The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Tebow Ties a Record

This morning, just out of curiousity, I googled "Longest sack in NFL history." This is what I found at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...in_NFL_history

The longest sack in NFL history was 29 yards. In 1972, Miami Dolphins QB Bob Griese was sacked for a 29 yard loss in Super Bowl VI by Dallas Cowboys DT Bob Lilly.

That record was tied on Dec 18, 2011 when Denver QB Tim Tebow was sacked by New England Patriot's LB Rob Ninkovich for a 29 yard loss.

They get this stuff updated pretty quickly.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Great thread.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
lolcopter

Damn, one yard short of the record

Next time Tim!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
MacGruder

I think it's awesome Tebow was fighting like it was the superbowl in this game.. Orton would have dink and dunked to ensure a loss there..
Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Damn, one yard short of the record

Next time Tim!!!
lol

If there is a next time, make sure it is in a blowout like this one.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Orton would've stopped for a shot of jack around yard 14.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think it's awesome Tebow was fighting like it was the superbowl in this game.. Orton would have dink and dunked to ensure a loss there..
**** you are nuts Mac. That was a dumb ass play and cost us 30 yards, and you still find a way to praise Tebow for it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
DrFate
Lord of Order

It was 4th and 17. Down 18 points. Under 4 minutes left.

If he took an 80 yard sack - wtf cares?
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
**** you are nuts Mac. That was a dumb ass play and cost us 30 yards, and you still find a way to praise Tebow for it.
cant believe I am going to do this ..........But the shiat sucking goofball is right , it was that never say die attitude that got Elway to the H.O.F. ....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Great thread.
Great dumbass.

Rent a sense of humor, dimwit.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What would have been the better option for Tebow? Throw it away and end the game without trying? It was a bad play by the offense, Tebow didn't really do anything wrong though. Defenders were on him right away. He can't just throw it away on fourth down.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
MacGruder

Quote:
Tebow didn't care about stats.. it would have been stupid if he just dunked the ball right there to :"look" good.. his team didn't protect him and he did everything he could to salvage the play.. sometimes you get burned but if you don't play aggressive you have no chance of winning.. your mentality is like Fox's... take no risks and ensure losing..

What you are saying is like worrying about an interception stat on a hail mary... and then attacking your QB for throwing a hail mary and saying they shouldn't have gotten a pick..
Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
It was 4th and 17. Down 18 points. Under 4 minutes left.

If he took an 80 yard sack - wtf cares?
Cares? Nobody cares, other than it was one of the funnier things I've ever seen in a game, and by that time in that game, it was a welcome relief.

Pretty cool that it hasn't been done since 1972. If I remember correctly, that was the year the Dolphins had the undefeated season, so nobody cared then either.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Cares? Nobody cares
I was more responding to canadianbroncosfan's horrible take.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

I thought they didn't start counting sacks until the 80s.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
You are an idiot. Tebow kept trying to make a play and took a bad sack when he couldn't find an open receiver ( again ) on a 4th and forever with the game hopelessly out of reach. It was another example of how he keeps believing and never gives up on his team, or teammates during plays.

Those kind of plays and that kind of belief are a good part of the reason the team has won 7 of the last 9 games. And it was only his 12th start in the NFL.

I suppose you think that when the ball came loose in the end zone Tebow "should" have swatted it out of the back of the end zone, instead of picking it up and passing it to avoid the safety> That would have been the SMART play.

Loser!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #17
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

BUT YOU GUYS! HE WAS JUST TRYING TO KEEP THE PLAY ALIVE!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102244
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
You are an idiot. Tebow kept trying to make a play and took a bad sack when he couldn't find an open receiver ( again ) on a 4th and forever with the game hopelessly out of reach. It was another example of how he keeps believing and never gives up on his team, or teammates during plays.

Those kind of plays and that kind of belief are a good part of the reason the team has won 7 of the last 9 games. And it was only his 12th start in the NFL.

I suppose you think that when the ball came loose in the end zone Tebow "should" have swatted it out of the back of the end zone, instead of picking it up and passing it to avoid the safety> That would have been the SMART play.

Loser!
Instead what, an epic fail that he will be criticized for. He ran the wrong way the entire time, trying to avoid a sack that inevitably happened and wasn't even looking to make a play.

And yeah he totally should have conceded the safety, why not? Idiot.

What did he gain from that play other than looking foolish and tying the record for longest sack. Yes I understand it was fourth down and blah blah blah but all it did is give the haters ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFyaDpUIrk

Pause the video at 0:05 seconds and look at the GIANT hole to the left. I'd rather his try and rush in the right direction and come up a few yards short than going the wrong way for -28 yards. I'm not blaming the loss on Tebow, he played great but accept the fact that sometime he CAN make mistakes. You said it yourself, it's his 12th start, I can accept mistakes. I can't accept people praising mistakes.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #19
Broncbow

2 TD'S NEARLY 300 YARDS... IS THAT A RECORD FOR THIS SEASON?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #20
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It would have been cooler if he'd gotten the record. I have no problem with the play, btw, there is no point in giving up. Shows everyone that he cares more about wins than stats.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #21
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Instead what, an epic fail that he will be criticized for. He ran the wrong way the entire time, trying to avoid a sack that inevitably happened and wasn't even looking to make a play.

And yeah he totally should have conceded the safety, why not? Idiot.

What did he gain from that play other than looking foolish and tying the record for longest sack. Yes I understand it was fourth down and blah blah blah but all it did is give the haters ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFyaDpUIrk

Pause the video at 0:05 seconds and look at the GIANT hole to the left. I'd rather his try and rush in the right direction and come up a few yards short than going the wrong way for -28 yards. I'm not blaming the loss on Tebow, he played great but accept the fact that sometime he CAN make mistakes. You said it yourself, it's his 12th start, I can accept mistakes. I can't accept people praising mistakes.
The point is that Tebow not giving up on plays is part of his nature. You can't have the good part of it and not accept the bad that sometimes happen. Yes he needs to play smarter at times, but he will learn to do that with more experience and a BETTER team around him. For now, he gives us a chance to win in circumstances that otheres ( Orton ) would have given up on. I respect him for that even though the stats show that as a negative.

When TT starts to get more concerned with his stats than his results it may not be a good thing. Since he is still learning I will give him a pass on that play. If he is still doing that in his 3rd or 4th years after a full off season of prep and (hopefully ) some other playmakers on his offense then I'll criticise him too.

And while swatting the ball out of the end zone would have been the correct play by MOST Qbs it showed some awareness of just how critical it was to not give up points to the Patriots at that time. It ended up meaning less becaude the Defense gave up too many points later....but it was important at the time and actually a great play to avoid the safety then .

On the other hand it was another Tebow mistake to put the ball on the ground on that play to begin with. He needs to start having better ball security under rush.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
Broncbow

Waited way too long to unleash The Tebow

Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
The point is that Tebow not giving up on plays is part of his nature. You can't have the good part of it and not accept the bad that sometimes happen. Yes he needs to play smarter at times, but he will learn to do that with more experience and a BETTER team around him. For now, he gives us a chance to win in circumstances that otheres ( Orton ) would have given up on. I respect him for that even though the stats show that as a negative.

When TT starts to get more concerned with his stats than his results it may not be a good thing. Since he is still learning I will give him a pass on that play. If he is still doing that in his 3rd or 4th years after a full off season of prep and (hopefully ) some other playmakers on his offense then I'll criticise him too.

And while swatting the ball out of the end zone would have been the correct play by MOST Qbs it showed some awareness of just how critical it was to not give up points to the Patriots at that time. It ended up meaning less becaude the Defense gave up too many points later....but it was important at the time and actually a great play to avoid the safety then .

On the other hand it was another Tebow mistake to put the ball on the ground on that play to begin with. He needs to start having better ball security under rush.
I wasn't knocking his will, and I'm not anti-Tebow. But there was a smarter option available, he missed it. I don't care about his stats and I'm glad he doesn't either however I'm also not going to praise him for making a mistake. I accept it and like I pointed out, mistakes happen so does ****. I take the good with the bad, but it doesn't mean we can willfully be blind to the mistakes.

And I hope you understand my sarcasm with the whole safety thing, that was determination and presence of mind that your right, most QBs would have conceded on.

And yes the ball control thing can be better, I don't think you're an idiot for pointing out a Tebow weakness.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #24
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It was 4th down you dip****.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I agree with this 100%
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote