The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #826
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I think the argument is that he held no value. First round pick into a fourth round pick after two years? Not good.

Maybe he'll turn into something. The majority of GMs in this league are convinced otherwise or someone would have stepped up with a third, or a second, or a (hahahahahaha) first. /shrug
Knowing the fact that Denver was going to get rid of Tebow one way or another, I'm sure had no factor in any of it. Not to mention, the majority of teams had already signed all their QBs that they wanted at the time. Manning was off the market and a member of the Broncos. So teams knew they didn't have to give up much, and they also knew that it wouldn't take much for Elway to trade him regardless.

You guys act like Elway came out and was demanding a high draft pick for Tebow. Truth be told, Elway would have unloaded him for a 7th if that was the best he was offered.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #827
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Seems that you are the one that doesn't know what the hell you are talking about. Denver tried to trade Orton BEFORE camp.(maybe even before the draft, I'd have to look) The deal didn't work out. The three QBs entered camp under the impression that it was an open competition, with Orton being the only one of the three QBs to get reps with the 1st team. The other two got 1st team reps, when Orton was away from practice. Orton was named the starter about 2 weeks into camp. This was well documented.
Is THIS what I had to "catch up with"? Because your facts are wrong.

Orton was held out of camp because the team was trying to move him. For a few days. Tebow looked like DOG ****. You know what dog **** is, right? It's that stuff that stinks up your house when you step in it.

The trade didn't work out, and Tebow looked like ****, and Orton didn't, and TA-DAH! Tebow lost the OPEN COMPETITION for the spot.

Christ on a cracker, you are not bright.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #828
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Knowing the fact that Denver was going to get rid of Tebow one way or another, I'm sure had no factor in any of it. Not to mention, the majority of teams had already signed all their QBs that they wanted at the time. Manning was off the market and a member of the Broncos. So teams knew they didn't have to give up much, and they also knew that it wouldn't take much for Elway to trade him regardless.

You guys act like Elway came out and was demanding a high draft pick for Tebow. Truth be told, Elway would have unloaded him for a 7th if that was the best he was offered.
I really can't tell if you're being serious. It seems like satire, honestly.

Fact is, this is a QB starved league. If a team wanted tim, they would have stepped up AND MADE SURE they got him. How would they "make sure"? By offering a higher pick. Period.

He was unwanted. Do you seriously not see that? He's being used in punt protection for god's sake.

I'm all done running you in circles. I feel like I'm picking on a retarded kid, and honestly it makes me feel guilty.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #829
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Is THIS what I had to "catch up with"? Because your facts are wrong.

Orton was held out of camp because the team was trying to move him. For a few days. Tebow looked like DOG ****. You know what dog **** is, right? It's that stuff that stinks up your house when you step in it.

The trade didn't work out, and Tebow looked like ****, and Orton didn't, and TA-DAH! Tebow lost the OPEN COMPETITION for the spot.

Christ on a cracker, you are not bright.
July 26th according to this article, the new NFL league started after the players signed the new CBA.http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18549001

By July 28th, just two days later, the Dolphins were in talks with the Broncos about trading for Orton. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...de-sources-say

Orton set to take first team reps at first team practice. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nent-just-yet/

One day later on the 29th of July, the trade is declared dead.http://www.rantsports.com/redzonetal...phins-is-dead/

Now the very fact that to this day you still believe there was an OPEN competition for the QB spot last year just shows how confused you really are. Either that, or you are just so dead on hating Tebow that you can't make out your ass from a hole in the ground.

Now, say it again pinky.

Last edited by GreatBronco16; 06-07-2012 at 09:38 AM..
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #830
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
He was fine. He would have taken this team back to the playoffs again next year, with a better record than 8-8.

He just wasn't Peyton Manning, that's all.

And the price tag was low because of the timing. He was sold in a fire sale. Everybody knows if you want maximum value for a QB you wait until somebody needs one. For example, the Broncos got ZILCH for Orton, because of the timing. But if things were different, they might have gotten more.
That is one of the areas where I miss Shanahan, he was the master of the trade.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #831
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
really? you really got to ask a question like that? a 1st round QB that has been traded to be another teams back up QB & special teams player for what was it a 4th rd pick if i remember correctly & you actually have the nerve to ask me, How is he a bust?
So a guy in the league with a winning record and a playoff victory in his first 16 starts is a bust because of his trade value?

He was named the starter before manning became available. You can't ignore the specifics or facts to make a point. Its stupid.

No one can be claimed a bust after 16 starts.. Jesus, your hate makes you stupid.

16 starts....jesus christ. what a fag.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #832
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
So a guy in the league with a winning record and a playoff victory in his first 16 starts is a bust because of his trade value?

He was named the starter before manning became available. You can't ignore the specifics or facts to make a point. Its stupid.

No one can be claimed a bust after 16 starts.. Jesus, your hate makes you stupid.

I don't think Tebow is a bust but how many starts did Ryan Leaf have, how about JaMarcus Russell or Todd Marinovich?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #833
Drunken.Broncoholic

Leinhart was a bust after the 2007 season. 17 games played.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #834
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
So now that he's done it once, let's move the goalposts to "again".

When he does it again, then where will the goalposts be moved to?
Depends. Does Tebow have to hit those goal posts? If so, about 5 feet from him.

(just wanted to jump on the hate train since he is now a Jet!)

Good luck Tebow and you better improve as an actual QB soon or the road of your career will be filled with gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That is one of the areas where I miss Shanahan, he was the master of the trade.
He wouldnt have to trade to be the master if he concentrated on the draft better and had those exceptional players. Thank God he made RBs into high draft picks.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #835
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

what's stupid is you,you ignore his horrendous 3rd conversion rates,his ****ty passing %. how about his 4 out 5 losses to end the season. you convienently ignore that,but of course if denver loses it's everybodies fault but when denver win it's all tebow.

Last edited by peacepipe; 06-07-2012 at 10:46 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #836
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't think Tebow is a bust but how many starts did Ryan Leaf have, how about JaMarcus Russell or Todd Marinovich?
what's funny is all had better comp. % than tebow,that should say it all right there.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #837
Jay3

Quote:
what's funny is all had better comp. % than Elway,that should say it all right there.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #838
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Fixed it for ya.
Career completion % per NFL.com:

Russel: 53.1
Marinovich: 50.7
Leaf: 48.4
Elway: 56.9

What were you saying again?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #839
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Tebow should be arrested for impersonating a nfl qb

Last edited by Spider; 06-07-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #840
Butterscotch Stallion

This place is full of more retards than the locker room at the special olympics.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #841
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
what's stupid is you,you ignore his horrendous 3rd conversion rates,his ****ty passing %. how about his 4 out 5 losses to end the season. you convienently ignore that,but of course if denver loses it's everybodies fault but when denver win it's all tebow.
Umm....no I don't. I'm just not a fag who thinks a career is defined in two years. I don't claim any thing about tebow that isn't based on reality. Try it some time
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #842
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Leinhart was a bust after the 2007 season. 17 games played.
Disagree. Serious bust talk wasn't for a few years later. Even last year houston has high hopes until he got inured.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #843
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Umm....no I don't. I'm just not a fag who thinks a career is defined in two years. I don't claim any thing about tebow that isn't based on reality. Try it some time
So you are saying you are a gay guy that is reasonable in thought?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #844
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
This place is full of more retards than the locker room at the special olympics.
Jets forums now accepting new members. On your bike.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #845
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Disagree. Serious bust talk wasn't for a few years later. Even last year houston has high hopes until he got inured.
How does that help Arizona? He was a bust for Arizona plain and simple.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #846
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It depends on the player. Russell was defined in about 2 years. You are right tebows career is not defined yet. But the fact he went from a starter to a back up, and now to special teams does not bode well
Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #847
uplink
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rk-in-the-nfl/

similar to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xfKuDZd98
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #848
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Watch it with the fag talk.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #849
Shananahan

I am now accepting offers for the screen name 'Tebow' over at http://forums.theganggreen.com/, registered right after he was traded. It's never been used, and can be yours for the right price.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #850
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I am now accepting offers for the screen name 'Tebow' over at http://forums.theganggreen.com/, registered right after he was traded. It's never been used, and can be yours for the right price.
Oh, that's ****ing brilliant.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote