The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #1101
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What was the long term option this year? Sooner or later you'll realize tebow is not a starting QB. Jets realized it after one camp. No manning would've meant a sure 3-5 win season. Barkley sweepstakes.
How people can still be touting camp champs after last year's fiasco is beyond me.

Not just before any games are played, but even before preseason starts.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #1102
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

PMFM has a good 5 years of dominant play left in him.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #1103
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

One can't hit the broad side of a barn, the other can nail each window, at a great distance, of that said barn.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #1104
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Or, individually hit each glass or pane, in said window, of that said barn.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1105
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

"We always talk the opportunities are the greatest right now," Decker said. "We have a future Hall of Famer, a guy who's been to the Super Bowl, an All-Pro, someone who wants to win, too. I think as young receivers, we're hungry, we want to make the most of this opportunity and play our best football this year."

Catching Manning's passes is a thrill for a group of guys who loved Tim Tebow's passion but weren't exactly fans of his erratic passing.

http://www.14news.com/story/19133259...is-new-targets

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #1106
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
"We always talk the opportunities are the greatest right now," Decker said. "We have a future Hall of Famer, a guy who's been to the Super Bowl, an All-Pro, someone who wants to win, too. I think as young receivers, we're hungry, we want to make the most of this opportunity and play our best football this year."

Catching Manning's passes is a thrill for a group of guys who loved Tim Tebow's passion but weren't exactly fans of his erratic passing.

http://www.14news.com/story/19133259...is-new-targets

I doubt Peyton would've been fans of their erratic catching either. But hey they're young. And I heard something once about young players being erratic sometimes.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #1107
yerner
Ring of Famer

this thread is great. or sad. it's one of those.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #1108
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Tebow, working exclusively with the second team, took 12 snaps in team drills. He completed only three of eight passes in the padless practice, taking a "sack" on a play in which he scrambled from one side of the field to the other.

The play seemed to take forever. As it unfolded, some fans screamed, "Throw the ball!"

When the play finally ended, one fan screamed, "That's why you're No. 2."
Old 07-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #1109
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Tebow, working exclusively with the second team, took 12 snaps in team drills. He completed only three of eight passes in the padless practice, taking a "sack" on a play in which he scrambled from one side of the field to the other.

The play seemed to take forever. As it unfolded, some fans screamed, "Throw the ball!"

When the play finally ended, one fan screamed, "That's why you're No. 2."
Still cant throw. Glad we got rid of the virgin. Man it feels good to have a real qb playing for us.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #1110
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Still cant throw. Glad we got rid of the virgin. Man it feels good to have a real qb playing for us.
The Broncos had a real QB when Orton was the starter. I wonder why they got rid of him.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #1111
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
The Broncos had a real QB when Orton was the starter. I wonder why they got rid of him.
Orton always had limitations athletically... he was never going to be an elite starter even under ideal circumstances with an above average supporting cast. Some of us knew this (that Orton was mediocre at best) when he was unable to supplant Brian Griese as the Bears' starter... or to clearly outshine Rex Grossman... long before McDaniels decided he'd do as a starting QB.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #1112
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #1113
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How people can still be touting camp champs after last year's fiasco is beyond me.

Not just before any games are played, but even before preseason starts.
How you can still think he's starting QB talent is beyond me.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #1114
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Orton always had limitations athletically... he was never going to be an elite starter even under ideal circumstances with an above average supporting cast. Some of us knew this (that Orton was mediocre at best) when he was unable to supplant Brian Griese as the Bears' starter... or to clearly outshine Rex Grossman... long before McDaniels decided he'd do as a starting QB.
I did not express myself as well as I'd like to. To be more specific, the Broncos had a conventional pocket QB in Kyle Orton. The kind of QB that can at least throw the ball. Not a great QB, but a real one. So, I wonder why a 1-4 team decided to replace a conventional QB with a guy that struggles to find open targets and can't throw with consistency. Unless they decided to throw the season away and suck for Luck, giving the angry fans what they were asking for. Why would a 1-4 team improve and win games with a fake QB that can't throw?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #1115
Stuck in Cali

What do you think if Tebow was involved in a similar situation that Tiger went through. Maybe not the exact circumstances. Think he would fall harder and faster, cause people have him as a saviour of sorts.

I really do hope he is the person he is portrayed to be. I wish him well In life. But he sure does suck as a pro QB.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #1116
TonyR
Franchise Poster

In addition to getting heckled, Sal Paolantonio reports that Tebow was "wobbly" in passing drills...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ng-camp-drills
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #1117
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Still think the kid could be an absolute monster H-Back and or specialized player in the NFL. He's instinctive in space, an amazing athlete for his size in space and an absolute load to bring down. The Jets will be very happy with him if they use him exclusively as a jumbo package Brad Smith. Things will get really convoluted though when Sanchez ****s the bed about week 7 or so.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #1118
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
I did not express myself as well as I'd like to. To be more specific, the Broncos had a conventional pocket QB in Kyle Orton. The kind of QB that can at least throw the ball. Not a great QB, but a real one. So, I wonder why a 1-4 team decided to replace a conventional QB with a guy that struggles to find open targets and can't throw with consistency. Unless they decided to throw the season away and suck for Luck, giving the angry fans what they were asking for. Why would a 1-4 team improve and win games with a fake QB that can't throw?
Because both qbs were terrible
The difference was one was leading the league in interceptions before he was pulled, while one did a good job of limiting turnovers during our winning streak

We went from getting terrible qb play that lead to multiple turnovers to getting terrible qb play but at least was not leading to multiple turnovers a game

Once the turnovers started up again though the wins stopped

But it is so bizarre how not a single GM in the NFL realizes the awesome franchise potential that Tebow possesses

I mean I guess they didnt watch the games since it was so obvious Tebow was the reason for any success we had last year

Last edited by Br0nc0Buster; 07-28-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #1119
R-Mac

Unfortunately for him, Tebow is now perceived as a trick, a gimmick. A RB that can eventually throw some passes down the field. His development as a QB is going down the drain. For the good of his future as a QB, if he really wants to be a QB, all this wildcat and zone-read option crap must be erased. No one sees Michael Vick as a wildcat or option QB, not even when he was an erratic passer for the Falcons. The same goes to the other NFL QBs that can run. There is only one way, and it's the hard way: Tebow must learn a pro-style offense and be able to play in the pocket like the other QBs. His ability to run is a plus that allows improvisation depending on what happens after the snap. Cam Newton is the enhanced, perfected Tebow, the real dual threat that can run for a lot of yards and also play like a pocket passer. Maybe such transformation can still happen. It might take 2, 3, 4 years. Maybe it will never happen. So far, it looks like he will continue to be a circus freak among QBs.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #1120
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Because both qbs were terrible
The difference was one was leading the league in interceptions before he was pulled, while one did a good job of limiting turnovers during our winning streak

We went from getting terrible qb play that lead to multiple turnovers to getting terrible qb play but at least was not leading to multiple turnovers a game

Once the turnovers started up again though the wins stopped

But it is so bizarre how not a single GM in the NFL realizes the awesome franchise potential that Tebow possesses

I mean I guess they didnt watch the games since it was so obvious Tebow was the reason for any success we had last year
yeah,NFL teams never do their homework on players. they never watch tape or anything...not. They all saw the samething franchise potential as long as he's not playing QB,maybe TE or HB.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #1121
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
As others said we won TO battle, played good defense/ST at times, and got LUCKY as can be. If GMs and coaches around the league thought he had long term potential he would of fetched a lot higher draft pick than he did.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #1122
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
As others said we won TO battle, played good defense/ST at times, and got LUCKY as can be. If GMs and coaches around the league thought he had long term potential he would of fetched a lot higher draft pick than he did.
Tebow's long-term potential and his trade value are a different story. I'm just discussing what happened last year during the season. In my opinion, it's hard to be 100% sure that Denver got the best possible value for Tebow, simply because the trade happened in 1 day. Manning signed on March 20th and Tebow was traded on March 21st. I mean, the Broncos not even tried to play hardball and let the offers flow. Elway just wanted Tebow out ASAP because Manning was in the house. I would not even have offered a 4th round pick since the desperation was big enough to get a deal done in 24h. Maybe the Broncos would have started negotiations with a 3rd team and a 3rd round pick could have been part of the deal if they were willing to wait for a week or two.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #1123
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Old 07-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #1124
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Orton gave his best but his best for reserved for getting Jack'ed up on Jack and coke.

Orton had Griese's heart after Denver tried to trade him away only fail to get any value for him and after that then say "we trust you to be our QB, here is the ball". Orton didn't care after that and his play showed.

Then they were forced to start Timmy and he did some things on the ground but could not hit the broadside of a barn through the 1st 55 min and then with the playoffs on the line he lost the last 4 games. Sure Timmy redemmed himself with the Steel-girrzz game but even then he started slow before he got it going and needed help on D to keep the game close at the end.

I am glad we have PM now and hope The Blizzard of Oz can take over for PMFM once he is done playing.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #1125
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Tebow's long-term potential An d his trade value are a different story. I'm just discussing what happened last year during the season. In my opinion, it's hard to be 100% sure that Denver got the best possible value for Tebow, simply because the trade happened in 1 day. Manning signed on March 20th and Tebow was traded on March 21st. I mean, the Broncos not even tried to play hardball and let the offers flow. Elway just wanted Tebow out ASAP because Manning was in the house. I would not even have offered a 4th round pick since the desperation was big enough to get a deal done in 24h. Maybe the Broncos would have started negotiations with a 3rd team and a 3rd round pick could have been part of the deal if they were willing to wait for a week or two.
You do realize that, as important as you think you are, the team doesn't notify you and the press every time they start contacting other teams about trading one of their players, right?

And you're right, some team would have definitely given us more. Like Jacksonville who actually chose drafting a punter over making a better offer for Tebow.

Last edited by bowtown; 07-28-2012 at 10:05 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote