The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Tebow improving as a passer

A few plays really stood out to me during that game. I think Sims was right, I think Tebow showed some major signs during that game that he's improving as a passer.

Maybe his best pass of the game, the rolling left could have run it, waited patiently until Hall went past his man and lobbed a nice touch pass to him. Before I think he would have wanted to run that ball and how many QB's do you always see put way too much on that touch pass and it sails over the RB's head.

The big strike downfield to Thomas. Shows he does have a good arm. Ball was on a rope, tight and accurate.

Honestly, aside from the last half of the 4th qtr when it was garbage and desperation time, I thought he threw with good accuracy and timing that game.

He's got work to do still but I'm DEFINITELY seeing improvement, which is a great sign.

____ I still have no idea why on this forum when you make a post you have to have just a single word in the thread title and then edit _______ Seriously, this is 2012 almost and this can't be fixed?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Vine

Don't you love it? Even if you were a Tebow skeptic, or a Tebow critic, or a Broncos coach or president! One cannot deny that he is making a lot of progress. Making enough progress to go forward in 2012 with him. No one can deny it. No one. If anyone does, you are looking more and more like an idiot.

It's pretty sweet for the people who believed in him all year long.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

needs to learn to roll right without spinning back around to roll left. going right is unquestionably his weakest area at QB, he spins back left right into a defender half the time it seems.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I agree with this completely

Watched the game with a lot of people who had never seen him play before and a lot of them asked me, "Whats the big deal with his passing"

he's definitely no Brady/Manning/etc, but I'll take the mobility and whatnot any day of the week

good stuff going on
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Don't you love it? Even if you were a Tebow skeptic, or a Tebow critic, or a Broncos coach or president! One cannot deny that he is making a lot of progress. Making enough progress to go forward in 2012 with him. No one can deny it. No one. If anyone does, you are looking more and more like an idiot.

Hey dip****, what exactly is your prize for being a believer all along? Why don't you cut out the fan police crap.

I am still a skeptic but liking what I see more every week. He is improving and in doing so making me less of a skeptic. Keet it up Timbo.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post

I am still a skeptic but liking what I see more every week. He is improving and in doing so making me less of a skeptic. Keet it up Timbo.
this is where you lose a lot of Teboners , I agree he is progressing nicely , showing a hellva lot of improvement , with a full training camp , preseason , he should be lights out next year ...... he just isnt right there yet
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post

Goddamn, this board is infested with ****ing weirdos.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
schaaf

That deep pass to Thomas was beautiful, couldn't have been a tighter spiral and it got there fast, I believe it was on 3rd down also
Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
needs to learn to roll right without spinning back around to roll left. going right is unquestionably his weakest area at QB, he spins back left right into a defender half the time it seems.
In the first couple of games, almost without fail when he had to roll right he would do a 270 degree spin facing backwards before taking off, that is an absolute no-go for a QB to face his own end zone in a passing situation.

Obviously being a lefty he is more comfortable rolling left since he can still use his hips to make throws down field without setting his feet.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

He passes much more naturally now, one reason is definitely his footwork, he is throwing off his front foot much more now which means he can put his hip into it and keep the ball up instead of throwing it into the turf.

His spiral is still somewhat erratic and he does throw some wobblers during a game but his accuracy is really much better than his completion percent would show and he seems much more natural in picking his target, early on his progressions didn't look good.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

SO...where are the tebowners to get upset about someone speaking truthfully about Tebow needing to improve?

Oh...that's right, they NEVER DO THAT. that was a myth made up by the haters....I'm glad I cleared that up.

You see, if you say he can't throw or he is a fullback, you will get trashed, because it's stupid.

If you say he needs to improve, we leave it alone.

#DestroyingmythsiswhatIdobecauseIamawinnerunlessIb etonKnoshownMorenototop1200yards.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
SO...where are the tebowners to get upset about someone speaking truthfully about Tebow needing to improve?

Oh...that's right, they NEVER DO THAT. that was a myth made up by the haters....I'm glad I cleared that up.

You see, if you say he can't throw or he is a fullback, you will get trashed, because it's stupid.

#DestroyingmythsiswhatIdobecauseIamawinnerunlessIb etonKnoshownMorenototop1200yards.
oh bullshiat ....... but I think they have been beat down hard enough to stop
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

STFU! Seriously. Quit your whinning and crying!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
oh bullshiat ....... but I think they have been beat down hard enough to stop
lol. WHen were we beat down? our guy has led us to 7 wins in 9 starts and we may get into the playoffs which hometown zero Jay Cutler didn't do here. I think the fact that Tebow is improving is exciting.

Also, I think the defense carrying Tebow talk also got beatdown this Sunday if you really want to go there.

OUr team is improving, we are young, and I'm excited.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
STFU! Seriously. Quit your whinning and crying!
I have not whined. I have attacked haters. I'm cool with it.

If I was a p***Y, I'd change my name and hope no one remem....oh wait..
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Hey dip****, what exactly is your prize for being a believer all along? Why don't you cut out the fan police crap.

I don't expect want a prize, but this really wasn't about other fans. It's about other people who never gave him a chance (especially ones who are paid to analyze games).
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
lol. WHen were we beat down? our guy has led us to 7 wins in 9 starts and we may get into the playoffs which hometown zero Jay Cutler didn't do here. I think the fact that Tebow is improving is exciting.
agreed but it is also a team win , just like it is a team loss ...agreed ?

Quote:
Also, I think the defense carrying Tebow talk also got beatdown this Sunday if you really want to go there.
we won last week ?

Quote:
OUr team is improving, we are young, and I'm excited.
agreed 100% . I liked what I saw last week , started off strong , doing what we wanted on offense .... just have to work on mental mistakes .....
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #18
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
agreed but it is also a team win , just like it is a team loss ...agreed ?

we won last week ?

agreed 100% . I liked what I saw last week , started off strong , doing what we wanted on offense .... just have to work on mental mistakes .....
yes. I agree. I don't think Tebow is the sole reason we are winning either, but he's a huge part of it. When your team feels like there is always a chance to win it helps the energy level...

They rarely felt that under Orton, and it does have an effect on the whole team. That's been the most exciting thing for me by far and all I have ever defended.

just wanted to get that out there.

Last edited by OABB; 12-20-2011 at 12:14 PM..
Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
this is where you lose a lot of Teboners , I agree he is progressing nicely , showing a hellva lot of improvement , with a full training camp , preseason , he should be lights out next year ...... he just isnt right there yet
IDK,this may be his ceiling. his stats have been relatively the same over the last few games.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #20
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
IDK,this may be his ceiling. his stats have been relatively the same.
true. But he is improving the little things and this bodes well in my opinion. I have always believed that a person's ceiling is up to them and depends on how hard they prepare and practice. ALl indications show that he puts in the work. So there really is no reason to see that he may be hitting his ceiling now unless you are emotionally invested that he wont.

Let me research your post history. brb...
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

ohh....ok. I get it now.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #22
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
IDK,this may be his ceiling. his stats have been relatively the same over the last few games.
no it isnt , you just dont lean to read defenses week to week , when Tebow gets more confident , he will light it up
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
that's a pretty illogical take. this may be his ceiling with no off-season, no coaching, and the inability to spend night and day at Dove Valley watching tape and working with the greatest qb of all time.

give the guy some credit. guys like bellichick and others have said his football IQ is high and his skill set is unique. but not even the Duke could have an offseason like Tim's and be expected to fully develop. last year was basically a throw away, given the coach, playbook, and surrounding cast. if he regresses or flat out can't improve anymore, so be it, but i doubt that'll be the case for a guy that works this hard.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

I agree he is totally improving as a passer. Here he is in practice the other day:

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #25
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Tebow has definitely improved and at this rate with a full offseason should be a strong asset to the team.

The bigger problem is an OL that's really inconsistent in pass blocking and a DL that needs a real stud DT and DE that can push Ayers.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote