The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Carter and Moore

I think they have potential and I am in no way saying they won't be good...but these guys have got to learn how to tackle. Rahim Moore missed the tackle on Marion Barber last week when he scored, and then he missed one on Hernandez yesterday that turned about a 10 yard gain into a 20 yard gain.

Carter missed that tackle on Hernandez on the first third down of the game for New England yesterday that turned a 15 yard play into a 50 yard play
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Powderaddict

Agreed. We need better play from the safety position. They are rookies and I expect some growing pains, hopefully they learn a lot this season!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Moore, in particular, has been a disappointment.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I think they have potential and I am in no way saying they won't be good...but these guys have got to learn how to tackle. Rahim Moore missed the tackle on Marion Barber last week when he scored, and then he missed one on Hernandez yesterday that turned about a 10 yard gain into a 20 yard gain.

Carter missed that tackle on Hernandez on the first third down of the game for New England yesterday that turned a 15 yard play into a 50 yard play
They both are young, usually you don't have two rookies starting at both safety positions.

I don't think the Broncos need to give up on them, they both are Rookies who are learning in live games.. Maybe more pressure upfront would help.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
vonqkilla

Carter missed barber first, didn't set edge, etc...
Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
They both are young, usually you don't have two rookies starting at both safety positions.

I don't think the Broncos need to give up on them, they both are Rookies who are learning in live games.. Maybe more pressure upfront would help.
Definitely need more time, but good God, do they need to tackle.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

This is one of the reasons I want some secondary help from free agency, not just the draft. Rookies may or may not develop... and that takes time. We need some help immediately. I hope we look for a starter at CB in FA, and wouldn't even mind a veteran safety. We could still draft a CB and develop our other young players.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Both guys need to improve, but with the size, speed and athleticism of the Pat's TE's, Welker in the slot and Tom Brady directing the offense they were put into a tough spot yesterday.

The people that are saying OMGZ they suck, are being sort of reactionary. They are inconsistent, and have some things to work on like all of the young players on this team. But, you see flashes of the potential with both of them. Rahim Moore had a helluva nice tackle in space on 2nd and goal in which I thought it was going to be a walk in touchdown. Carter seems to try to blow guys up instead of making an efficient tackle, but he's also been pretty disruptive and aggressive in the box when called upon to do so.

Like Tebow, like Demaryius Thomas, like Decker, like Franklin, like Irving, both guys really need a full camp, preseason and another year before we can make definitive judgments. IMO, what this team needs to address in the off-season is talent upgrades of veteran players that have hit their ceilings. The team needs to draft young and more talented replacements for guys like Joe Mays, Andre Goodman and Marcus Thomas, all the while keeping veteran backups around for depth.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Carter is awesome. Both need more reps and experience.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Shotgun Willie

I personally refuse to give bad grades to any rookies in a lockout year. Especially those either not drafted in the first or those not expected to start right away anyway.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I thought Moore was better overall than he has been recently. Carter has been pretty solid for a rookie all year. They need to get better, of course, and I think they will.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
CEH
Ring of Famer

Carter and Moore are rookies but they don't know yet what it takes to be a professional football player. They need alot of work both in coverage and tackling. It's one thing to make metal mistakes but these guys are making mental along with the inability to tackle. I'm not too optimizitic that either is the future.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I thought Moore was better overall than he has been recently. Carter has been pretty solid for a rookie all year. They need to get better, of course, and I think they will.

If I had to grade Carter and Moore for yesterday, they would both get C's. Moore almost got his hands on a pick early, and Carter got a sack. It was not all bad. Its about what I expected when I heard Dawkins was out. I also noticed that Moore, Carter and McCarthy would recognize the play and then be unsure, and flip coverage, allowing 1st downs or big gains. They need to trust what they see.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

They both need to get better but at the same time, what did you expect yesterday against Brady and some great players on offense for the pats? Inexperience is a learning curve and corner you can't cut. The same patience required for Tebow's inexperience is showing up with our safeties, Orlando Franklin ect. Fans need to cool their jets and let the coaches do their job.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

It's not just Carter and Moore, every team in the league is talking about missed tackles. Every coach in the NFL that's interviewed after a game always start off with "we need to tackle better" and they all are blaming the shortened offseason, and I'm tired of hearing that crap.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Agreed. We need better play from the safety position. They are rookies and I expect some growing pains, hopefully they learn a lot this season!
this game showed how much we need Dawkins on the field. he is the one before the snap adjusting where everyone is lined up, he is a tackling machine and it would have prevented us from looking so young and lost in the secondary. against elite teams, a rookie secondary is just begging to be burnt.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #17
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
This is one of the reasons I want some secondary help from free agency, not just the draft. Rookies may or may not develop... and that takes time. We need some help immediately. I hope we look for a starter at CB in FA, and wouldn't even mind a veteran safety. We could still draft a CB and develop our other young players.
Yes, I feel we should explore FA for CB/S needs more so than other positions.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #18
beanerbronco
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brandstater

I think the team as a whole needed to tackle better, even champ who is known for his tackling abilities wiffed on the gronk badly. We definitely needed bdawk out there yesterday. Shorter week to prepare so we need to put this one past us quickly.
beanerbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #19
OrangeSe7en

Having 3 rookies playing together at the same time for the first time while going against Brady was less than ideal. But I also think another consideration is Von Miller's injury. He has had his moments the past couple of weeks but I think he's clearly slowed by his injury. He's far less relentless and his repertoire of moves doesn't seem to be there either. It's understandable but it still sucks.

Im also somewhat worried about the Buffalo game for this reason.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #20
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerbronco View Post
I think the team as a whole needed to tackle better, even champ who is known for his tackling abilities wiffed on the gronk badly. We definitely needed bdawk out there yesterday. Shorter week to prepare so we need to put this one past us quickly.
I think the poor tackling had a lot to do with being out of position. Goodman was talking about a lot of miscommunication, which I think was evident by poor angles and guys being a step slow at times.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The defense has shown when Miller isn't a factor or not in the game, they resemble the mess we have seen the previous few years. No pass rush, giving up long runs, players out of position, and receivers and TE's totally wide open. It is clear for this team to take the next step, they need more playmakers on defense and it can't all be dependent on Miller.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The defense has shown when Miller isn't a factor or not in the game, they resemble the mess we have seen the previous few years. No pass rush, giving up long runs, players out of position, and receivers and TE's totally wide open. It is clear for this team to take the next step, they need more playmakers on defense and it can't all be dependent on Miller.
That seems to be entirely dependent on Dawkins playing or not. We need to find or bring in a younger guy to be that kind of field general.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #23
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Moore, in particular, has been a disappointment.
Four words......UCLA
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #24
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
That seems to be entirely dependent on Dawkins playing or not. We need to find or bring in a younger guy to be that kind of field general.
True, Dawkins out made a difference too, hopefully he can help mentor the young safeties.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #25
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

They are rookies...I fully expected growing pains. At least we have Dawk around to coach them up a little bit. Moore has been injured. Carter is doing better than I expected.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote