The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #501
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
He did not say so. Lloyd asked to be traded when Orton was still the starter. It was a result of his failure to reach agreement on a contract.

But this legend lives on because it seems to fit so well to some people.
What he told me at the tavern when he was on infinity live is totally different than what he says in public
He needed to catch passes to get his next contract and didn't like the tebow offense he loved playing w orton
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #502
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Too bad he couldn't have just left it at those first 5 words. Nope, we heard more of this type of stuff from him untill he decided to grace us with his absense.
I agree that no true fan should ever wish a player on his favorite team to get injured....

Having said that, it was your side of the aisle that defended other clowns on here that advocated taking a crowbar to Orton's knees and head...even going as far as using a crowbar for their avatar....and your side also defended poster that suggested a hypothetical scenario where Fox and Elway died in a plane crash, and that the franchise would be so much better without them.....

not saying TGN's take on wishing Tebow got hurt instead of Kuper, but I've heard worse **** said about other marginal players. Not to mention the amount of venom you clowns have attacked dissenters with...

I submit to you that the team, the FO, and alot of fans think the franchise is better off with the roster we have right now
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #503
lolcopter

lol ya think?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #504
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

Even Royal wanted out and got his wish according to DJ's twitter
You just know Eddie went "Doh!" as soon as he left and the Broncos signed Manning.....
Old 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #505
lolcopter

Eddie sucks and there was no way they were resigning him unless he took a huge cut

Last edited by lolcopter; 05-29-2012 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: compared to other offers
Old 05-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #506
Stuck in Cali

I wish Tebow the best. But am sure glad he is not a Bronco. Having Manning join us even if he never plays a snap we are still better off, in my opinion.

For how nice of a person he seems to be and how the media portrays him you would think he is the one person you would want on your team. Too bad all the hype/circus that surrounds him is just too much of a distraction, again my opinion.

The type of offence he is suited for can't and will not last long term in the NFL. We started the season 1-4 then had a 7-1 stretch, followed by a 0-3 record when the division was on the line. Went to the 3rd round of tie breakers to even allow us to make the playoffs.

In my opinion, in all the wins with him as a starter we got some luck with the other teams making mistakes at the right time for us to comeback and win the game. Now don't get me wrong most times in life we all say I would rather be lucky than good, but it doesn't pan out that well in the NFL.

Does Tebow suck, that for others to debate. I am just happy to be rid of him in the Orange and Blue.

Now back to your regular programming.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #507
poloaa009

He can't seem to get back in the saddle after that last loss.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #508
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There are really still Broncos fans that treat Tebow better than Elway?

Good lord you people are stupid...
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #509
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I agree that no true fan should ever wish a player on his favorite team to get injured....

Having said that, it was your side of the aisle that defended other clowns on here that advocated taking a crowbar to Orton's knees and head...even going as far as using a crowbar for their avatar....and your side also defended poster that suggested a hypothetical scenario where Fox and Elway died in a plane crash, and that the franchise would be so much better without them.....

not saying TGN's take on wishing Tebow got hurt instead of Kuper, but I've heard worse **** said about other marginal players. Not to mention the amount of venom you clowns have attacked dissenters with...

I submit to you that the team, the FO, and alot of fans think the franchise is better off with the roster we have right now

What is this 'my side' BS you're talking about? I didn't have a side. I was for Tebow while he was the starter, and wanted nothing more than for him and the TEAM to succeed. I defended Tebow like any fan last season probably should have since we had no other player to turn to.

Now Tebow is gone. Did I want him to stay and back up Manning? Well yeah, I thought he would be the better backup. But he's gone. Oh well, I'll continue to support the starting QB until he shows that he shouldn't be starting anymore, and I'll allways support the team, no matter who the coaches decide to throw out there.

So take that 'my side' and shove it straight up your poop stink.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #510
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Looking at it purely from a WR's perspective... because the coaches were more likely to call a running play than a passing play with Tebow as the starter, WR numbers were going to drop as their roles shifted to "run blocker". As is true of any player on the field, accolades such as being voted into the Pro Bowl do depend on the numbers. Face it; WRs who played most of their careers with QBs like Dan Marino or Drew Brees are going to have far better odds of making it to Canton than... say...Trent Dilfer's or Matt Cassel's WRs. Which brings the "Captain Obvious" observation that... of course our WRs are delighted at the opportunity to play with a QB the caliber of Manning.

So you're saying that our WRs, and the NFLs WRs in general are all about the stats and getting into Canton rather than the success of the team first? The team is winning and makes the playoffs, but the WRs only see their own stats just so they can get to the pro bowl and Canton?

That pretty seems to be what you are saying, which I call BS on about 75% of the WRs in the NFL.

And if those are the kind of WRs that we have in Denver, then we probably won't have them for long regardless since they aren't playing for the team, but only for themselves.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #511
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
Having Manning join us even if he never plays a snap we are still better off, in my opinion.
Last seasons playoff win just called and said hello.

If you seriously think that the QBs we have now would be better than say if Tebow was the backup, and got an entire offseason of work in as a QB, well, you're just plum dumb.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #512
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Last seasons playoff win just called and said hello.

If you seriously think that the QBs we have now would be better than say if Tebow was the backup, and got an entire offseason of work in as a QB, well, you're just plum dumb.
If they ran the same offense as last year? Sure. But I cringe at the thought of tebow trying to run the offense that is being developed right now.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #513
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If they ran the same offense as last year? Sure. But I cringe at the thought of tebow trying to run the offense that is being developed right now.
Well we really don't know what that offense is until we see it no don't we? But it's Mannings offense, so no, I don't think our current staff would be smart enough to install a Manning offense without having Manning, so we wouldn't be running anything like it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #514
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
So you're saying that our WRs, and the NFLs WRs in general are all about the stats and getting into Canton rather than the success of the team first? The team is winning and makes the playoffs, but the WRs only see their own stats just so they can get to the pro bowl and Canton?

That pretty seems to be what you are saying, which I call BS on about 75% of the WRs in the NFL.

And if those are the kind of WRs that we have in Denver, then we probably won't have them for long regardless since they aren't playing for the team, but only for themselves.
I said what I meant to say... that the numbers are important to WR careers just as they are to RB and QB careers ("NFL" stands for "not for long" for any player with lower-than-average numbers). And that our WRs will likely have far better numbers with Manning throwing the football than with Tebow.

There's no professional athlete out there who cares nothing whatsoever about his own individual performance on the field; they all want to do their personal best for the team & their teammates and for their families and for themselves as the return for all the work they do to be in the best possible physical condition.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #515
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Yeah, like this gem of an opinion of his.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...90#post3442290

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.
Well that was a poor choice, my guess was he was trying to yank someones chain and given the roasting be was getting at the time that is an understandable reaction.

This Tebow thing and TGN is an issue that went further than maybe it should have.

I don't know how long you've been here but just would like to point out TGN has been one of the very best posters here for years and years, with me that buys latitude.

Hate to see him go over a silly thing like this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #516
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well we really don't know what that offense is until we see it no don't we? But it's Mannings offense, so no, I don't think our current staff would be smart enough to install a Manning offense without having Manning, so we wouldn't be running anything like it.
Well whatever offense is being cooked up at Dove Valley, I'll guarandamntee you it doesn't include only 8 passes per game.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #517
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
This is hilarious revisionism. TGN turned into one of the most hateful, resentful and disgruntled whiners on the entire board over the Tebow debacle. Every post he made for more than a year was somehow laced with anger over the QB position, regardless of the thread topic. It was pathetic, annoying and distracting for the entire board. I don't remember him being anything but a regular fan pre-Tebow, but over the past two years he was nothing short of a misanthrope who diverted discussion and stubbornly pushed his opinion nonstop every bit as much as the Tebow fanboys he complained about.

A lot of people disagreed over Tebow, and most of them didn't turn into bitter objectors filling the forum with negativity.
The forum has been quite poisoned for some years now relative to the first many years here. What I wonder is if this board is a reasonable reflection of the mind set of the nation in general(Generally souring).

TGN is a very small piece of this poison but he is also a great poster with years of good stuff so there is that.

Last edited by baja; 05-29-2012 at 10:58 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #518
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Tebow still has a lot to prove. He has the skills, but inconsistent, and that's what scares GM's.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #519
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
There's no professional athlete out there who cares nothing whatsoever about his own individual performance on the field; they all want to do their personal best for the team & their teammates and for their families and for themselves as the return for all the work they do to be in the best possible physical condition.
Well that's a little bit different than what you said earlier. First it was all about thier stats so they can get pro bowls and into Canton, now it's about the team, their family and making the most money they can before they are no longer an asset to the NFL. Gotcha.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #520
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't know how long you've been here but just would like to point out TGN has been one of the very best posters here for years and years, with me that buys latitude.

Hate to see him go over a silly thing like this.
Well it says I've been here since 2003. So I guess I've been here for a pretty damn good bit. And I use to not have a problem with TGN, not one. But the last couple years, he has been nothing short of a dumbass.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #521
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well it says I've been here since 2003. So I guess I've been here for a pretty damn good bit. And I use to not have a problem with TGN, not one. But the last couple years, he has been nothing short of a dumbass.
so,when he started pointing out the obvious flaws in tebow,which messed with your "tebow is the messiah" image. he was a dumbass.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #522
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
so,when he started pointing out the obvious flaws in tebow,which messed with your "tebow is the messiah" image. he was a dumbass.
Ok, and another idiot chimes in. Please show me anywhere where I try to show Tebow as a messiah. Come on, I'll wait.

Geez, reading comprehension is lost on some folks these days.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #523
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He hated tebow because he was a christian. Thats as lame as it gets.and I'm a jew.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #524
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
He hated tebow because he was a christian. Thats as lame as it gets.and I'm a jew.
I think his Christianity was an additional thorn in his side, not because of the religion itself, but because so many of Tebow's fans were only fans BECAUSE of the religion issue, and not because of what he could actually do on the field.

It did actually get pretty ridiculous.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #525
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Ok, and another idiot chimes in. Please show me anywhere where I try to show Tebow as a messiah. Come on, I'll wait.

Geez, reading comprehension is lost on some folks these days.
On average, the hard-on-erry I've seen from the Brock suckers has far surpassed the kind of hopefulness that most "Teboners" voiced.