The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy
Default NFL Wants Tebow in Playoffs?

Sorry to pour on the coverage, but thought it was an interesting angle.

Of course, many of us would argue that the calls have gone against us most of the time. See: Dumervil, Elvis.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-la...o-the-playoffs
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Sorry to pour on the coverage, but thought it was an interesting angle.

Of course, many of us would argue that the calls have gone against us most of the time. See: Dumervil, Elvis.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-la...o-the-playoffs
If the NFL wants the Broncos in the playoffs, the officials haven't got the memo yet.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

What a sad, pathetic article. Questioning the integrity of our players, and the NFL, after Timmy and the Broncos earned the spot they are at. If we get there, it was because of US, not because of the NFL. More often than not, with the horrible, terrible refs and all the bad calls and non-calls, it almost seemed like they didn't want Timmy in at all!

We get in, it's because of us. Not a gift, not a miracle. Grrrrr.. stupid articles.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if anyone has watched the last 4-5 games, they would see quite clearly the NFL is NOT favoring denver, at all.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back...kick off, Royal takes it back for a score...that gets called back because of a phantom block in the back...

Err...what the ****...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back...kick off, Royal takes it back for a score...that gets called back because of a phantom block in the back...

Err...what the ****...

still steaming over those calls. That and the playcalling in the second quarter ruined my month.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
still steaming over those calls. That and the playcalling in the second quarter ruined my month.
Yeah that and the non PI call on the bad throw by Tebow to Decker. It was just so obvious that dude didn't look back and ran into Decker before the ball got there and no fricking flag, was just a joke and that moron Simms watched it in slowmo and had the nerve to say it was a good play.
troya900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Williams
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back.
That and McKelvin clearly steps out of bounds at least once on that return. Despite the mandatory score review, the TD stood.

I understand a few missed call here and there, but when you have several throughout the game directed disproportionately, it starts looking suspect. Regardless, awful officiating will persist as long as there's no accountability for piss poor calls.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:

Err...what the ****...

No kidding .. those were some of the worse calls ive ever seen.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I thought being banned ruined your month.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

the shiat people will say just to get published
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I thought being banned ruined your month.
no. I expected that. I knew I was a gonner as soon as I hit submit reply.

Although that thread was a good one...expected a little more from it than straight to the butt.

Taco cockblocked my thread.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
no. I expected that. I knew I was a gonner as soon as I hit submit reply.

Although that thread was a good one...expected a little more from it than straight to the butt.

Taco cockblocked my thread.
"Call-out" threads (particularly those with another poster's name prominently displayed in the thread title) always are moved straight to the Butt.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
MacGruder

I think this article is F'ing hilarious... just shows how OWNED so many Tebow haters are... and how delusional they become when that owned.. lol
Old 12-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #15
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Is the Las Vegas Sports Examiner a credible news source? After reading this article, I would find that hard to believe. I wouldn't see a credible newspaper running something like this. There is nothing that supports the point that he is making. He pretty much just made up a story.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
"Call-out" threads (particularly those with another poster's name prominently displayed in the thread title) always are moved straight to the Butt.
I think an exception should be made if its a call out thread to tailgatenut. that guy is a real piece of **** here. Im sure hes a great guy in real life as Leo...but tailgatenut on the mane is a ****ing lowlife loser co******ing ****face who deserves to get called out and have it stay in full view.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

If there's any conspiracy, its that the NFL wanted all the games to count at the end of the season. They now have two divisions being decided the last week of the season, and the playoffs in general will be decided.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #18
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Cam Newton would be better but i'll settle for the white guy who cant throw and cant screw
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #19
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
No kidding .. those were some of the worse calls ive ever seen.
In all fairness to this crew of clowns, nothing compares to the horrible calls the refs made against the Seattle Seahawks in their Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Stealers.

* The phantom pushoff by Jackson in the end zone that nullified a legit TD

* The phantom holding call against Sean Locklear that nullified a first down at the Pittsburgh one yard line

* And the phantom "low block" by Hasselbeck after he threw an INT, giving Pittsburgh great field position

Given that this was The Big Dance, the officiating in this game was the worst in NFL history and certainly did more to determine the outcome of the SB champion in 2006 than anything Seattle or Pittsburgh did on the field of play.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #20
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
In all fairness to this crew of clowns, nothing compares to the horrible calls the refs made against the Seattle Seahawks in their Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Stealers.

* The phantom pushoff by Jackson in the end zone that nullified a legit TD

* The phantom holding call against Sean Locklear that nullified a first down at the Pittsburgh one yard line

* And the phantom "low block" by Hasselbeck after he threw an INT, giving Pittsburgh great field position

Given that this was The Big Dance, the officiating in this game was the worst in NFL history and certainly did more to determine the outcome of the SB champion in 2006 than anything Seattle or Pittsburgh did on the field of play.
no ****, that game was brutal, listen to steeler fans talk they won the game in dominating fashion, but the rest of us know better
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #21
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Doesn't everyone want Tebow in the playoffs? I know I do.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #22
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Pathetic example of journalism.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #23
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Doesn't everyone want Tebow in the playoffs? I know I do.
Oh no no, no one but us. Well, maybe UF fans. Oh, evangelical Christians. Virgin-rearing fathers. Tebowites. Tebowners. Ahh, Skip Bayless. Anonymous, closeted Tebow fans all across the land. Television executives. LBJ. That's all. Really it's us against the world, clearly.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #24
Broncbow

Officials are why I refuse to wage bets on games. Ref's ability to determine out comes of games has been an all too well documented and all too often common occurance. If human players need officitating, then why not human officials? There is a reason why so many judgment calls the refs make are not reviewable.

Instead of refs determinging who is at fault, we ought to just use the cameras for that and have each team use the camera to determine where the other cheated on any given play. Have both team officials in the same suit along with a league official to settle any inconclussive issues. This would solve a lot of problems.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
Officials are why I refuse to wage bets on games. Ref's ability to determine out comes of games has been an all too well documented and all too often common occurance. If human players need officitating, then why not human officials? There is a reason why so many judgment calls the refs make are not reviewable.

Instead of refs determinging who is at fault, we ought to just use the cameras for that and have each team use the camera to determine where the other cheated on any given play. Have both team officials in the same suit along with a league official to settle any inconclussive issues. This would solve a lot of problems.
I don't think you even know what the **** you are talking about anymore.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote