The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #626
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Odd then that, when given the opportunity to sign said "franchise quarterback" this past offseason, not one team was willing to give up anything better than the crap low round picks we got for him. And the one team that did sign him has zero interest in making him their QB.
you gotta understand,noone knows football like jay3. NFl teams/coaches are all idiots. Jay3 likes to sit behind a computer,as opposed to turning in a resume to an NFL team.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #627
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
you gotta understand,noone knows football like jay3. NFl teams/coaches are all idiots. Jay3 likes to sit behind a computer,as opposed to turning in a resume to an NFL team.
Yeah, and all those teams the Broncos beat shouldda just listened to Defensive Coordinator Peacepipe, so the TeBroncos would've ended 4-12 and you'd be totally internetz message-board-validated.

If's and But's.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #628
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Odd then that, when given the opportunity to sign said "franchise quarterback" this past offseason, not one team was willing to give up anything better than the crap low round picks we got for him. And the one team that did sign him has zero interest in making him their QB.
1. Same could be said for Steve Young.

2. The Jets let their freshly signed #2 QB go for nothing when they added Tebow, clearly making him Mark Sanchez' competition.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #629
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

2. The Jets let their freshly signed #2 QB go for nothing when they added Tebow, clearly making him Mark Sanchez' competition.
1. Great. In the entire history of the NFL, we have one comp who went on to have a great career.

2. Competition implies Tebow is getting equal snaps with the 1s in non-gimmick plays. That is clearly not the case. He's the #2, sure, so there's some element of "competition" if Sanchez really craps the bed during the season. But right now Sanchez is the clear #1 and Tebow is not even close to unseating him.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #630
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
2. Competition implies Tebow is getting equal snaps with the 1s in non-gimmick plays. That is clearly not the case. He's the #2, sure, so there's some element of "competition" if Sanchez really craps the bed during the season. But right now Sanchez is the clear #1 and Tebow is not even close to unseating him.
Wow, the definition of "competition" sure has changed since last offseason.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #631
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

So what ever happened to that guy Tim Tebow anyway? Any news?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #632
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
1. Great. In the entire history of the NFL, we have one comp who went on to have a great career.

I could come up with many more, I just chose not to. Rich Gannon changed teams multiple times and was told he couldn't play QB in the NFL, needed to become a DB. He went to a Super Bowl and won a league MVP. Doug Flutie was ran out of the league, dominated the CFL, then returned and was a standout QB for a good while. Randall Cunningham's career saw some serious highs and lows, early on he was used in much the same way the Jets now plan to use Tebow. By the end of it he had one of the best seasons any NFL QB has ever had.

As I said, I could go on all day long about times when X player was told he didn't have what it took to play QB in the NFL, but through raw talent and hard work proved the doubters, then highly paid NFL execs, wrong.

Also, if the Jets didn't view Tebow as legitimate competition for Sanchez why did Drew Stanton immediately want out and why did the Jets so willingly comply? Sanchez has been put on notice and only a weak extension low on real money prevented this from being a full on lame duck season for him. Tebow is a serious threat to take his job by mid-season.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #633
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Also, if the Jets didn't view Tebow as legitimate competition for Sanchez why did Drew Stanton immediately want out and why did the Jets so willingly comply? Sanchez has been put on notice and only a weak extension low on real money prevented this from being a full on lame duck season for him. Tebow is a serious threat to take his job by mid-season.
We invested a lot more in Brock than the Jets did in Tebow. I guess Manning better start looking over his shoulder.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #634
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't know about all around "great", but he was certainly exciting and there was a certain magic about him, too. His run was easily the most enjoyable time alot of fans have had in the post-Shanny era. He's got some serious flaws, but I wish him well and hope for all the best for him. With more hard work, he will get better and better.
I enjoyed the McD run early on more. I actually thought we struck gold with our new young HC, found a hidden gem in Orton and were going to dominate for years to come. With Teebs it was exciting as hell but deep down (no matter how much I tried to lie to myself) I knew it was not a long term sustainable answer. It felt great having all the breaks go our way after the run we have had the past few years. But consistently blowing people out by 30 is where you need to be to contend for a Lombardi.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #635
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
... found a hidden gem in Orton ...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #636
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
I know right
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #637
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I enjoyed the McD run early on more. I actually thought we struck gold with our new young HC, found a hidden gem in Orton and were going to dominate for years to come. With Teebs it was exciting as hell but deep down (no matter how much I tried to lie to myself) I knew it was not a long term sustainable answer. It felt great having all the breaks go our way after the run we have had the past few years. But consistently blowing people out by 30 is where you need to be to contend for a Lombardi.
And Exhibit A is the New York Giants?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #638
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And Exhibit A is the New York Giants?

A few things go different and the Giants aren't in the SB. A few things go different and the Pats win that game. Those things will always happen. The best chance to actually win a SB is to be in the conversation year in year out. To consistently be in the conversation you need more then lucky breaks to carry you.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #639
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

The Jets got a 6th round pick out of a guy that was on the team a week. I think they made out OK.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #640
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
A few things go different and the Giants aren't in the SB. A few things go different and the Pats win that game. Those things will always happen. The best chance to actually win a SB is to be in the conversation year in year out. To consistently be in the conversation you need more then lucky breaks to carry you.
The Ravens and Steelers are in the conversation every year, but they rarely blow people out.

The Niners weren't crushing teams, but probably would've gone to the dance had the Giants not caught a break or two (really who doesn't?)

Blowouts are more an indicator that a good offense is playing a poor defense. It's possible for that good offense to win a title, don't get me wrong. But it's just as likely (if not more so) for a great defensive team to do the same while rarely blowing any teams away on the scoreboard.

There's more than one way to skin a Lombardi.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #641
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess some people cannot let go. Tebowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #642
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We invested a lot more in Brock than the Jets did in Tebow. I guess Manning better start looking over his shoulder.
So by your standard Osweiler isn't the QB of the future here then, right? I mean, only spent a second on him and we aren't letting him compete now, so he's obviously just a stopgap right?

Again, how much did the 49ers invest in Steve Young? He ended up taking a Hall of Fame QB's job.

How much did the Bills invest in Flutie versus Rob Johnson? Who eventually took over there?

Who was Arizona more invested in, Warner or Leinart? Who QB'ed them in the Super Bowl?

Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives). The real value of an asset can often outstrip it's market value, or vice versa (look at the Facebook IPO compared to current market value, early market was too high, it has now begun correction).

When NFL players vote a guy to be a top 100 player in the league it is pretty hard to argue that he is only worth a 4th round pick and will never amount to anything. Players know how dynamic a talent Tebow is, the real question is what role and for what team he finds his niche.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #643
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Jets got a 6th round pick out of a guy that was on the team a week. I think they made out OK.
The Jets swapped a 7th for a 6th and ate Drew Stanton's $500K signing bonus. Calling that a wash for the Jets when said $500K bonus could have signed two UDFAs of comparable talent to the guys available in the 6th and 7th rounds is being generous.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #644
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So by your standard Osweiler isn't the QB of the future here then, right? I mean, only spent a second on him and we aren't letting him compete now, so he's obviously just a stopgap right?

Again, how much did the 49ers invest in Steve Young? He ended up taking a Hall of Fame QB's job.

How much did the Bills invest in Flutie versus Rob Johnson? Who eventually took over there?

Who was Arizona more invested in, Warner or Leinart? Who QB'ed them in the Super Bowl?

Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives). The real value of an asset can often outstrip it's market value, or vice versa (look at the Facebook IPO compared to current market value, early market was too high, it has now begun correction).

When NFL players vote a guy to be a top 100 player in the league it is pretty hard to argue that he is only worth a 4th round pick and will never amount to anything. Players know how dynamic a talent Tebow is, the real question is what role and for what team he finds his niche.
the market for tebow was destroyed by what teams saw on the field from tebow.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #645
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wow, the definition of "competition" sure has changed since last offseason.
Lol. Right. This place is hilarious. Cutler sux he isnt plummer and doesnt have the beard. Oh wait cutler is starting. Cutler is AWESOME. Oh wait we traded cutler? **** that guy. This orton guy is okay...wait now he sucks. Too bad we don't have a qb to compete. Oh wait who is this tebow guy? He suck an will nv see the field. Oh wait... he's on the field and were winning. Too bad he is a horrible passer and leader and will nv accomplish anything in nfl. Oh wait... were in the playoffs!!! Woo. Too bad we are playing the best run d an that's all tebow can do? We are dooooommmmeeddd. Oh wait this kid can throw too!! Yay first playoff win in 7 yrs. This guy is awesome. Oh wait we traded him? **** that guy he was a pos.

Same goes in political forum here. Mccain is awesome.. **** that guy. Santorum is awesome... **** that guy. Romney is awesome because he isn't obama. Obama is awesome cause he has a d next to his name.

This place is a joke cause most everyone here is do not question the front office... do no question the establishment.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #646
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Now you're on a different argument (current competition vs potential distant future starter). Let's try to stick with one at a time.

Quote:
So Young was taking snaps on the punt team after SF signed him?

Quote:
Same here.

Quote:
Same here.

Quote:
Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives).
No. As was pointed out above, his performance and how it translated to other team's systems killed his market.

If so much as two teams wanted him to be their starting QB, then the market would've been exponentially stronger and would've resulted in a bidding war. That didn't happen. Nobody was willing to call him a starting QB.

Quote:
Big difference between being named a top 100 player and being named a top 10 QB. We're arguing his potential as a franchise QB in this league. Right now, all 32 teams in the league prefer the QB they already have on their rosters to him.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #647
Drunken.Broncoholic

I've sent my resume a couple times over the last 5 years for the GM position. I really thought they would take a long look at it. They never gave me a response. So I FedExed a turd to them.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #648
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
This place is a joke cause most everyone here is do not question the front office... do no question the establishment.
1. If this place is such a joke to you, then leave. Nobody's forcing you to post here.

2. This statement couldn't be more false. PRETTY MUCH ALL WE DO HERE is question and find fault with the decisions Bowlen and Co. make.

Name one decision this board was 100% in agreement with.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #649
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
Lol. Right. This place is hilarious. Cutler sux he isnt plummer and doesnt have the beard. Oh wait cutler is starting. Cutler is AWESOME. Oh wait we traded cutler? **** that guy. This orton guy is okay...wait now he sucks. Too bad we don't have a qb to compete. Oh wait who is this tebow guy? He suck an will nv see the field. Oh wait... he's on the field and were winning. Too bad he is a horrible passer and leader and will nv accomplish anything in nfl. Oh wait... were in the playoffs!!! Woo. Too bad we are playing the best run d an that's all tebow can do? We are dooooommmmeeddd. Oh wait this kid can throw too!! Yay first playoff win in 7 yrs. This guy is awesome. Oh wait we traded him? **** that guy he was a pos.

Same goes in political forum here. Mccain is awesome.. **** that guy. Santorum is awesome... **** that guy. Romney is awesome because he isn't obama. Obama is awesome cause he has a d next to his name.

Yeah this would be right if a ton of people didn't hate Tebow while he was starting. This didn't just start when Denver traded him lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #650
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
1. If this place is such a joke to you, then leave. Nobody's forcing you to post here.

2. This statement couldn't be more false. PRETTY MUCH ALL WE DO HERE is question and find fault with the decisions Bowlen and Co. make.

Name one decision this board was 100% in agreement with.
That you never should have been banned.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote