The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Halftime: We should try this new "forward pass" thing I've been hearing about!

I've heard about it. I wonder if it could work.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

very, very frustrated with the game.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I was afraid this thing will happen..We somehow screw up late in the season.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Jay3

That seemed easy enough.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Wow. It really does work. Weird.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I am frustrated to see it happening every year.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Revolutionary!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Coaching staff seems Bi-Polar. Predictable running all 1st half, and have to play catch up leading to predictable passing for the 2nd half. Any positive plays get negated by flags or the refs.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer

We're finding out why Tebow doesn't get to throw the ball much. Two pick-6's in a row.

The second was caused by his horrendous windup.

So here we are. We are terrible at the QB position. We are falling apart on defense. Yet were going to draft in the bottom half of the first round. How do you get better?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

This is probably why they don't pass a lot.

Shocker that McCoy probably has a better grasp on what Tim can/can't do than the people here.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

This thread has all the makings of something that will become epic.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
BroncoBeavis

We spend 99% of the game having the defense know EXACTLY what we're going to do. We run until we have no choice but to pass, down multiple scores.

Tebow's worst game, no argument. But he's consistently put in the worst possible situations. Eventually it was going to melt down.

I don't have any idea how an NFL level coordinator doesn't understand that both the pass and the run work better when the defense isn't sure which is coming.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Bad throw into the end zone.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

And now you know why we don't pass more than we do...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

No, no we shouldn't
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
We are terrible at the QB position. We are falling apart on defense. Yet were going to draft in the bottom half of the first round. How do you get better?
You keep building on D and hope Tebow can improve going forward with a traditional off-season. Not just him improving but the coaching staff installing an actual offense.

Defense, defense & more defense.
HAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
anon
Seasoned Veteran

The thing people forget is that the guy is still essentially a rookie QB with no training camp reps, and he was raw to begin with. We were on a nice little run, but there will still be adversity. It's really interesting how people fall back to "well, obviously the coaches see something that we don't" when we keep making fun of the fact that they tried to tell us that "Kyle Orton gives us our best chance to win."

Did anybody in here realistically believe we would contend for the division at the beginning of the season? I'm just trying to enjoy a surprising season. Frustrating at times, sure... but while I can't say that Tebow is the least of my worries, I can't pin this loss just on him -- to quote the staff, we need to see the "body of work".
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
We're finding out why Tebow doesn't get to throw the ball much. Two pick-6's in a row.

The second was caused by his horrendous windup.

So here we are. We are terrible at the QB position. We are falling apart on defense. Yet were going to draft in the bottom half of the first round. How do you get better?

Actually the first pick 6 was a perfectly thrown deep ball that the safety made a perfect play on. Regardless the defense new we had to throw because the defense sucked balls today and couldn't stop a pathetic Bill's team and the OC didn't pass till it was already decided.

Lot of blame to go around but I damn sure would put our defense as the worst offender.................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Actually the first pick 6 was a perfectly thrown deep ball that the safety made a perfect play on. Regardless the defense new we had to throw because the defense sucked balls today and couldn't stop a pathetic Bill's team and the OC didn't pass till it was already decided.

Lot of blame to go around but I damn sure would put our defense as the worst offender.................
He had the TE wide open on that play. He didn't even look off the saftey that is why he picked the ball off.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

You know how this all ends right? KC beats them next week at home they miss the playoffs and get a mid round pick and the ridicule from all the Tebow AND Bronco haters will be unbearable.

I put a lot of this one on the coaching staff and their unbelievable lack of any sort of adjustment whatsoever.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I would argue that the passing game would go better if we tried a little harder to avoid the 3-and-outs in the first half. I'm not suggesting they become the 1980 Chargers, or anything. But part of why we are sucking so bad in the 2nd quarter is because the defense is adjusting to the running game, and we're not adjusting to their adjustments.

The thing that happened frequently during the winning streak was a lot of 2nd and 5-or-less. The last two games, we're been getting stuffed on 1st down - especially in the 2nd quarter. Then, more often than not, we'll try running again on 2nd down. Now, it's 3rd and long - hardly Tebow's strength.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #22
anon
Seasoned Veteran

I agree here. If they are going to be pass happy in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter, might as well mix it up. But Fox is a conservative coach, so perhaps he'd rather throw a game away (forgive the pun) late in the game when pressing or playing catch-up, rather than lose it early in the first half due to turnovers.

Tebow would be more dangerous as a threat to run when the defense is guessing more. If he really puts more of a burden on the defense by being a true dual threat, we're probably not taking maximum advantage with the way we are using him right now.

That being said, I think I do see that they are trying to bring him along slowly. If they are still playing this way next season, then I might be more concerned. Our defense isn't good enough yet to play this kind of ball.

But maybe Fox-ball is as real as Marty-ball... hopefully for us, it will be with better postseason results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I would argue that the passing game would go better if we tried a little harder to avoid the 3-and-outs in the first half. I'm not suggesting they become the 1980 Chargers, or anything. But part of why we are sucking so bad in the 2nd quarter is because the defense is adjusting to the running game, and we're not adjusting to their adjustments.

The thing that happened frequently during the winning streak was a lot of 2nd and 5-or-less. The last two games, we're been getting stuffed on 1st down - especially in the 2nd quarter. Then, more often than not, we'll try running again on 2nd down. Now, it's 3rd and long - hardly Tebow's strength.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Not letting Tebow throw early, only to turn around and put it all on his arm when the game is getting out of hand really doesn't seem fair to the kid. Those comebacks were amazing, but expecting him to do that every week is retarded.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

What irks me is we try two straigth runs up the middle to Buffalo's strength, and get nothing. Its 3rd and long and obvious passing down. We played right into their strengths.
More screens are needed, with short slants, quick hitches, etc.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

What irks me is we try two straigth runs up the middle to Buffalo's strength, and get nothing. Its 3rd and long and obvious passing down. We played right into their strengths.
More screens are needed, with short slants, quick hitches, etc.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote