The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #601
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
No, you clearly stated two completely different things. I didn't have to add any spin. Also, Jerry Rice? So you want to put people like Lloyd, Decker, DT Royal, Willis etc in the same sentence? I'll give you two names of WR who were not all about their stats, Rod Smith, Edie Mac. Now granted, these guys didn't have the current Tebow throwing to them, but Rod Smith esp, was a WR who didn't care about stats, but just wanted to do what he was asked to do to keep a spot on the roster. (His words btw)

You see Blue, there are players out there who just really love the game for what it is. There are more of these types of guys than there are your Jerry Rice, T. Owens, Randy Moss, etc.

But anyway, this is a stupid discussion now. So I'm just going to leave it at that. It's nothing more than a back and forth with no ending.
Then by mutual agreement, you & I can move on to "our WRs + Manning" rather than useless haranguing over the past. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how that turns out (and I know you are too).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #602
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Then by mutual agreement, you & I can move on to "our WRs + Manning" rather than useless haranguing over the past. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how that turns out (and I know you are too).
Fine by me. I look back over this thread and wonder just what in the hell we are trying to argue here. Perhaps maybe moving this thread somewhere else would be a good idea?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #603
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Fine by me. I look back over this thread and wonder just what in the hell we are trying to argue here. Perhaps maybe moving this thread somewhere else would be a good idea?
If we all agreed it would look like vanilla in here.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #604
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If we all agreed it would look like vanilla in here.
Sorry but I can't agree with that.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #605
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No because if McCoy called even 3 runs in a row on first down, Peyton Manning would call time out, walk straight over to Mike, grab his headset, throw it to the ground, stomp on it, and then b**** slap him in the face.

and deservedly so....making Peyton hand off or run the option is about as stupid as having Barry bonds bunt....

But ultimately I think you're missing the main point which is by simple definition, a game plan that can't make a receiver look good can't make the QB throwing the ball look good either.

No, you're missing the point...our QB's lack of prowess in the passing game is why the gameplan was so bland last season....But please keep trying to defelect the root of the problem onto the coaching staff and the WR's, and keep ignoring the gushing, glowing reports of how happy our WR's are since Manning signed.

in bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #606
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
In the meantime I've been proven wrong.
..well that's par for the course.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #607
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Ahh, so where a WR would look better with more reps, a QB would look worse. Even though the performance of both are inextricably linked.

Makes sense. So long as there's a dude named Tebow involved, anyway.
Well name us another QB not named Tebow that ran a rudimentary limited passing attack?

Dalton was rookie...but because he showed he could makes most of his throws accurately he was allowed to throw the ball 20-30 times per game consistently...ditto for Ponder...and Newton. The Broncos looked like the '72-'73 Dolphins in the SB games where Bob Griese attempted only 18 passes in both SB's combined
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #608
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I guess to reduce this down, what you must be saying is

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

When it comes to throwing an accurate pass consistently?

Regardless of how their careers end up....some guys have stronger arms than others....some guys are better runners than others....some guys are more accurate than others....some guys read defenses better than others.

Saying Orton threw a more accurate pass doesn't equal saying he shouldn't have been benched. Nobody throws harder than Cutler....but it doesn't mean he's better than rodgers, brees, brady or either manning...it just means he throws harder than they do. Just as Orton consistently throws a more accurate pass than Tebow does....then again who doesn't?

Last edited by errand; 05-30-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #609
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So True or False

The 2011 Denver Broncos go to the playoffs if Kyle Orton starts 16 games.

Oh, and you're welcome TGN.
Well since most of you clowns said we'd go 8-8 with Orton...and 8-8 is what we ended up with, and we did win the division...the answer is yes.

All kidding aside you don't know if we wouldn't have anymore than i know we would have. Sure Tebow helped us win 7 of 8 at one point...but he also went 0-3 down the stretch....so he showed he too was capable of ****ting the bed just as much as Kyle did....and keep in mind we won 6 in a row with kyle before, so it is possible we could've done it again...who knows?

Let's for arguments sake say we get blown out by NE, GB, and Detroit regardless of who started the game....they're just that much better than we are.

Do you really think we only only score 3 points with Orton as our starter vs KC?

Do you honestly think we'd have trailed Miami 15-0 with 4 minutes to go if Orton started that game?

Do you honestly think we trail the Bears 10-0 with a few minutes left if Orton started?

Do you honestly think we don't score more than 17 vs. Jets when the defense and ST's set us up at or near midfield virtually all game if Orton plays? He completes 2-3 dink/dunk passes and we're inside Prater's range....guaranteed.

Sure you can argue that Orton doesn't pull those close games out....but one could also argue that we aren't even trailing the dolphins, Jets, Chargers, or Bears with a few minutes left where a miracle comeback is needed had Orton started...and he definitely wouldn't have lost a home game this year where our defense held an opponent to 7 measly points....if you don't believe me , look up the box score for the final regular season home game
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #610
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Probably negative -- you make a good point. We can't assume that what we see from this point forward from Tebow (development wise) is what we would have seen had he remained the presumptive starter for the Broncos. Noted.

A lack of reps can arguably hinder a QB's development...but was it intentional by the coaching staff to sabotage the QB as one side of the argument has claimed? Or was it because they saw that he wasn't very good at throwing and decided they would just play to his strengths?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #611
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Your boy Kyle was 6 for 13 with 0 TD's and an INT against Phyllis last year. QB Rating of 21.

Anyway, were you going to answer the question?
Kind of ironic, cuz your boy Timmy was 6-22 for 60 yards and evidamndently 0 TD's and an INT and fumble lost vs Kyle this past season
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #612
BroncoBeavis

Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

That's got to be some kind of record.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #613
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

Tell us about how great Tebow is.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #614
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well since most of you clowns said we'd go 8-8 with Orton...and 8-8 is what we ended up with, and we did win the division...the answer is yes.

All kidding aside you don't know if we wouldn't have anymore than i know we would have. Sure Tebow helped us win 7 of 8 at one point...but he also went 0-3 down the stretch....so he showed he too was capable of ****ting the bed just as much as Kyle did....and keep in mind we won 6 in a row with kyle before, so it is possible we could've done it again...who knows?

Let's for arguments sake say we get blown out by NE, GB, and Detroit regardless of who started the game....they're just that much better than we are.

Do you really think we only only score 3 points with Orton as our starter vs KC?

Do you honestly think we'd have trailed Miami 15-0 with 4 minutes to go if Orton started that game?

Do you honestly think we trail the Bears 10-0 with a few minutes left if Orton started?

Do you honestly think we don't score more than 17 vs. Jets when the defense and ST's set us up at or near midfield virtually all game if Orton plays? He completes 2-3 dink/dunk passes and we're inside Prater's range....guaranteed.

Sure you can argue that Orton doesn't pull those close games out....but one could also argue that we aren't even trailing the dolphins, Jets, Chargers, or Bears with a few minutes left where a miracle comeback is needed had Orton started...and he definitely wouldn't have lost a home game this year where our defense held an opponent to 7 measly points....if you don't believe me , look up the box score for the final regular season home game
I have suspected after going 1 - 4 with Orton, Elway started Tebow fully expecting to "Suck for Luck". You could see it in his body language when Tebow would pull one out of the fire, especially early on. If you read Elway's face it said Shiit Tebow you are not supposed to win.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #615
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
I don't know about all around "great", but he was certainly exciting and there was a certain magic about him, too. His run was easily the most enjoyable time alot of fans have had in the post-Shanny era. He's got some serious flaws, but I wish him well and hope for all the best for him. With more hard work, he will get better and better.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #616
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

Add in the 9 consecutive positive reps I got from 2 of those 7 and I guess you could say it was an enjoyable 7 post streak
Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #617
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Add in the 9 consecutive positive reps I got from 2 of those 7 and I guess you could say it was an enjoyable 7 post streak
but then you lost the last 3 with neg rep.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #618
Jay3

Quote:
Well name us another QB not named Tebow that ran a rudimentary limited passing attack?

Dalton was rookie...but because he showed he could makes most of his throws accurately he was allowed to throw the ball 20-30 times per game consistently...ditto for Ponder...and Newton. The Broncos looked like the '72-'73 Dolphins in the SB games where Bob Griese attempted only 18 passes in both SB's combined
It was virtually the same passing attack the Broncos have had for years, installed under Josh McD. I know people like you think the Broncos installed a new passing offense in two days of practice, but that's not what happened. It's not possible, and McCoy repeatedly said that the basic offense (particularly the passing plays) were the same.

Secondly, it is a fact that Newton and Dalton ran a slimmed down playbook, because they were rookies and there was a lockout. There has been much commentary about how the lockout may have forced the OC's to do what they should do with rookies anyway -- simplify, reduce the number of words and calls, and build gradually.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 AM   #619
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Great size, great quickness, great play-making instincts. Great NFL arm. Great attitude, great work ethic. Great desire to win and compete for 60 minutes. Great calm under pressure.

He'll continue to improve his footwork. His arm motion will become at least as compact as Kerry Collins'.

He'll end up a franchise quarterback.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #620
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Great size, great quickness, great play-making instincts. Great NFL arm. Great attitude, great work ethic. Great desire to win and compete for 60 minutes. Great calm under pressure.

He'll continue to improve his footwork. His arm motion will become at least as compact as Kerry Collins'.

Where did you buy your crystal ball? I've been thinking of picking one up.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #621
lolcopter

Can this be moved to other teams subforum or something because this is ridiculous
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #622
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

Odd then that, when given the opportunity to sign said "franchise quarterback" this past offseason, not one team was willing to give up anything better than the crap low round picks we got for him. And the one team that did sign him has zero interest in making him their QB.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #623
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Can this be moved to other teams subforum or something because this is ridiculous
whats wrong with one Tebow thread?

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #624
BroncoBeavis

Originally Posted by errand

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
but then you lost the last 3 with neg rep.
It's just good to see his necrologically challenged wife is back to posting again.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 05-31-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #625
BroncoBeavis

I love that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost because they were playing a Cover-0 prevent.