The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default Woody Paige goes off

Woody Paige goes off on one question in his mailbag. it's a good read. (maybe Woody is Broncbow?).

here's the question:

Quote:
It was debated recently between Cris Carter and Skip Bayless about how much Tim Tebow actually inspires his team. You are around the team. Do you feel, and have you heard from individual players, that Tebow truly inspires the team? As a season ticket-holding fan, he inspires me.
-- Todd Mather, Oakley, Calif.
read the full response here (since the Denver Post doesn't like their content excerpted):

http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19595911

Last edited by Gort; 12-22-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow! Paige certainly did put the doubters in their place on that one.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Wow! Paige certainly did put the doubters in their place on that one.
the paragraph about Orton was interesting too. so glad he's KC's problem now. the Chefs trolls here should really read that paragraph before they go out and buy any Orton jerseys.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wow, incredible.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

I've talked to enough players to know, unlike radio fools, that this is a close-knit team now, a team that was in disarray at the beginning of the season. As I've written, they got rid of the only anti-Tebow player — Brandon Lloyd — and how's that working out for Lloyd? Trust me. If he had stayed, he would have caught big passes and gotten just as big a contract as a free agent. People know he can catch whether he was in St. Louis or Denver. It just amazes me how, when you've been proved wrong, you just continue to wallow in mud.

lol
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

his answer....woody makes up for a very lame christmas carol redux

Todd - I heard a talk-show host who loathes Tebow, and has backed himself into an indefensible corner, say that a lot of players particularly the wide receivers and tight ends and offensive linemen don't want to play with Tebow. It's total ... I can't say the word I want to ... let me think ... malarkey (that's not strong enough). The players like Tebow; they are inspired by him; they want to play with him; they've witnessed what he can accomplish.

Read more: Woody's Mailbag: Denver Broncos making music history this season - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmail...#ixzz1hHUpUZis
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
the paragraph about Orton was interesting too. so glad he's KC's problem now. the Chefs trolls here should really read that paragraph before they go out and buy any Orton jerseys.
It does make sense to me since I have commented many times how the team looked dead and uninterested when Orton was the QB, especially to start this season.

Last edited by barryr; 12-22-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Woody Paige goes off on one question in his mailbag. it's a good read. (maybe Woody is Broncbow?).

here's the question:

read the full response here (since the Denver Post doesn't like their content excerpted):

Thats good stuff..thanks for posting!
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
OrangeSe7en

Quote:

here's the question:

Amen!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Tebow is a class act-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Woody is obviously calling out Les(s) Shapiro:

Quote:
I heard a talk-show host who loathes Tebow, and has backed himself into an indefensible corner, say that a lot of players — particularly the wide receivers and tight ends and offensive linemen — don't want to play with Tebow. It's total ... I can't say the word I want to ... let me think ... malarkey (that's not strong enough).
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I'm so happy I was mature and manly enough to put my religious views and bias aside and see Tebow for what he really was last year.

If I was a loser like Tailgatenut, peacepipe,yerner, pompousbuttpirate, or any other of the losers that aren't at the maturity level of a six year old trust fund princess, I would be so insufferable right now.

Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me that emotions are in my control and to think for myself...

Damn it feels good to root for a winner again....

takes one to know one I guess.

suck it losers.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I'm so happy I was mature and manly enough to put my religious views and bias aside and see Tebow for what he really was last year.

If I was a loser like Tailgatenut, peacepipe,yerner, pompousbuttpirate, or any other of the losers that aren't at the maturity level of a six year old trust fund princess, I would be so insufferable right now.

Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me that emotions are in my control and to think for myself...

You forgot a few, but point made!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Yup.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post

takes one to know one I guess.

suck it losers.

Hahaha love this.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

It's not really saying much, but that's the best thing I've ever read from Paige.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This is not Kyle Orton laughing at Tebow when he ran wind sprints full out. One of the major reasons Orton was cut was he had turned off the Broncos. He showed up late, wore a stocking cap in practices, was one of the first to leave and didn't really care after he was removed. Josh McDaniels had told me more than a year ago that Orton wasn't, despite what people thought, a leader on or off the field. Sure, he was elected captain from the offense. Who you going to elect? Offensive tackles are not elected captains. People made a big deal out of it.
I hope he gets booed so hard in Denver that the eggs in his ovaries start crying. What a pos.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

guys, 10 posts after the OP, you dont need to copy and paste the entire article. click the link and read it and avoid any unnecessary drama for TJ.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #19
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Woody asks why anyone would hate a goody-goody. I think there are a number of reasons, but the biggest thing no one is talking about is that people are tired of being let down. How many times do we see people in the public eye stand up and make themselves look SOOOOO good, and then they turn up in a hotel with a dead hooker?

People are tired of being letdown by the fake. Is Tebow's goodness fake? Who knows. It seems legitimate but so has it seemed with so many before him. Especially in the sports world. Is he going to be voted man of the year in the coming years and then the night before the superbowl get busted in a hotel room in a three way with some strippers?

He hosts kids with terminal illness at each game. That's something I can respect as my son actually is recovering from what is called a terminal illness. Those kids need hope, and people to look up to more than anything.

Sitting with Demaryius after his dropped passes? That's the good kind of leadership that America has forgotten exists--now it's the drill sergeant mentality, break the people down when they mess up.

I want to believe in Tebow but I'm jaded. I root for the Broncos and him specifically every Sunday, my little boy and I are making it our tradition. But some people, whether they know it on a conscious level or not, are tired of being burned. Here's to hoping Tebow is the man he appears to be, because if he is, we need more people like that. Doesn't matter what profession you choose in life, that kind of goodness is infectious.

I am an atheist, so my biggest pet peeve is the thanking of his "lord and saviour Jesus Christ" stuff. Can't he just say God? Oh well. That's a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny complaint.

Quote:
Yeah that part about him laughing because Tebow would go full out during his sprints? I've always thought Orton wasn't a leader, but an arrogant douche. Glad he is gone. He is a guy who tries to promote this awesome "team guy" image, but is false.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
Agapeman
Tebowing

That is an awesome article and something many of us knew all along. Woody has his thumb on the pulse of Denver sports better than anybody and has for years.
Agapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #21
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I heard Espn radio was coming to that station.
Hopefully this means his show will be shut down.
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
I heard Espn radio was coming to that station.
Hopefully this means his show will be shut down.
Unfortunately, it does not. He will still be on after Colin Cowherd.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I have not been a fan of Woody's for a long time, But he finally got it together in this response. Great find and thank you.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Woody asks why anyone would hate a goody-goody. I think there are a number of reasons, but the biggest thing no one is talking about is that people are tired of being let down. How many times do we see people in the public eye stand up and make themselves look SOOOOO good, and then they turn up in a hotel with a dead hooker?

People are tired of being letdown by the fake. Is Tebow's goodness fake? Who knows. It seems legitimate but so has it seemed with so many before him. Especially in the sports world. Is he going to be voted man of the year in the coming years and then the night before the superbowl get busted in a hotel room in a three way with some strippers?

He hosts kids with terminal illness at each game. That's something I can respect as my son actually is recovering from what is called a terminal illness. Those kids need hope, and people to look up to more than anything.

Sitting with Demaryius after his dropped passes? That's the good kind of leadership that America has forgotten exists--now it's the drill sergeant mentality, break the people down when they mess up.

I want to believe in Tebow but I'm jaded. I root for the Broncos and him specifically every Sunday, my little boy and I are making it our tradition. But some people, whether they know it on a conscious level or not, are tired of being burned. Here's to hoping Tebow is the man he appears to be, because if he is, we need more people like that. Doesn't matter what profession you choose in life, that kind of goodness is infectious.

I am an atheist, so my biggest pet peeve is the thanking of his "lord and saviour Jesus Christ" stuff. Can't he just say God? Oh well. That's a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny complaint.

Yeah that part about him laughing because Tebow would go full out during his sprints? I've always thought Orton wasn't a leader, but an arrogant douche. Glad he is gone. He is a guy who tries to promote this awesome "team guy" image, but is false.
I see what you're saying here, but Tebow is going to let people down at some point. Both on and off the field. That's life. He's a human being, after all.

There are lessons to teach and learn when that inevitably happens. But it should never be said that a person failing to live up to their ideals in a moment of weakness necessarily diminishes their ideals.

If I were in Timmy's place, I'd let the world down on a daily basis. It's miraculous he's been able to come this far without once ever coming off as disingenuous. There's no way I would've come through what he did this offseason and not told someone somewhere to suck it.

Which goes to show that he's very disciplined and really believes what he says. But he will falter at some point. What matters is how he responds after.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Damn! Woody Paige has been getting trashed on this board ever since I got here. He drops one piece in praise of Tebow and his reputation is restored. It's a miracle!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote