The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #801
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
A late 1st round QB only taken in the first because of the guy who drafted him got dooped into thinking another team was taking him. A 1st round pick who never got a chance to compete to be the starter in Denver. So lets get the bust story straight for once.
You do know he started for more than half the season last year, yes?

Also, kind of important to note that it does not matter WHY he was drafted where he was drafted, but THAT he was drafted where he was drafted at all. He was a first round pick. Period. He was traded for a fourth round pick. Period. He will now play backup QB and personal protector on the punt team.

First round pick.

I'm not sure where you get the "he never got a chance to compete" whiny bull**** narrative, but it ignores an awful lot of facts.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #802
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
A late 1st round QB only taken in the first because of the guy who drafted him got dooped into thinking another team was taking him. A 1st round pick who never got a chance to compete to be the starter in Denver. So lets get the bust story straight for once.
BS,you've got a pretty selective memory or you simply don't know what the **** you are talking about. Tebow went in to TC last season as our starter,but sucked so bad he lost it to kyle orton. You don't seem to remember denver putting orton on the trading block. the only thing that kept orton from being traded to the dolphins was his contract. you don't get a bigger opportunity then that. denver was willing to trade away the starter they had in orton to clear the way for teblow,but yet teblow never got a fair shot at starter!?
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #803
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You do know he started for more than half the season last year, yes?

Also, kind of important to note that it does not matter WHY he was drafted where he was drafted, but THAT he was drafted where he was drafted at all. He was a first round pick. Period. He was traded for a fourth round pick. Period. He will now play backup QB and personal protector on the punt team.

First round pick.

I'm not sure where you get the "he never got a chance to compete" whiny bull**** narrative, but it ignores an awful lot of facts.
He was fine. He would have taken this team back to the playoffs again next year, with a better record than 8-8.

He just wasn't Peyton Manning, that's all.

And the price tag was low because of the timing. He was sold in a fire sale. Everybody knows if you want maximum value for a QB you wait until somebody needs one. For example, the Broncos got ZILCH for Orton, because of the timing. But if things were different, they might have gotten more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #804
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Peacepipe is in lurve
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #805
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
He was fine. He would have taken this team back to the playoffs again next year, with a better record than 8-8.

He just wasn't Peyton Manning, that's all.

And the price tag was low because of the timing. He was sold in a fire sale. Everybody knows if you want maximum value for a QB you wait until somebody needs one. For example, the Broncos got ZILCH for Orton, because of the timing. But if things were different, they might have gotten more.
the price tag was low because no one wanted him. it doesn't matter when a team releases/trades a QB. if teams believed in teblow there would've been alot of teams bidding for his services. as it stood the jets & jags were the only ones interested,neither one looking to make him a starter.

If teblow were truely a QBOTF,teams would've tripped over themselves trying to get him regardess of when he was released or traded.
carson palmer was in retirement for all intents & purposes & look at what cinnci got in return for him.

Last edited by peacepipe; 06-07-2012 at 08:16 AM..
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #806
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You do know he started for more than half the season last year, yes?

You do know that he was the back up QB that became the starter due to Denver being 1-4, the outcry by the fans for Tebow to take over, and the piss poor play of Orton and the team in general. BTW, how did it turn out again for the Broncos with Tebow playing the rest of the way?


Also, kind of important to note that it does not matter WHY he was drafted where he was drafted, but THAT he was drafted where he was drafted at all. He was a first round pick. Period. He was traded for a fourth round pick. Period. He will now play backup QB and personal protector on the punt team.


Don't disagree one bit. I was only stating the fact of why he was drafted in the first round.



First round pick.

I'm not sure where you get the "he never got a chance to compete" whiny bull**** narrative, but it ignores an awful lot of facts.

The whiny bull**** is coming from mostly people like yourself who still have an axe to grind for whatever reason. You were like this all last season and are still the same now. Trust me we get it.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #807
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
The whiny bull**** is coming from mostly people like yourself who still have an axe to grind for whatever reason. You were like this all last season and are still the same now. Trust me we get it.
the only whinning i'm seeing is from those who can't handle the fact that teblow is not an NFL quality QB.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #808
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS,you've got a pretty selective memory or you simply don't know what the **** you are talking about. Tebow went in to TC last season as our starter,but sucked so bad he lost it to kyle orton. You don't seem to remember denver putting orton on the trading block. the only thing that kept orton from being traded to the dolphins was his contract. you don't get a bigger opportunity then that. denver was willing to trade away the starter they had in orton to clear the way for teblow,but yet teblow never got a fair shot at starter!?
Seems that you are the one that doesn't know what the hell you are talking about. Denver tried to trade Orton BEFORE camp.(maybe even before the draft, I'd have to look) The deal didn't work out. The three QBs entered camp under the impression that it was an open competition, with Orton being the only one of the three QBs to get reps with the 1st team. The other two got 1st team reps, when Orton was away from practice. Orton was named the starter about 2 weeks into camp. This was well documented.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #809
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the only whinning i'm seeing is from those who can't handle the fact that teblow is not an NFL quality QB.
I could care less if he is or isn't anymore. Don't let the fact that I'm defending him from a couple of morons lead you to believe that I'm some kind of Tebow lover, or teblow lover as you so stupidly keep saying like it still funny to spell his name that way.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #810
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Seems that you are the one that doesn't know what the hell you are talking about. Denver tried to trade Orton BEFORE camp.(maybe even before the draft, I'd have to look) The deal didn't work out. The three QBs entered camp under the impression that it was an open competition, with Orton being the only one of the three QBs to get reps with the 1st team. The other two got 1st team reps, when Orton was away from practice. Orton was named the starter about 2 weeks into camp. This was well documented.
actually what was documented was teblow crying to the press about how he was the starter going into camp & how it was taken away after coaches saw teblow practice. there was no question going into TC last yr when orton was on the trading block that teblow was the starter going into camp.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #811
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the only whinning i'm seeing is from those who can't handle the fact that teblow is not an NFL quality QB.
You seem to be way more invested in this than anyone else. You like a whiny militant atheist who never shuts up about religion. You claim you don't care but your actions say the exact opposite

S'okay bruh, it's not gay if it's with tebow
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #812
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
You seem to be way more invested in this than anyone else. You like a whiny militant atheist who never shuts up about religion. You claim you don't care but your actions say the exact opposite

S'okay bruh, it's not gay if it's with tebow
you're going to have to do better than this.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #813
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,309
Default

This is a QB starved league. Look at the QB picked in '11 that probably had no reason being drafted that high. If Tebow was anything more than a development QB at this point (whose game and practice is on film) teams see this and offered what they thought he was worth at the current moment.

The circus has just as much to do with Tebow's trade
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #814
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
you're going to have to do better than this.
It's a thin line between love and hate. Don't hold back your feelings on our account

Oh wait, you're not



If you really don't like tebow then maybe just shut the **** up about tebow so this thread can die?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #815
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
It's a thin line between love and hate. Don't hold back your feelings on our account

Oh wait, you're not



If you really don't like tebow then maybe just shut the **** up about tebow so this thread can die?
If you don't like my post go **** yourself & put me on ignore.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #816
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
If you don't like my post go **** yourself & put me on ignore.
Still gonna have to keep seeing this ****ty thread on the first page though

Drop the obsession and let it go. He's not a bronco, you don't have to convince us of anything.

Last edited by lolcopter; 06-07-2012 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Omg tebow can't throw ground breaking stuff itt
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #817
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Still gonna have to keep seeing this ****ty thread on the first page though

Drop the obsession and let it go. He's not a bronco, you don't have to convince us of anything.
no ****! really! if there weren't teblowites constantly crying about teblow because of some percieved slight of teblow I wouldn't have anything to say about it.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #818
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Cool story brah

U def mad

Last edited by lolcopter; 06-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: Y u so mad doe
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #819
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
The whiny bull**** is coming from mostly people like yourself who still have an axe to grind for whatever reason. You were like this all last season and are still the same now. Trust me we get it.
Really? So the team DIDN'T try to trade Orton before the season?

Fascinating.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #820
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
He was fine. He would have taken this team back to the playoffs again next year, with a better record than 8-8.

He just wasn't Peyton Manning, that's all.

And the price tag was low because of the timing. He was sold in a fire sale. Everybody knows if you want maximum value for a QB you wait until somebody needs one. For example, the Broncos got ZILCH for Orton, because of the timing. But if things were different, they might have gotten more.
I'm... not sure where you get this. He looked fine, serviceable, right up until the last three weeks of the season, when he looked like absolute dog****. Now if the high water mark is "serviceable" and the low water mark is "dog****, awful, could only muster three points on a short field against the Chiefs AT HOME," how do you fathom he wins 9+ games and goes to the playoffs again?

We had an incredible run last season. That incredible run was informed by SOME good play from Tim, and AN AWFUL LOT of incredibly lucky breaks, not to mention outstanding placekicking to win an awful lot of games.

Yet if he stayed, it's totally guaranteed that he'd win 9+ and go to the playoffs again, you guys.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #821
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
really? you really got to ask a question like that? a 1st round QB that has been traded to be another teams back up QB & special teams player for what was it a 4th rd pick if i remember correctly & you actually have the nerve to ask me, How is he a bust?

Just because EF -X decided to toss him to the curb does not mean he is a bust and I think you know that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #822
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
actually what was documented was teblow crying to the press about how he was the starter going into camp & how it was taken away after coaches saw teblow practice. there was no question going into TC last yr when orton was on the trading block that teblow was the starter going into camp.
Ok, so you're saying that Tebow was named the starter going into camp, but never saw reps with the first team until Orton had to miss a day or two with family issues. Yeah, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. What John Fox said when he was hired and what he actually did when camp started are two different things.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #823
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Just because EF -X decided to toss him to the curb does not mean he is a bust and I think you know that.
I think the argument is that he held no value. First round pick into a fourth round pick after two years? Not good.

Maybe he'll turn into something. The majority of GMs in this league are convinced otherwise or someone would have stepped up with a third, or a second, or a (hahahahahaha) first. /shrug
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #824
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Really? So the team DIDN'T try to trade Orton before the season?

Fascinating.
Please try to follow and keep up ok?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #825
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Please try to follow and keep up ok?
I'm afraid you're lost.

"He wasn't given a fair chance to compete!"
/team puts the starter on the block

"He's not a bust!"
/drafted with a first, traded for a fourth
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Denver Broncos