The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams
Default Let's Get Real Here

How many of us would've been thrilled to know we'd go into week 17 controlling our own destiny at home versus a disheartened, injury-riddled Chiefs squad? With a chance for a home playoff game?! Are you kidding me?!

We need to be fired up and the stadium better be rocking like an AC/DC concert back in the day.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Please tell that to our team and coaches as they are not playing like that.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yep today sucks but they are still in it. Fans..... do it!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
How many of us would've been thrilled to know we'd go into week 17 controlling our own destiny at home versus a disheartened, injury-riddled Chiefs squad? With a chance for a home playoff game?! Are you kidding me?!

We need to be fired up and the stadium better be rocking like an AC/DC concert back in the day.

The fact we are watching football that matters by our team this late in the season after our start is great. No idea why people would be so bitter towards this team who has greatly over achieved after starting 1-4.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Please tell that to our team and coaches as they are not playing like that.
Let's hope the coaches step up in the first half. The 2nd quarter nonsense is no coincidence. Opponents are destroying us on the first wave of adjustments before halftime.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

this is a call to all the wine and cheesers for sunday. leave the chardonnay at home and go with straight tequila. we need it LOUD and rockin' on sunday.

still, win or lose, this year will be a memorable one. it'll be remembered as the year the OM came together as one.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
vonqkilla

Quote:

I totally agree.

No fate but what we make! T2 was on hbo.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Let's hope the coaches step up in the first half. The 2nd quarter nonsense is no coincidence. Opponents are destroying us on the first wave of adjustments before halftime.
They are adjusting after first few drives..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

bills had the personnel to push from the middle. dareus is everything we thought he'd be and von was MIA today. there's a way to shut down our run and it's to attack the middle where walton and beadles are small, weak, and a liability.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
The fact we are watching football that matters by our team this late in the season after our start is great. No idea why people would be so bitter towards this team who has greatly over achieved after starting 1-4.
I'll be distracted and looking forward to it allllll week. If we win, it'll be MEMORABLE! 2011 AFC West champions two months after that abominable Suck for Luck nonsense.

We were considering the 1st overall pick in friggin' mid-October.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:

yes. let's get real. you know that you're never going to sleep with Cindy Crawford. it's just not going to happen, right? until one day when somebody fixes you up on a blind date and that blind date turns out to be Cindy Crawford. do you go to that dinner just happy to be able to have dinner for Cindy Crawford, or do you bring your A game and pull out all the stops to charm the pants off of her, knowing its your ONLY shot.

that's how i feel about the Broncos. we knew going into the year it was a rebuilding year. but the stars lined up and we got to 8-5 with 3 to play, needing 2 wins against BUF and KC to secure a playoff spot. this Broncos team seems to be happy to have just reached the 8 win mark. they didn't bring their A game against NE. they didn't bring their A game against BUF. they damned well better bring their A game against KC or this season will be a failure. for the 3rd time in 4 years, they'll lose out to miss the playoffs after being in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

that's being real. right now, i am so disgusted with this whole team from top to bottom that i wouldn't cross the street to pee on any of them if they were on fire.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
yes. let's get real. you know that you're never going to sleep with Cindy Crawford. it's just not going to happen, right? until one day when somebody fixes you up on a blind date and that blind date turns out to be Cindy Crawford. do you go to that dinner just happy to be able to have dinner for Cindy Crawford, or do you bring your A game and pull out all the stops to charm the pants off of her, knowing its your ONLY shot.

that's how i feel about the Broncos. we knew going into the year it was a rebuilding year. but the stars lined up and we got to 8-5 with 3 to play, needing 2 wins against BUF and KC to secure a playoff spot. this Broncos team seems to be happy to have just reached the 8 win mark. they didn't bring their A game against NE. they didn't bring their A game against BUF. they damned well better bring their A game against KC or this season will be a failure. for the 3rd time in 4 years, they'll lose out to miss the playoffs after being in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

that's being real. right now, i am so disgusted with this whole team from top to bottom that i wouldn't cross the street to pee on any of them if they were on fire.
Cindy Crawford? You're dating yourself here.

But I kind of agree. In the NFL, for better or worse, you're only as good as your last game. If we don't make the playoffs, you think our coaches and front office will say "well, we're better than we thought we were going into the season" or do you think they'll wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the latter.

I dont really like many of the front office decisions, i think they've made many mistakes, and I honestly don't trust them much going forward.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I think I predicted 8-8 coming in to this season. Anything above that is gravy.

On to KC.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I agree. But I can't do it right now. Maybe tomorrow, or Monday. For sure by Wednesday.
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

2011 Cindy Crawford or 1995 Cindy Crawford?

I dont care either way but the distinction is important.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Cindy Crawford? You're dating yourself here.

But I kind of agree. In the NFL, for better or worse, you're only as good as your last game. If we don't make the playoffs, you think our coaches and front office will say "well, we're better than we thought we were going into the season" or do you think they'll wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the latter.

I dont really like many of the front office decisions, i think they've made many mistakes, and I honestly don't trust them much going forward.
ok, change Cindy to Stephanie Seymour.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
2011 Cindy Crawford or 1995 Cindy Crawford?

I dont care either way but the distinction is important.

how about 1989 Cindy Crawford?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
how about 1989 Cindy Crawford?

Why not Kathy Ireland?

Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Why not Kathy Ireland?

Was never a fan of hers for whatever reason. I heard today Mark Sanchez was bangin Kate Upton. Which made me depressed for a millisecond... until I realized that even if she wasn't banging him, she wouldnt be banging me.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #20
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Why not Kathy Ireland?

she works too.

my point is only losers can find a silver lining to losing 3 straight games to miss the playoffs. it got Shanny fired. it put McD on notice. Fox better not add his name to that infamous list.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

What I find silly is that Tebow's three losses this season have been very lopsided...every one of them, the opposing team scored at least 40 points. In fact our three losses with him have been by the average score of 42-16.

Wasn't that one of the Tebowners biggest arguments for him to be our starter...that we scored more points with him?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What I find silly is that Tebow's three losses this season have been very lopsided...every one of them, the opposing team scored at least 40 points. In fact our three losses with him have been by the average score of 42-16.

Wasn't that one of the Tebowners biggest arguments for him to be our starter...that we scored more points with him?
don't be daft.

put any young QB behind by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, with his OL not protecting him and his D not stopping the other team, and you'll get the same thing... the QB has to play recklessly or concede the game. you play recklessly, you make mistakes.

Tebow was fine until the 4th quarter.

Tebow's first INT came with 2:09 left in the 3rd, down 23-14.

his next 3 INTs came in desperation time in the 4th.

Last edited by Gort; 12-24-2011 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
she works too.

my point is only losers can find a silver lining to losing 3 straight games to miss the playoffs. it got Shanny fired. it put McD on notice. Fox better not add his name to that infamous list.

I think expectations should be factored into such things. 8-5 in 2008 is different then 8-5 in 2011. We were not supposed to win 8 games in 2011, not with the holes this team has. I hear what you are saying, no one likes to be in prime position late in the year and fumble it away. Things will go as they must, and either way you and I will still be here a year from now cheering on the 2012 squad.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

...this post infers you preferred losing 24-21? End result is the same, isnt it?

Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Its a lot more indicative of our team sucking than just Tim. Tim sucked today. But I'm not sure I'd be upset if we lost any players on our team save for maybe 4 or 5. (Miller, Doom, Bailey...ummmmm...hmmmm...maybe Demaryius Thomas)