The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Vine

Default Horrible at making adjustments

Broncos march down the field and score a touchdown on their first possession. Bills make adjustments and Denver struggles to run the ball at all, the rest of the game. Broncos fail to make their own adjustments AGAIN, as they have a horrible 2nd quarter with a bunch of 3 n outs AGAIN.

This totally falls on Fox and McCoy. Two idiot numbnuts who refuse to consider alternatives when defenses make adjustments to Denver's gameplans.

Happens every god damn week.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
lolcopter

let's try to run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down this drive and see what happens
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
let's try to run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down this drive and see what happens
Einstein's definition of insanity
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Broncos march down the field and score a touchdown on their first possession. Bills make adjustments and Denver struggles to run the ball at all, the rest of the game. Broncos fail to make their own adjustments AGAIN, as they have a horrible 2nd quarter with a bunch of 3 n outs AGAIN.

This totally falls on Fox and McCoy. Two idiot numbnuts who refuse to consider alternatives when defenses make adjustments to Denver's gameplans.

Happens every god damn week.
It's like watching Slowick coach the defense when he was here. Made no adjustments...it's ****in annoying
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Yeah, obviously the team played pretty crappy today, but the first half play calling was utterly atrocious. We are a team that RELIES on misdirection and keeping a D off balance. We kept trotting out the same **** and hoped we'd just overpower em. Our offensive line sucks.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, obviously the team played pretty crappy today, but the first half play calling was utterly atrocious. We are a team that RELIES on misdirection and keeping a D off balance. We kept trotting out the same **** and hoped we'd just overpower em. Our offensive line sucks.
this.

hard to believe, but after 15 consecutive handoffs to McGahee into the middle of the line, the D is sort of able to guess what's coming next, huh?

i could go out in my yard and pick up a rock that has more creativity than McCoy.

stupid OC is stupid.

argghhh!!! i'm still so mad i could kick a hippie.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Tebow has to learn how to take advantage of the quick out, curls, flats, and check-downs in order to keep the defense honest. When he drops back, he is looking for the home run every time.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Tebow has to learn how to take advantage of the quick out, curls, flats, and check-downs in order to keep the defense honest. When he drops back, he is looking for the home run every time.
Should he have done this in the first half with five attempts or in the second half when we're already losing
Old 12-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Should he have done this in the first half with five attempts or in the second half when we're already losing
It doesn't matter. There were 10 yard gains all over the field today. We could have small balled them, we were only down 12 at half. He has to use the short routes to open up the deep stuff.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
A-I don't see those routes much.

B-Tebow 3/4 on the first drive, and I don't think they attempted a pass on the next 2-3 drives; ending in 3 and outs.

C-Then, once we're trailing because of atrocious defense and ST, we start to throw the ball.

There isn't an ounce of deception in any of that.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Panthers were never really considered a high octane type of offense the years Fox was the head coach, so it is doubtful this team would ever be one of the best passing teams no matter who plays QB.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
this.

hard to believe, but after 15 consecutive handoffs to McGahee into the middle of the line, the D is sort of able to guess what's coming next, huh?

i could go out in my yard and pick up a rock that has more creativity than McCoy.

stupid OC is stupid.

argghhh!!! i'm still so mad i could kick a hippie.
I don't think McCoy is stupid, his first 15 scripted plays to start each game seem to be superb. That shows he's scouted the opponent properly...but something obviously happens right after the first 15 that kills the team. McCoy is great with the first 15...Tebow is great with the last 15...something needs to happen with everything in between.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #13
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post

B-Tebow 3/4 on the first drive, and I don't think they attempted a pass on the next 2-3 drives; ending in 3 and outs.

C-Then, once we're trailing because of atrocious defense and ST, we start to throw the ball.

You are right. I would like to see more of these type of routes and Tim using them to get some rhythm and open some stuff up. Deception could help this squad.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
this right here , end thread
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #15
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post

it is all about what Tebow understands , a lot of you guys seem flat out amazed that we are running a simplistic offense ,question is can Teeb read a LB or a corner gettin ready to short jump a route ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote