The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Should Haggan Spot Von on certain plays?

Von hasn't been close to the same threat since he got his cast on, for a lot of reasons, it's impacting his play.

Haggan actually played well in spot duty.

Miller has been exceptionally vulnerable to the run since coming back, if we just play Haggan over him on first down, I think it seriously helps our defense. Also keeps Miller more fresh.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Um, yes?

Haggan's a solid player and has seen a lot that Von maybe hasn't. Haggan can't play at a high level for 60 minutes but he's definitely an option to give Von some rest.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Armchair Bronco

I agree 100% that Von Miller isn't the same player since he started wearing the "Club Hand" moniker.

He isn't the same player at all. For someone as fast and explosive as him, I can't imagine how limiting that caveman club must be. But it's clear that he's a changed man wearing that cast.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Um, yes?

Haggan's a solid player and has seen a lot that Von maybe hasn't. Haggan can't play at a high level for 60 minutes but he's definitely an option to give Von some rest.
As bad ass as Von is, I think it's a good move, would make BOTH players better. Von is really feeling the effect of that cast, so I think it would be great to have Haggan in there. Especially since it throws something different at the tackles as well.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
I agree 100% that Von Miller isn't the same player since he started wearing the "Club Hand" moniker.

He isn't the same player at all. For someone as fast and explosive as him, I can't imagine how limiting that caveman club must be. But it's clear that he's a changed man wearing that cast.
I saw some thing on sportscenter or something, why I started thinking of this; that shows him now leading with his shoulder and getting absorbed by blocks, instead of what he used to do, assaulting tackles with his hands outstretched. Von has great length, so it's a huge advantage for him IF he uses it.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
Armchair Bronco

Will he be wearing that cast for the rest of the season?
Old 12-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Ummm, the season has the potential to only last 3 more days.....
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes for as long as Denver plays football in the 2011 season Miller will have the cast on
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Allen already rotates his LB's quite a bit including Miller, Mays, and moving DJ from outside to MLB.

I like how Allen will bring in Mays when he feels guys are going to run and Woodyard in at WILL and move DJ over to MIKE in passing situations.

Miller has gone stretches of games not in the lineup.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

it is similar to when Doom broke his pinky and had a down year a few years ago. for players like Doom and Miller who are lighter pass rushers, they need the use of their hands to break free from O-Linemen. Miller is playing wioth a serious handicap, and i agree Haggan should come in more often to help him out.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hunter has been filling in for von in a lot of formations since denvers nickel defense is getting killed with the run. i think it was hte post that had a whole thing on that this week.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Von hasn't been close to the same threat since he got his cast on, for a lot of reasons, it's impacting his play.

Haggan actually played well in spot duty.

Miller has been exceptionally vulnerable to the run since coming back, if we just play Haggan over him on first down, I think it seriously helps our defense. Also keeps Miller more fresh.
Problem with that is when teams go to a hurry-up, the pats did it and the bills the 2nd half.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #13
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
it is similar to when Doom broke his pinky and had a down year a few years ago. for players like Doom and Miller who are lighter pass rushers, they need the use of their hands to break free from O-Linemen. Miller is playing wioth a serious handicap, and i agree Haggan should come in more often to help him out.
I didn't realize how much Miller used his hands and long reach as part of his arsenal until he was handicapped with that damn club. I went back and watched some of his early highlights from the season, and it's clear that he uses his speed to bust into the backfield, and then he dives at opposing players and uses his arms to disrupt the play.

Hard to do that when you're forced to hold on to a caveman club with one of your hands.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Probably not a bad idea
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote