The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #151
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Your argument loses and merit every time you cite married people should be getting laid. Getting married is what turned me to porn. I got some before that.


Might be true for some. Fair enough. Still, there's a time and a place, right?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #152
Grumps
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Didn't we learn anything from the last time we did this? I hope you'll be happy with yourself if the Broncos lose out.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #153
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I love that this has currently gone 6 pages further than it should have.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #154
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Serious question: Girls in bikinis/Cheerleaders = Porn?
Note they've dodged that question about 5 times already. TJ is throwing this out but claiming it's the current rules. If the avatars are acceptable, they would be acceptable in a post. If they're acceptable, boobs mojo just needs to be tamed. It must be because he's sick but this is a surprisingly lazy effort on TJ's part.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #155
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,823
Default

So the boob mojo thread from a few years back gets the boot and then the Broncos went into their worse period in franchise history.

I was in that game thread when Tebow got his first start against the Dolphins. The Broncos were down, some boob mojo went up, and the Broncos went on a magical ride.

If the Broncos miss the playoffs because of this I'm going to be so pissed off.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #156
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
When you allow homophobic slurs, misogynistic remarks, personal insults to people's faith - That's not an 'all ages forum'.

I make this reply not for your benefit but for those who have already agreed with me (both in this thread and privately)
People have agreed with me "privately," as well. Oh, and one publicly... the owner of the forum.

Once again, if you find it offensive... complain. Taco's clear and stated attempt is to make this family-friendly. He has banned people for violating those rules. If you think he's to lax, let him know.

But, you stating that breaking one rule is OK because some people seem to break others is child-like.

He's got a vision for his forum and he's set rules accordingly. Misinterpret it all you want, it won't change things.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #157
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Note they've dodged that question about 5 times already. TJ is throwing this out but claiming it's the current rules. If the avatars are acceptable, they would be acceptable in a post. If they're acceptable, boobs mojo just needs to be tamed. It must be because he's sick but this is a surprisingly lazy effort on TJ's part.
Posters that cry about the pictures can turn them off. It's that simple.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #158
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I love that this has currently gone 6 pages further than it should have.
This thread should have value to you because BCJ was able to invoke you in another thread. Seeing him keep your lover's quarrel alive is humorous enough to justify it.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #159
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
This thread should have value to you because BCJ was able to invoke you in another thread. Seeing him keep your lover's quarrel alive is humorous enough to justify it.
Stalkers gonna stalk.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #160
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Note they've dodged that question about 5 times already. TJ is throwing this out but claiming it's the current rules. If the avatars are acceptable, they would be acceptable in a post. If they're acceptable, boobs mojo just needs to be tamed. It must be because he's sick but this is a surprisingly lazy effort on TJ's part.
The pic that my 5 year old walked up on was two girls making out, holding each other's racks. Great stuff for adults... not so great for a 5 year old.
(And before anyone asks, NO... I didn't complain to TJ. I never said a peep.)

No one has dodged the question. Taco likely assumed the obvious... that people would try to outdo each other until the pics got over the line, which was obviously the case.

Anyway, I'm out. Not sure why I've even posted in this thread. It's simple logic and I'll get to see real boobs as soon as tonight! My best holiday boob-wishes to everyone here.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #161
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Note they've dodged that question about 5 times already. TJ is throwing this out but claiming it's the current rules. If the avatars are acceptable, they would be acceptable in a post. If they're acceptable, boobs mojo just needs to be tamed. It must be because he's sick but this is a surprisingly lazy effort on TJ's part.


Yea I still want to know if the standard Broncos cheerleader pics are allowed.
This is a test ... If this gets me banned I'll be salty . I want to know if stuff like this is allowed still . If not no biggy but as much as they are used by myself and others clarification would be nice.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #162
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,937

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post


Might be true for some. Fair enough. Still, there's a time and a place, right?
I think that's the whole point of boob mojo. I always have the time for it and I'm pretty sure I can always find a place for it too. Let's consider cake and boobs. What a beautiful combination. Truly inspiring. I like cake, I like boobs, combine the two and well, heaven.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #163
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The pic that my 5 year old walked up on was two girls making out, holding each other's racks. Great stuff for adults... not so great for a 5 year old.
(And before anyone asks, NO... I didn't complain to TJ. I never said a peep.)

No one has dodged the question. Taco likely assumed the obvious... that people would try to outdo each other until the pics got over the line, which was obviously the case.

Anyway, I'm out. Not sure why I've even posted in this thread. It's simple logic and I'll get to see real boobs as soon as tonight! My best holiday boob-wishes to everyone here.

I can't search as I'm on my phone but the old rule was no nipples. That's it. If he's updating rules then it's his place and his rules. I'm just saying the rules need clarified as outlawing boobs mojo is overly vague.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #164
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Post #161 has me thinking of going to Taco Bell and eating 2 tacos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #165
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

What a joke. What do some of these people want, anyway?

Okay, rule number one. Statute A: Chapter 1:

Don't show boobs (please see FAQs for definition of "boob"). However, this does not apply to cattle or other mammalians. If you are unsure of the acceptability of a boob picture, please submit said boob picture to the acceptance committee for review. You will be notified within thirty days if boob photo is within parameters of this statute. Male breasts will not be covered under this phase of the statute, although this may create an atmosphere of unfairness (in the case of Blart, for example). However, the committee is open to all suggestions at it's annual "Definition of Porn" meeting, aka "I know it when I see it." If some of the children on this site are unclear as to what posting a boob pic means, perhaps they should discuss this with a parent, or perhaps even consider the possibility that they are too young to be posting here? And for you old farts, you probably shouldn't be looking at this stuff anyway.

All members are encouraged to create a fifty page thread discussing the various permutations of this rule and haggle over their own appalling lack of discretion. Any constructive product from such a thread will be treated with the utmost solemnity it deserves.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #166
rmsanger
Ring of Famer
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I see there was an adhoc insertion of no boobs into the word of wisdom; henceforth is shall be:

The scripture discourages "hot drinks", the non-medicinal use of tobacco, the consumption of wine (excluding sacramental wine) or "strong drinks", and encourages using meat sparingly. The scripture also recommends the consumption of herbs, fruits, and grains, as well as grain-based "mild drinks". As practiced by the LDS Church, there is no firm restriction relating to meat consumption, but there are additional restrictions against narcotics, and all alcoholic beverages are forbidden, including beer. The LDS Church interprets "hot drinks" to mean coffee and tea. and no boobs!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #167
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
So the boob mojo thread from a few years back gets the boot and then the Broncos went into their worse period in franchise history.

I was in that game thread when Tebow got his first start against the Dolphins. The Broncos were down, some boob mojo went up, and the Broncos went on a magical ride.

If the Broncos miss the playoffs because of this I'm going to be so pissed off.
Oh No, this is not good news. Can't we re-visit this issue after the Broncos season.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #168
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Your argument loses and merit every time you cite married people should be getting laid. Getting married is what turned me to porn. I got some before that.
The force is strong with this one...
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #169
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Sorry dude. The whole "I should be able to surf at work argument is pretty weak IMO".
I totally disagree with this. The bulk of our traffic comes from people posting at work.

At the end of the day, we're not talking about a rule that's being changed. We're talking about re-affirming a rule that's been in place for a decade.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #170
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Yea I still want to know if the standard Broncos cheerleader pics are allowed.
This is a test ... If this gets me banned I'll be salty . I want to know if stuff like this is allowed still . If not no biggy but as much as they are used by myself and others clarification would be nice.


This is the loophole that I am powerless against, really. How could we ban anyone for posting a Broncos cheerleader? Even in a game thread, where a cheerleader post could be considered within the proper context?
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #171
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,937

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I totally disagree with this. The bulk of our traffic comes from people posting at work.

At the end of the day, we're not talking about a rule that's being changed. We're talking about re-affirming a rule that's been in place for a decade.
Am I the only one talking about boobs?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #172
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is the loophole that I am powerless against, really. How could we ban anyone for posting a Broncos cheerleader? Even in a game thread, where a cheerleader post could be considered within the proper context?
All I wanted ... carry on ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #173
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,328
Default

So if we are going to use mojo in a game thread , keep it to Broncos cheerleaders that don't require being censored to be shown on tv and we can have our cake and eat it to so to speak.... Simple compromise. If i'm correctly reading everything right.

Last edited by TDmvp; 12-19-2011 at 03:58 PM..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #174
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The birthday threads are fine and in context. We don't need scantily dressed women in game threads - they're out of place, they don't belong, they piss people off, especially me. As far as the avatars go, it's the same as ever. Keep it within the lines of decency, but once it reaches vulgar or ponrographic, mods will react.
That's more than fair. I only asked so it's entirely clear. I am not a huge fan of the plethora of boobs all over the place, but until Bobo and McGruber are permabanned, what can we do, really.

I will refrain from scantily clad girl pics even in the birthday threads, I will let South Stand keep up the Melissa tradition. I will just find more creative ways to celebrate birthdays. As a female, you'd think I would know better, but sometimes I think this board is turning me a little dude like. Just the other day for instance I had to shave my chest. Actually I participated mostly to tweak the guys, but it always always backfires on me.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #175
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Oh, I got it.... so, I shouldn't be able to ever see football-related or work-safe images because 4 jagovs can't get laid and have to post boob pics all day on a site that's clearly denoted as a family-friendly, football-related site?

Thanks for clearing it up.
This forum is not family-friendly, and it's not because of boob pics.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Denver Broncos