The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Default Intrinsic Value of TT

Before I head out to do some New Year’s rocking, I thought I would drop a little nugget that my insider sources have divulged to me. As it can't wait...

Inside Dove Valley, the management of the Denver Broncos are doing what all successful businesses do, assessing the value of its assets particularity pegging the future values or intrinsic value of current assets and conducting a buy, sell, hold analysis for the next quarter. It is widely accepted within the building that Tebow has been extremely valuable to the franchise this year. He was by far the biggest, and most talked about story in the pro sports during the season, which has been highly profitable to the business of the Broncos. It is also, however, widely accepted that 10 games in, Tebow’s value to the franchise has exceeded his intrinsic value by almost 1000%. As we all know from the 2008 financial crisis, any company that allows the prevailing market price (present value) of their assets cloud their future value focus ultimately will be stuck holding the bag and eventually will collapse. The 7-2 record posted by the Broncos with Tim Tebow at QB has been a god send to the franchise. Tebow, who held virtually zero value at the end of training camp; now has temporary blotted value that the Broncos can realize by unloading Tebow this offseason before his intrinsic value eventually become priced in by the rest of the NFL – which is he can’t play QB in the league. Insiders have told me that a buy, sell, hold analysis presented to Mr. Elway and Pat Bowlen over 2 months ago assessed Tebow as a sell (trade now) as the window for receiving any value for him will quickly close. Elway is not on the Tebow train, he has simple been stoking the auction to trade him in the offseason. Right now, the organization has secretly devised a plan to trade Tebow in the offseason. A plan involving three teams. And if all goes well, Denver will get great value for Tebow and Tebow will end up with the Cleveland Browns.

Analysis:
Think about it, all season people have showing Elway through the games and commenting on how he isn’t sold on Tebow as a QB. Few weeks ago, Elway comes out and “embraces” Tebow and it hits the wires like wild fire. Do you really think that Denver would get any value out of Tebow if the league knew that Elway wasn’t a Tebow fan? Mr. Elway was a great football player, but he is also a business man. He has a degree in Economics from one of the premiere institutions in the world. He knows when sell and when to buy. And right Tebow will have no greater trade value to the franchise than he has right now. Win, lose, or draw tomorrow, the 7-2 record has inflated Tebow’s value and the Broncos are going to realize it by unloading him to a bagholder before all the questions about Tebow’s abilities have been answered and his stock falls to its true value, zero. Tebow is going to be traded in the offseason fellas. The Broncos are going to knowingly sell a worthless asset to another team at an inflated price. The media, the 7-2 record, and playoff contention has two or three teams out there in love with Tebow’s present value, which is right now at 1000% mark up of his future value. And that is how its done, sell high to the biggest dummy in the room, and survive.

Stay tuned for more insider information - And drink up, it’s a new year and the Broncos are on the rise!

God Bless John Elway!
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

My insiders say this is BS.

Carry on w/your daily lives. Nothing to see here.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I don't doubt that they don't like him, but its really a question of political capital. They are seriously lacking it...unless DEN/Tebow completely and utterly bombs in every concievable way vs. KC (a possibility). Otherwise, its going to be really hard to trade Tebow and...for the lack of a better phrase "get away with it". If you think that a large cross section of the fanbase is going to defer to Elway because he's Elway...well then you've got quite a surprise coming. Most reasonable observers wouldn't hesitate one nanosecond to turn on Elway like a cobra if he's making a terrible move.

The totality of Tebow's work in conjunction with what appears to be a relatively thin QB class (there really isn't much to work with outside of Luck and RGIII) should ensure one more year as a starter for evaluation purposes, unless a massive deal comes our way from a team that needs Tebow more than we do (JAX).

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
MacGruder

If Elway wanted to raise Tebow's value the last thing he would do is hire John Fox as head coach...

And to think Tebow has reached his highest value under Fox of all coaches is absurd.. he's anathema to inflated QB play. Look what he did to Orton.. Orton could at least win a couple games last season and put up decent numbers.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

this is going to piss off Teboners all over the country ...I hope you are prepared to spend eternity in hell for this
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

adam schefter is reporting tebow WILL be the starter for the denver broncos in 2012...

im not sure who to believe
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
adam schefter is reporting tebow WILL be the starter for the denver broncos in 2012...

Well to think (according to OP) that even the potential landing spot is outlined in this deal, when the season hasn't even ended....

Yeah...bout that....
Old 12-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Jay3

This theory explains why Elway and Fox were bad-mouthing Tebow. It was all a part of a plan to trick everybody into thinking that they think he sucks.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I think the Cutler deal pretty much set the precedent for the concept that "any player can be traded as long as the team gets good value in the trade". Certainly, trading Tebow for a day-old bologna sandwich would result in a backlash from the fans... however... if we got enough compensation, the reaction might be more like a few murmurs of protest from the most rabid Tebow fans; but with most saying the FO was smart to look at the "big picture" and get draft picks that we could then use to fill some of the other areas of need on the team.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Well to think (according to OP) that even the potential landing spot is outlined in this deal, when the season hasn't even ended....

Yeah...bout that....
seriously. what if RGIII comes out and falls to the browns? sorry, i love tebow as much as anyone here (well, not broncbow) but i would take RG3 anyday, and so would the browns.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Im surprised someone as level headed as empireorange would post this...

so not like him.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I think the Cutler deal pretty much set the precedent for the concept that "any player can be traded as long as the team gets good value in the trade". .
I think the Cutler deal set the precedent for the concept that FO stupidity and owner negligence can set a team back several years.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post

The information as presented by the OP, is something that Schefter would definitely NOT be privy to...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

In before broncbow explodes onto the board.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #16
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I just think Elway has not given up on Luck...
Old 12-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I just think Elway has not given up on Luck...
I agree that this is what he desperately wants. Problem is.....it would take a King's ransom of massive preportions.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
The information as presented by the OP, is something that Schefter would definitely NOT be privy to...
Is empireorange someone other than a team quitting ****tard? I had no idea he had inside information.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
In before broncbow explodes onto the board, and declares he knew it!
FIFY
Brace yourself, God have mercy...
Old 12-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I agree that this is what he desperately wants. Problem is.....it would take a King's ransom of massive preportions.
imagine trying to move from at lowest 15-16, to possibly even the mid 20s, to the #1. this year, atleast 4 1's to do it, maybe more.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Brace yourself, God have mercy...
You guys dont read others posts much. he will absolutely love this article as it is in line with his sabatoging theory.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
You guys dont read others posts much. he will absolutely love this article as it is in line with his sabatoging theory.
THIS
Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #23
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
You don't think he would sell his soul for him? I wouldn't count the possibility out.

I won't be surprised if we did something very extreme.

This game and playoffs will tell us what will happen to Tim Tebow. If Tebow absolutely tanks this game and we lose, I can't see how we can go into the 2012 with Tebow as the guaranteed starter.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
I think the Cutler deal set the precedent for the concept that FO stupidity and owner negligence can set a team back several years.
And yet we filled the stadium year after year.....
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote