on the ground but could not hit the broadside of a barn through the 1st 55 min and then with the playoffs on the line he lost the last 4 games. Sure Timmy redemmed himself with the Steel-girrzz game but even then he started slow before he got it going and needed help on D to keep the game close at the end.

I am glad we have PM now and hope The Blizzard of Oz can take over for PMFM once he is done playing.
In retrospect, it was... not the best of management decisions... that left the Broncos in a situation where Kyle Orton could ever have a possibility of winning the starting job (a situation where we had no one else on the roster who was clearly a better QB). I'm very glad we have a better starting QB going into the 2012 season.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #1135
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What long term gain did you honestly see with a guy who struggled to hit on half of his passes?
1. him becoming QB directly coincided with our running game becoming the best in the league.

2. him becoming QB directly coincided with our defense giving up far less points.

3. He quite literally carried this team to it's first playoff win since 2005, only the second playoff win post-Elway.

His completion percentage is a statistic. The team's results when he's on the field are something else entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Tebow was getting booed in practice the other day. Missing throws all over the field.
Those same fans boo their #1 QB on a weekly basis, FYI.

Also, last year it was "Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn, looks like the 4th string QB behind Orton, Quinn, and Weber". Now it's "Tebow looked wobbly". Sounds like improvement. BTW, who won more games last year, Tebow or the three guys who all looked better in camp?

More importantly, last I heard Caleb Hanie wasn't lighting up the skies with his areal display during camp himself. On the regular season last year Hanie was actually a worse thrower than Tebow too. Yet a 4th round pick is all it took for us to dump a young, exceptional athlete who was clearly willing to play a mixed role while he develops in favor of a waste of space #2 QB.

Keep Tebow and Manning's health is slightly less worrisome because you can just go Tebow-cat offense for a few weeks and likely still win games. Now we get to watch Caleb Hanie crap his pants all over the field if Manning misses a single start in 2012.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #1136
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
1. him becoming QB directly coincided with our running game becoming the best in the league.

2. him becoming QB directly coincided with our defense giving up far less points.

3. He quite literally carried this team to it's first playoff win since 2005, only the second playoff win post-Elway.

His completion percentage is a statistic. The team's results when he's on the field are something else entirely.

Also, last year it was "Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn, looks like the 4th string QB behind Orton, Quinn, and Weber". Now it's "Tebow looked wobbly". Sounds like improvement. BTW, who won more games last year, Tebow or the three guys who all looked better in camp?

More importantly, last I heard Caleb Hanie wasn't lighting up the skies with his areal display during camp himself. On the regular season last year Hanie was actually a worse thrower than Tebow too. Yet a 4th round pick is all it took for us to dump a young, exceptional athlete who was clearly willing to play a mixed role while he develops in favor of a waste of space #2 QB.

Keep Tebow and Manning's health is slightly less worrisome because you can just go Tebow-cat offense for a few weeks and likely still win games. Now we get to watch Caleb Hanie crap his pants all over the field if Manning misses a single start in 2012.
It was pretty obvious that their was a ton of luck in Tebows wins more than his play. In fact the luck was needed to overcome his awful one trick pony. Tebow had so far to go as a passer it was time to move on. I personally remember him losing 4 of last 5 games playing awful and getting us blown out several times down the stretch.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 07-29-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #1137
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

4. Tebow play at QB is why he is now a special teamer for the Jets.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #1138
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Him becoming QB directly coincided with our passing game becoming the worst in the league.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #1139
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Him becoming QB directly coincided with our passing game becoming the worst in the league.
Not if you look at YPA. Look at things per attempt and Tebow compared pretty favorably to most young QB's. You can't lead the league in total yards with the fewest passing attempts.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #1140
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's crazy people still think he is going to be anything better than mediocre.

Clearly the fans know more than all of those NFL teams that showed zero interest in trading for him.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #1141
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Not if you look at YPA. Look at things per attempt and Tebow compared pretty favorably to most young QB's. You can't lead the league in total yards with the fewest passing attempts.
OK. Let's just ignore the 37 different stats that show the passing game as the worst in the league and focus on the 1 that says it's middle of the pack (when compared only with other so-called "young" QBs). Only with Tebow.....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #1142
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It was pretty obvious that their was a ton of luck in Tebows wins more than his play. In fact the luck was needed to overcome his awful one trick pony. Tebow had so far to go as a passer it was time to move on. I personally remember him losing 4 of last 5 games playing awful and getting us blown out several times down the stretch.
The sure novelty or his skills bought us a few wins, that and Prater's leg

But, it was a short dance.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #1143
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

take away his 660 yards rushing and we rank 11th or 12th.....but since the fact is he did rush for that many yards, I'll instead point out how successful do you think we'd have been if we weren't the 31st ranked passing team. I'm gonna guess that if we finish in the middle of the pack (11th thru 20th) in rushing we'll still be a tough offense to stop because of one solitary player being able to put the ball where it needs to be, exactly when it needs to be there

I'll argue his rise to stardom during the streak was due to the defense keeping the games closer after the return to health of Dumervil and DJ. Our special teams playing on a Pro Bowl level. Look at the Jets game for instance....our defense and ST's kept the Broncos at or near midfield damn near the entire game, while Tebow led the team to more 3 and outs than Orton could even dream of.

Now you're really talking craziness....he was A reason...but he was not the SOLE reason we won. As I pointed out, ST's played very well....defense played very well for the most part, coming up with timely sacks, or turnovers, and of course we had a few magic moments where the opposing teams had brain farts like not being able to recover an onside kick, allowing a sack and subsequent fumble, running out of bounds stopping the clock, and then fumbling the ball in OT, and not to mention playing 9 guys in the box.....

leading the league in 3 and outs was a statistic...so was being ranked 31st in passing....being one of the worse at converting 3rd downs and only averaging 10-13 points per game are statistics too. Unfortunately for him, they're stats that the powers that be didn't want to be associated with heading into 2012.

Yeah, they're New Yorkers...they booed Phil Simms too and he won a SB. Your boy isn't gonna get any love from them...they hate southeners and QB's that can't throw the ball or stay healthy.....the kid should've chosen to go back to Jax where he's adored.

Well, we don't know how many games Weber or Quinn would have won...they never saw the field. then again they didn't have thousands of adoring Bieber-esque fans crying for them to play, or threatening boycotts and putting up billboards either.

And he still can't hit the broad side of a barn...just because his passes wobble now and aren't bouncing when they hit it doesn't mean he's "improved"...and the one day he decided to "pull the trigger" he did well vs. Steelers...but he's gone back to the way he's always played throughout his entire football career...if option #1 ain't wide open he takes off running. That **** worked in pee-wee, middle school, high school and college where he was bigger and stronger than the rest of the guys on the field....it won't work in the NFL where 280 lb. players can run almost as fast as he can.

Really? You think pointing out Hanie's being a sucky QB makes Tebow suckage more tolerable? Caleb Hanie is a camp arm...and a clip board holder. The only thing that'll save his job in Denver is if we carry 3 QB's on the roster. Brock will most likely be the #2 guy when camp breaks and the regular season begins...

Now here's the problem you and your clown posse have yet to realize...the "circus" as you're affectionately called by everyone who thinks you guys are just bat-ass crazy hero worshipers is why Tebow is no longer on the team. The powers that be came to the conclusion months ago that they were not going thru the same crazy **** of Tebow-fans threatening to attack QB's with tire irons, boycotting games, putting up billboards, writing letters to Dove Valley, proposing hypothetical scenarios where Fox and Elway die in plane crashes and how much better the team would be with them dead. Face it...Tebow was done in by poor mechanics and his adoring fans that couldn't face reality.

In Bold....
Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #1144
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Can't lead the league in passing attempts if you can't throw the ball either.....
Old 07-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #1145
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's crazy people still think he is going to be anything better than mediocre.

Clearly the fans know more than all of those NFL teams that showed zero interest in trading for him.
It's understandable to a small degree...hell I even thought Griese was gonna be something special after he threw for 19 TD's and only 4 INT's that one season...but he clearly wasn't the answer as time went on and we got to see him play more.

I understand believing he'd develop when he first took over the team...but as the season wore on and he wasn't getting better save for an exception or two, well...it was time to cut loose of the project, especially when a future HoF 4 time MVP SB winning QB became a FA.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #1146
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Now here's the problem you and your clown posse have yet to realize...the "circus" as you're affectionately called by everyone who thinks you guys are just bat-ass crazy hero worshipers is why Tebow is no longer on the team.
Classic. The "Best Chance to Win"ers who keep bringing digging Tebow threads out of the graveyard, then claim it's everyone else who just can't let Tebow go.

Reality is Tebow made a bunch of p***Y-hurt Ortonites look like morons last year.

Quote:
That's possible...then again it's possible too that Orton beats Tebow out, and he plays well, Fox fixes our defense and OL and we win enough games to make playoffs.

You sound like you're of the mind set that the coaching staff has it in for certain players and will play inferior ones over them for spite?

Cry all you want. But that kind of Moron stain doesn't wipe quite so easily.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #1147
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Cry all you want. But that kind of Moron stain doesn't wipe quite so easily.
I think you need to look up the word "possible" in Webster's dictionary...I think you'll see that it doesn't mean definitely or etched in stone.....but keep ****ing that chicken dude....you're hero is nothing more than a below average shot putter that can run....hopefully he'll get another chance with another team next year so you can keep carrying that torch for him in your heart.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #1148
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I think you need to look up the word "possible" in Webster's dictionary...I think you'll see that it doesn't mean definitely or etched in stone.....but keep ****ing that chicken dude....you're hero is nothing more than a below average shot putter that can run....hopefully he'll get another chance with another team next year so you can keep carrying that torch for him in your heart.
I think we've established, at least in your case, that it was roughly synonymous with "in my dreams"
Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #1149
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think we've established, at least in your case, that it was roughly synonymous with "in my dreams"
Wow, those last few rebuttal's must have really stuck in your ass hard, eh?

Think about this...you're busting me for defending Orton's ability to throw the ball over Tebow's.....because you got butt hurt trying to defend Tebow's ability over Manning's.

See, when it comes to throwing the ball accurately Orton >> Tebow...when it comes to throwing the ball accurately.....

Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orton>>Tebow.

you on the other hand think differently because you're a bat-**** crazy nuthugger who's got a man-crush on Tebow.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #1150
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Think about this...you're busting me for defending Orton's ability to throw the ball over Tebow's.....because you got butt hurt trying to defend Tebow's ability over Manning's.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot....
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote