The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #426
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,328
Default

I don't know if Tebow will succeed or not but I think Mark Sanchez will fold up like a bad lawn chair this season and Tebow will be the starter at some point. What he does with the opportunity is totally on him
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #427
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I don't know if Tebow will succeed or not but I think Mark Sanchez will fold up like a bad lawn chair this season and Tebow will be the starter at some point. What he does with the opportunity is totally on him
Sanchez is at least as good as Orton, and Sanchez is surrounded by a better team than the Orton Broncos, so Sanchez could be much more serviceable and even good.

We may be in for a tandem, where Tebow is truly the Brad Smith role (and I think the Jets will be a contending caliber team). The real fun may begin when Tebow's had a couple more years of development.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #428
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=38998 Enjoy! Your only football talk is TT. Rest is politics and other garbage. Don't hide from the truth your a TT fan not a bronco fan.
Your link works about as well as your logic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #429
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Our once proud franchise has become a joke and laughing stock of the league. Wr are on the levels of the Bengals, browns, bills, KC: and previous Oakland raiders. Until we get a competent owner and management this ship won't get fixed.
-September, 2011

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #430
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
-September, 2011

It was true. Maybe not about Bowlen but we needed Elway to step in and get a legit QB and guess what he did. Still alot needs to be proved. Took you long enough to come up with something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #431
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Sanchez is at least as good as Orton, and Sanchez is surrounded by a better team than the Orton Broncos, so Sanchez could be much more serviceable and even good.

We may be in for a tandem, where Tebow is truly the Brad Smith role (and I think the Jets will be a contending caliber team). The real fun may begin when Tebow's had a couple more years of development.
Yeah, but if Mark plays better than he has, and the Jets are comfortable with him as their "franchise QB", how is Tebow going to develop enough to become what his adoring fans think he already is?

right now, he'll play sparingly as far as throwing the ball is concerned....and become primarily a runner....which is his strength, no doubt.....but like you guys have crowed, he'll never get better if he doesn't actually get to play QB, now will he?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #432
lod01
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Tebow sucks and sucked the big one. All you tebowners, look at ya now.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #433
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, but if Mark plays better than he has, and the Jets are comfortable with him as their "franchise QB", how is Tebow going to develop enough to become what his adoring fans think he already is?

right now, he'll play sparingly as far as throwing the ball is concerned....and become primarily a runner....which is his strength, no doubt.....but like you guys have crowed, he'll never get better if he doesn't actually get to play QB, now will he?
If Sanchez plays better & has a very good yr. tebow gets cut next yr. jets aren't going to pay tebow & pay sanchez.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #434
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
If Sanchez plays better & has a very good yr. tebow gets cut next yr. jets aren't going to pay tebow & pay sanchez.
When we advanced Tebows bonus his contract became next to nothing.

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/03/25/...tract-details/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #435
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,328
Default

So I'm wondering will team take cheap shots at Tebow on the punt team. Odds are you won't block a punt but you can put a hurt on the backup QB I'm guessing the NFL is ruthless like that
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #436
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So I'm wondering will team take cheap shots at Tebow on the punt team. Odds are you won't block a punt but you can put a hurt on the backup QB I'm guessing the NFL is ruthless like that
I doubt it,he didn't get any cheap shots as a starting QB.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #437
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
If Sanchez plays better & has a very good yr. tebow gets cut next yr. jets aren't going to pay tebow & pay sanchez.
I think they ask him to switch positions if this happens. They already have asked him to do punt formations, if Sanchez plays up to his contract expectations tebow IMO would have a choice to make, switch positions or ask to be traded to a team that needs a QB
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #438
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Tebow sucks and sucked the big one. All you tebowners, look at ya now.
You are a good poster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #439
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I don't know if Tebow will succeed or not but I think Mark Sanchez will fold up like a bad lawn chair this season and Tebow will be the starter at some point. What he does with the opportunity is totally on him
he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #440
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.
your love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.

Last edited by peacepipe; 05-29-2012 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: grammar
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #441
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I've begun to sing the title of this thread to the tune of "Cleveland Rocks," that song that used to open the Drew Carey Show.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #442
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.
Enough with the stupidity.

If he was a good QB, we would have kept him. You don't trade a cash register like Tebow unless you think he can't play.

Elway (and the NFL) thinks he can't play QB. The fact that he barely was able to get rid of him for a 4th says it all.

You Tebow clowns are too funny
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #443
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Enough with the stupidity.

If he was a good QB, we would have kept him. You don't trade a cash register like Tebow unless you think he can't play.

Elway (and the NFL) thinks he can't play QB. The fact that he barely was able to get rid of him for a 4th says it all.

You Tebow clowns are too funny
I think you need to change your sig. Good ole Ben found a job as some type of assistant from the Tampa Bay Bucs. Josh through BB through Schiano would be my guess. A favor so to speak. Can't believe we had this guy coaching QBs. He was not qualified at the time having just come off a HS gig in 2008. I know he completed 9 passes at What the **** U. Another stupid move by Josh. I don't care what kind of power he yielded this was just pure lunacy
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #444
RedEyedJeti
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Who's Tebow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #445
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,779
Default

Eric Decker:

On if there’s any sense of relief that the Tim Tebow circus is gone now:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”


http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...eyton-manning/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #446
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Eric Decker:

On if there’s any sense of relief that the Tim Tebow circus is gone now:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”


http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...eyton-manning/
It will be refreshing to get the topic back on winning football games, instead of whatever it was about when the Broncos had a 7-1 winning streak last year.

I've never understood all the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" attitude when the Broncos lost their ass for years before, and had a historic winning streak. It's totally foreseeable that there would be a taste of "circus" when that happens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #447
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It will be refreshing to get the topic back on winning football games, instead of whatever it was about when the Broncos had a 7-1 winning streak last year.

I've never understood all the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" attitude when the Broncos lost their ass for years before, and had a historic winning streak. It's totally foreseeable that there would be a taste of "circus" when that happens.
You conveniently forget the 1-4 record to close the season, and that more than one person was responsible for the 7-1 streak.

But whatever. you can keep howling about Tebow. He's not coming back.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #448
capt. Jack
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I hope Tebow wipes a booger on Sanchez on national tv like Brunnel did !!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #449
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You conveniently forget the 1-4 record to close the season, and that more than one person was responsible for the 7-1 streak.

But whatever. you can keep howling about Tebow. He's not coming back.
No I don't forget. There was plenty of coverage of it. And that also was about "winning football games," as in, the absence of winning them.

I just for the life of me don't understand what the heck people are remembering when they think there was some sort of sideshow about something other than winning last year -- this team, and this coaching staff, did everything it could to win games. That was the whole focus, and was the whole result for seven straight weeks.

I've been following the NFL since the 70's, and I'm usually unlucky with my teams (Falcons kid, adrift since). I don't remember ever winning 7 weeks straight before.

So I don't get the "back to talking about winning football games" theory.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #450
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
you're love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.
Name:  your.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  33.2 KB
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Denver Broncos