The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Elway endorses Tebow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...ndorsement-yet

Surprised nobody is talking about this. Sounds like Elway is officially on board and moving forward with Tebow. Good news
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

was there really any doubt ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

its amazing what a difference a few words means....

he sounds just as positive as he was a few weeks ago, just worded it differently...don't be surprised to see us grab a veteran to give him some "competition" this off-season
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
swaiy

I don't believe a word of this. Obviously this is some ploy drummed up by the Republicans.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

not surprising, he's learning how to talk with media more, and in the middle of a playoff race did anyone reallly expect not to say something like this?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The real question should be why isn't taco on board with him? So close to the playoffs and TJ cuts of boob mojo? Sounds like a inside job to me.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

In before DomCasual starts a duplicate thread by Thursday...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Not amongst people who actually watch the Broncos, but everyone else, especially in the media (- Skip Bayless) and opposing nfl fans was a near certain that Denver would go in a different direction next year.

Now that the Broncos have fully committed to Tebow, I wonder if the playcalling will get more aggressive the rest of this year, and next year.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Oh, I absolutely believe there was some doubt when we were hovering around the 5-10 draft range. As we've moved lower and Tebow has shown more... I think the doubt has subsided, rightfully.

Elway was under no requirements to name Tebow the 2012 starter just because some antsy kids on a message board thought he should. He handled it just fine, and the results have been great thus far.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post

Now that the Broncos have fully committed to Tebow, I wonder if the playcalling will get more aggressive the rest of this year, and next year.
Lets ****ing hope not ....... holly shiat ..... last week I told you last week pound those mother ****ers , n it worked , right up to the 3 turnovers ...
Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Ummm......YES. The better question would be was there ever NOT any doubt?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Oh, I absolutely believe there was some doubt when we were hovering around the 5-10 draft range. As we've moved lower and Tebow has shown more... I think the doubt has subsided, rightfully.

Elway was under no requirements to name Tebow the 2012 starter just because some antsy kids on a message board thought he should. He handled it just fine, and the results have been great thus far.
This really isn't about what antsy kids on a message board want, its about all the critics, skeptics, especially in the media proclaiming that Tebow is not an NFL qb, and he cannot pass the ball, and will never be successful in the NFL.

I am enjoying all the critics being proven horribly wrong, and frankly, quite surprised that more Broncos fans are enjoying critics eat giant horrible disgusting plates of crow.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

This is great news and is totally different than all the prior post-Elway QB's that Denver committed to because Tebow is Tebow.

Tebow.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

His statement is a bit confusing....

""Tim Tebow's not going anywhere," Elway said. "I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

So first sentence....."Tim's not going anywhere".....good.

Second sentence...."He's going to be a Bronco....".....still good.
Second sentence...."...we're going to do everything thing we can (meaning what?) and hopefully he's that guy (meaning QB, specifically?)."

Translation: Tim's sticking around, but as our starting fullback.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Actions speak louder, imo
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

""Tim Tebow's not going anywhere," Elway said. "I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

Second sentence...."...we're going to do everything thing we can (meaning what?) and hopefully he's that guy (meaning QB, specifically?)."

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #17
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
One of the first things Elway did was reach out to Bailey, the perennial Pro Bowl cornerback who was headed for unrestricted free agency after McDaniels had pulled an extension offer off the table just as he was about to sign it last season.
Elway said he doesn't think Denver's defensive turnaround would have been possible without Bailey, who's provided stellar play, locker room leadership and stability to a team with its sixth defensive coordinator in six seasons.
Can anyone imagine what our defense would be without Champ this year?

This just reaffirms what a complete and utter a$$hat McDaniels was.

Thanks John.

I can only hope that KC hire this douche so he can chase away what little talent they have.

Last edited by fontaine; 12-20-2011 at 12:42 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

"Because, he's done what we knew he could do and where we've seen his progress is what he does within the pocket. What we've said, and I said it when I first got here, was we know Tim's a great player and what we've got to do is make him a great quarterback, and what I've learned is you've got to be able to win from within the pocket."

I think this is why Elway was so hesitant-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Exactly...why Elway having a let's see what he does after more than one or two games attitude was such a bad thing is amazing to me. You gotta have the right kind of players in order to win titles in this league....

and while Tebow certainly has that never say die, will fight to the death, will work harder to improve, go thru a wall for you approach that everyone loves, the bottom line is he still needs to become more accurate with his throws....his 4th qtr Qb rating is slightly inflated due to opposing teams playing softer trying to protect those 10 point leads etc....I'd love to see more of the hot out the gate starts like we had vs Pats, and fewer 4th qtr comebacks from double digit deficits, regardless of the excitement they bring. Trust me, pummeling an opponent 45-10 is just as much a feel good story in my opinion as coming back from being down 15-0

tim is making progress, he's becoming more comfortable in this offense, is becoming more of a pocket passer than he was earlier, and has shown improvement in virtually every aspect of the game....he's still got a ways to go, but he should be ready come next season to take his game to a higher level.

I think if we concentrate on fixing our defensive woes, improve the depth in our lesser areas of concern, and let him know he's our guy, without question, we will be rewarded with a playoff team in 2012 because he'll do his best to show the FO's confidence in him wasn't misplaced.

Last edited by errand; 12-20-2011 at 01:11 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #21
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly...why Elway having a let's see what he does after more than one or two games attitude was such a bad thing is amazing to me. You gotta have the right knid of players in order to win titles in this league....and while Tebow certainly has that never say die, will fight to the death, will work harder to improve, go thru a wall for you approach that everyone loves, the bottom line is he still needs to become more accurate with his throws....his 4th qtr Qb rating is slightly inflated due to opposing teams playing softer trying to protect those 10 point leads etc....
The only reason that attitude was bad was because it showed this front offices incompetence. First they say Orton is the guy and gives the team the best chance to win. This was after there was live game tape of Tebow comlletely outplaying Orton in his rookie year. Eventually, Orton gets benched because they finally realize how terrible he is. They then say Tebow is week to week and needs to get better. It was obvious that Tebow needs to get better, just like every young QB. They completely backed a loser and refused to do the same for the winner.

Elway and Fox have shown that this franchise will be screwed if Tebow doesn't work out. They have no ability to judge QB talent.

Last edited by jhns; 12-20-2011 at 01:17 PM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
Broncbow

Quote:

This was not an endorsment. hopefully, is not an endorsement. What is to stop Elway from doing exactly what he did this season in TC and preseason. Bring in a guy and claim he gives the team a better chance to win?

SSDD

Tebow is going to be a Bronco? We hope he is the guy?

Someone needs to tell Elway Tebow is a Broncos and he is the guy, while putting a boot in his ass and getting him the hell away from the team before he keeps sabotaging Tebow and the Broncos to death.

How senile can you get? Elway has lost his marbles. He still does not get it. Get him the hell out now.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
This was not an endorsment. hopefully, is not an endorsement. What is to stop Elway from doing exactly what he did this season in TC and preseason. Bring in a guy and claim he gives the team a better chance to win?

SSDD

Tebow is going to be a Bronco? We hope he is the guy?

Someone needs to tell Elway Tebow is a Broncos and he is the guy, while putting a boot in his ass and get him the hell away from the team before he keeps sabotaging Tebow to death.
can you just go away please. You are making us pro-tebow people look foolish.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
Broncbow

I am making what? Nice avatar... LMAO
Old 12-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
The only reason that attitude was bad was because it showed this front offices incompetence. First they say Orton is the guy and gives the team the best chance to win. This was after there was live game tape of Tebow comlletely outplaying Orton in his rookie year. Eventually, Orton gets benched because they finally realize how terrible he is. They then say Tebow is week to week and needs to get better. It was obvious that Tebow needs to get better, just like every young QB. They completely backed a loser and refused to do the same for the winner.

Elway and Fox have shown that this franchise will be screwed if Tebow doesn't work out. They have no ability to judge QB talent.