The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #451
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
you're love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.
Attachment 30950
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #452
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Eric Decker:

On if there’s any sense of relief that the Tim Tebow circus is gone now:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...eyton-manning/
Gee if a messagebaord has the Tebow circus on a daily basis I guess it not out of the question to assume the players have to deal with it as well
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #453
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Yet Tebow still rules the Orange mane.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #454
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Eric Decker:

On if there’s any sense of relief that the Tim Tebow circus is gone now:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...eyton-manning/
How can the focus be on football when every single reporter that shows up to interview the players continuously ask questions about Tebow? Then the player says that it's nice to not have to deal with the Tebow stuff. Hello McFly!!

But anyway, nice to see this thread is still kicking.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #455
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I just for the life of me don't understand...
Have you picked up on the theme that the Broncos players seem to be happy that Tebow isn't around any more? Sure, Tebow questions are still going to come up. But the media focus around the Broncos isn't about Tebow any more. It's about football. Check out the BS that's already going on in NY:

The tale of two New York football teams took an interesting turn on Thursday. The Giants and Jets held Organized Team Activity practices that day.

The Giants, the defending Super Bowl champions, were beginning to adjust to life without their third receiver, Mario Manningham, who left for San Francisco in free agency. In the morning workout, top wide receiver Hakeem Nicks went down with a broken bone in his foot. The Giants announced he would be out for as long as 12 weeks, which is dangerously close to the Sept. 5 season opener. Nicks is one of the Giants' eight or 10 most important players. A broken foot for a man who cuts and torques as much as an NFL wide receiver does ... dangerous.

The Jets, coming off a season in which they didn't make the playoffs, had Tim Tebow in practice for the first time he could be viewed in action by the media. Tebow is the backup quarterback to Mark Sanchez, but with the charisma Tebow has and the way Sanchez struggled last year, it could be a matter of time before Tebow challenges the incumbent. But no one in Jetland was giving any final quarterback grades eight weeks before training camp began. Tebow threw two interceptions early in the workout, and observers thought Sanchez was clearly the better quarterback on Thursday.

I charted the coverage given the two events in the five major local papers Friday -- the New York Times, Newsday, the New York Post, the New York Daily News and the (Bergen, N.J.) Record. You can predict the outcome.

Words devoted by the five major dailies to the Super Bowl champions losing their number one receiver, possibly for all of the offseason training and training camp, and perhaps threatening the start of his season: 2,104.

Words devoted by the five major dailies to Tebow's first practice visible to the media: 6,971.

So 23 percent of the football writing in Friday's papers in greater New York was devoted to a serious injury to a top player on the defending Super Bowl champions.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1wH7sttrE
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #456
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

I've never understood all the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" attitude when the Broncos lost their ass for years before, and had a historic winning streak. It's totally foreseeable that there would be a taste of "circus" when that happens.

Quote:

I've been following the NFL since the 70's, and I'm usually unlucky with my teams (Falcons kid, adrift since). I don't remember ever winning 7 weeks straight before.
It was 6, not 7. And you have to go all the way back in history to 2009 to find the Broncos last 6 game winning streak.

There was nothing historic about it. It was fun as hell, but not historic.

Last edited by HAT; 05-29-2012 at 10:08 AM..
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #457
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
It was 6, not 7. And you have to go all the way back in history to 2009 to find the Broncos last 6 game winning streak.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #458
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I think a bunch of you here owe TailgateNut an apology. He is a long time Bronco fan that has hosted tailgate parties year after year always refusing donations preferring to foot the cost himself. He expressed his dislike for Tebow as our QB and was called a BAD FAN. Most of the yahoos condemning him probably never even went to a game or never followed the Broncos pre Tebow. He was one of the best posters here yet he was crucified by the jonny come latelys. Hopefully most of you have left for Jets boards and will plague real Jet's fans with your insane adoration for one single player in a sport where it takes 22 to play the game effectively.

Those of you that are still here time it's to eat crow and apologize to TGN
Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #459
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think a bunch of you here owe TailgateNut an apology. He is a long time Bronco fan that has hosted tailgate parties year after year always refusing donations preferring to foot the cost himself. He expressed his dislike for Tebow as our QB and was called a BAD FAN. Most of the yahoos condemning him probably never even went to a game or never followed the Broncos pre Tebow. He was one of the best posters here yet he was crucified by the jonny come latelys. Hopefully most of you have left for Jets boards and will plague real Jet's fans with your insane adoration for one single player in a sport where it takes 22 to play the game effectively.

nahh, he had it coming. He had a a problem with fans cheering for tebow.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #460
Jay3

Quote:
Have you picked up on the theme that the Broncos players seem to be happy that Tebow isn't around any more?
No.

It seems like they're glad to have Peyton Manning, which is an entirely different thing.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #461
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post

I wasn't rooting for the Broncos then, but I remember that streak -- it was a big deal. I was amazed that Josh McD was having such early success.

I don't consider it a run-of-the-mill thing.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #462
Jay3

Quote:

It's not time at all. This thing is far from over.

Getting Peyton Manning was a no-brainer to me. He's a great quarterback. But the idea that the book is shut on Tebow? Not by a long shot.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #463
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Hey, good point. Next time TGN Neg Reps me for not joining in the continual Teebhate circlejerks around here, I'll make sure to 'pologize.

Oh, and I love people pretending to know who the 'real' Broncos fans are. There's a major contingent of real long-term Bronco fans out there who are pretty skeptical about this whole experiment.

Pretty ridiculous to call them out, saying they're not real fans just because they don't agree with you.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #464
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
It's not time at all. This thing is far from over.

Getting Peyton Manning was a no-brainer to me. He's a great quarterback. But the idea that the book is shut on Tebow? Not by a long shot.
It is for the Broncos unless you think he is coming back.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #465
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I wasn't rooting for the Broncos then...
You weren't rooting for the Broncos in 2009? What caused you to suddenly become a fan? And if it was Tebow, are you staying?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #466
Jay3

Quote:
You weren't rooting for the Broncos in 2009? What caused you to suddenly become a fan? And if it was Tebow, are you staying?
I'm a disclosed Tebow follower -- been through the story so many times I won't repeat it here.

As to whether I'm "staying," this is the most fascinating development I've ever seen. Manning used to be one of my favorite players, and it kind of waned over the past few years. So I'll be following everything. But geniunely, it's mixed feelings. I won't be antagonistic or trolling, but I can't help but watch with anticipation and interest, whether the Broncos win, lose, or meh.

P.S. Don't anybody else bother with more or of the "I knew they would leave us" talk about the "real" fans directed towards me. You have no idea how pathetic it sounds from my vantage point. I've been polite the whole time, no interest in setting anyone straight, but it has been comical to watch.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #467
Jay3

Quote:
It is for the Broncos unless you think he is coming back.
He's not coming back, but (1) the news will continue to be reported here, and discussed here, no matter what happens. If Tebow fails, there will be rejoicing. If he succeeds, there will be people trying to rub your nose in it; and (2) the point on the table was whether it was time to "apologize" to Tailgate Nut for "being right." I still think Tebow would have continued to win as a quarterback with the Broncos -- history just stepped in in the form of Peyton Manning.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #468
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

I agree but he did rile up alot of feathers
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #469
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey, good point. Next time TGN Neg Reps me for not joining in the continual Teebhate circlejerks around here, I'll make sure to 'pologize.

Oh, and I love people pretending to know who the 'real' Broncos fans are. There's a major contingent of real long-term Bronco fans out there who are pretty skeptical about this whole experiment.

Pretty ridiculous to call them out, saying they're not real fans just because they don't agree with you.
Yeah, like you got room to talk about neg repping others that disagree with others...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #470
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
He's not coming back, but (1) the news will continue to be reported here, and discussed here, no matter what happens. If Tebow fails, there will be rejoicing. If he succeeds, there will be people trying to rub your nose in it; and (2) the point on the table was whether it was time to "apologize" to Tailgate Nut for "being right." I still think Tebow would have continued to win as a quarterback with the Broncos -- history just stepped in in the form of Peyton Manning.
1.true for some. Most here like Tebow but understand the Broncos wanted to go in another direction, Peyton Manning direction. Likewise most here want Tebow to fulfill his dream.

2. The apology to TGN is not because he was right it's because the FO agrees with him in that Tim was not sufficiently developed for the FO to hang the future of the Broncos on. It's about the degree to which he was attacked. He is a 30 year fan and should have been allowed to have his opinion on Tebow's value to the Broncos. I love TT but I'm glad he is gone, the board is so much better these days (this thread excepted) or haven't you noticed?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #471
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Robert Ayers?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #472
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
He is a 30 year fan and should have been allowed to have his opinion on Tebow's value to the Broncos.
Yeah, like this gem of an opinion of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut
Too bad Kuper got hurt instead of Timmy! We lost a viable player instead of a waste of roster space.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...90#post3442290

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #473
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.
.do I defend a 30 yr fan or some fairweather fan that came on only because of tebow?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #474
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

The first 5 words of each sentence of that TGN quote are right on the money. Kuper's a very valuable part of the offense and it was horrible that he was injured.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #475
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The first 5 words of each sentence of that TGN quote are right on the money.
Too bad he couldn't have just left it at those first 5 words. Nope, we heard more of this type of stuff from him untill he decided to grace us with his absense.