The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Vine

Default Denver can clinch playoffs next week

It has been said that Denver can win the AFC West with a victory in week 17 at home against KC, regardless of what happens next week.

However, if Denver beats Buffalo next week, they can clinch the AFC West if Oakland loses at Kansas City!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

It's too bad the order of our last 2 games isn't reversed......if we played KC this week, and beat them.....we could rest our starters vs. Buffalo in the final week.

As it is.....we still have to try to beat Buffalo....IN CASE we lost to KC.....and still hope for some help.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
It has been said that Denver can win the AFC West with a victory in week 17 at home against KC, regardless of what happens next week.

However, if Denver beats Buffalo next week, they can clinch the AFC West if Oakland loses at Kansas City!
Nice. However, I would prefer if they win out. KC might be tuff if they play the inspired ball like they did against the Pack.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Would we have tiebreakers against SD if we beat Buffalo but lose to KC? Could leave us both at 9-7, and 3-3 in the division.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Would we have tiebreakers against SD if we beat Buffalo but lose to KC? Could leave us both at 9-7, and 3-3 in the division.
Yes....according to Yahoo generator. OP is right. If we beat Buffalo this week, and Oakland loses (again) @ Kansas City.....then we win the division.

I hope this happens.....I'd like to see us rest our players, at least part of the game vs. KC, as long as it's a meaningless game.....health is more important, especially since we won't have a bye.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Exactly, I wan't to win this game on Saturday at Buffalo and will be rooting for KC. I would love to go in to that final game with our division wrapped up.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
Exactly, I wan't to win this game on Saturday at Buffalo and will be rooting for KC. I would love to go in to that final game with our division wrapped up.
Yup. Not that I want to lose to KC in front of the home crowd.....but rest for our dinged up players would be nice.....I can put pride aside for a meaningless regular season game...

Let KC win their "superbowl"....if it means getting our guys healthier.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We get to root for Orton and Tebow on Sunday.

Finally, the Bronco fans are united!
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
MacGruder

Spekaing of which.. is Kyle Orton the anti-christ?

He puts the Broncos in a hole with his 4-1 start and then goes to a another team to come back and try to keep them out of the playoffs..

And since he just needs to play in a couple games his terrible durability isn't an issue.. he's cherry picking..

And he also is playing with balls on another team for once.. something he never did when he was simply trying to protect his stating job.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post

He puts the Broncos in a hole with his 4-1 start and then goes to a another team to come back and try to keep them out of the playoffs..

And since he just needs to play in a couple games his terrible durability isn't an issue.. he's cherry picking..

And he also is playing with balls on another team for once.. something he never did when he was simply trying to protect his stating job.
actually Orton did yesterday what he was so enamored for here, drove them between the 20's, putting up nice stats and never really doing much else

sorry, but KC's D won that game for them, although I do love that he will continue to start for them based on the same crap that kept him starting here
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

And I think the only way for San Diego to win the division....if for them to win out AND Denver to lose out AND Oakland to lose out.

San Diego is hanging by a thread.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #12
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

So, I was looking, and I think the Broncos actually have a decent shot at the #3 playoff seed, although it would require a bit of luck.
Texans could very well lose to Indy and the Titans to fall to 10-6. We win out, and go 10-6, we're the #3 seed and looking at a rematch between either the Bengals, Jets, Titans, Raiders.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
So, I was looking, and I think the Broncos actually have a decent shot at the #3 playoff seed, although it would require a bit of luck.
Texans could very well lose to Indy and the Titans to fall to 10-6. We win out, and go 10-6, we're the #3 seed and looking at a rematch between either the Bengals, Jets, Titans, Raiders.
Yeah, you're right.....we win out and Houston loses out....we get the 3 seed.

I just don't see Houston losing to both Indy and Tennessee......
Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #14
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

Make that Saturday.
SpringStein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

ok that was good
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

1-4
Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
OrangeSe7en

Quote:

Yeah, I can see Orton getting up for the game against us in a way that he didn't do while he was here. And then people will try to play it off like some mistake was made but we all know he stunk when he was here. It's more like, "you got traded because you played like garbage and this is on you, Kyle".
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #18
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
And I think the only way for San Diego to win the division....if for them to win out AND Denver to lose out AND Oakland to lose out.

San Diego is hanging by a thread.
What about making it as a wild card?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #19
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
What about making it as a wild card?
I don't believe they can because Cincy and Jets hold tie breakers over them.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #20
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I'm surprised there weren't any strange betting patterns discovered after that result yesterday because Aaron Rodgers played like a **** and so did the majority of his receivers. I'd have the NFL double checking their big bank accounts right about now.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I don't believe they can because Cincy and Jets hold tie breakers over them.
But what if they both lose out (looking it up)?

OK, yeah, if SD wins out, they end up at 9-7. If the Jets and Bengals lose out, they end up at 8-8.

Cincy: Arizona, Baltimore
NYJ: NYGiants, @Miami

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 12-19-2011 at 11:33 AM..
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
canadianbroncosfan

Yeah I guess, they'd be 9-7 and the other two would be 8-8. I guess yes it is possible however they need four teams for lose out.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Yeah I guess, they'd be 9-7 and the other two would be 8-8. I guess yes it is possible however they need four teams for lose out.
Yeah, but none of them can be considered "easy" games. I agree that it's unlikely theyll go 0-4 combined. That NYG-NYJ game is going to be a bloodbath this weekend. They're both in the same situation.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Yeah, but none of them can be considered "easy" games. I agree that it's unlikely theyll go 0-4 combined. That NYG-NYJ game is going to be a bloodbath this weekend. They're both in the same situation.
Actually just saw that Titans are ahead of them too so they must hold a tie breaker. So they need five teams to go 0-2 the last two weeks.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #25
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Actually just saw that Titans are ahead of them too so they must hold a tie breaker. So they need five teams to go 0-2 the last two weeks.
But Tennessee wouldnt need to lose out. Tennessee is only in the discussion with San Diego (assuming SD wins out) if Tennessee also wins out. Tennessee has to play Houston still.