The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
BroncoBeavis

Default Middle Pressure

What can the Broncos do to generate more of a pass rush up the middle? From my south endzone seats it was frustratimg to watch Brady evade all that pressure from the outside by stepping up into a nice soft spot in the middle. Someone here predicted that would happen I remember.

Anyway, seems like we should've brought middle linebacker or safety up the middle more often. But I haven't seen any footage yet so maybe that was cut off somehow.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What can the Broncos do to generate more of a pass rush up the middle? From my south endzone seats it was frustratimg to watch Brady evade all that pressure from the outside by stepping up into a nice soft spot in the middle. Someone here predicted that would happen I remember.

Anyway, seems like we should've brought middle linebacker or safety up the middle more often. But I haven't seen any footage yet so maybe that was cut off somehow.
They were too busy watching the Patriots TEs run past them.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We still need some new guys on the front seven but the Pats have a great line this year.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

they were rushing 3 for teh first half of the game for some reason, they finally got a few hits on blitzes but they just didnt have the backside coverage or defensive gameplan to take this game.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
BroncoBeavis

Just don't understand it. You don't beat Brady by trying to cover all his guys. Especially with our secondary. Basically anyone not lined up against Champ is open.

You've got to hit him. Early and often.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
vonqkilla

Quote:

My key to game was bringing Von up the gut like vs Palmer.

Obviously I know more football than Dennis Allen because they showed it, but dropped Von to take away Welker slant, rushed 3, & Brady just waited for someone to uncover.

Not laughing...
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Just don't understand it. You don't beat Brady by trying to cover all his guys. Especially with our secondary. Basically anyone not lined up against Champ is open.

You've got to hit him. Early and often.
yep, they didnt bring any pressure until the 3rd.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just like Rodgers, you have to get pressure on him too since he has way too many weapons to choose from if given all day to wait for someone to get open. Playing for coverage rarely works on a team with many weapons in the passing game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

Any thought that Brady and the Patriots have made their living (and won superbowls) by doing exactly what you said. Brady is brilliant at pocket presence, one of the best in our generation. Also, the Patriots have been traditionally very solid in interior pass pro.

This is what the Patriots do.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote