The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Default Will Ryan Clady...

ever return to his all pro form.

The biggest regression of a player I have ever seen albeit due to a very serious injury.

HIs rookie year, he was one of the best if not the best offensive lineman and looked like a surefire HOF.

Now the drop off is so scary that I'm not sure he's the same player anymore.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Doesn't look like it. His lateral quickness has been pretty much shot since he tore his PCL playing basketball. I think he's still a pretty good tackle all in all. He just won't, week-in and week-out, shut down the game's best pass rushers like he did that first twenty or so games.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

it looks to me like hes out of shape...hes looked pretty sloppy physically since last year compaired to his rookie season
Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Give him another season, i bet he's in better shape with a full off season of OTAs, and training camps. I think its obvious watching the whole NFL, lots of these guys don't keep themselves in football shape, the teams do.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I think you give the guy a pass this year. He has been paying well enough, and I do believe that much if his issues stem from his injury. If we look back to the original "diagnosis" threads, many expected he wouldn't be able to play at all this year. Combine that with starting his first few years as a pure pass blocker, then transitioning this year to a 75% power running offense and you are making many demands from a guy in his situation.

Let him have a proper offseason to rehab and build with this group, Clady will be fine.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

How long has it been since he had surgery?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

I think he is playing hurt.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
DENVERDUI55

I don't think he is hurt just isn't as good as we thought.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
+1 . He really hasn't been dominant since his rookie season, and has been worse this year, after a ho hum season the last two. If he doesn't get better next year then its time to consider a replacement, as he is giving up ground too much and getting pushed back consistently. Maybe move him to guard to replace Beadles, instead of Franklin, as Franklin is at least going upside, and is a rookie. Franklin should get even better next year, and we haven't been able to RUN to Cladys side at all this year.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Eddie Royal syndrome

Light it up until opponents get game film on you and adjust the way they attack you. Your response: don't change a thing and regress as a result.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

He's gone from an elite level LT to a mid level LT. He's ok but nothing special and I doubt it has anything to do with his injury but who knows?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Give him another season, i bet he's in better shape with a full off season of OTAs, and training camps. I think its obvious watching the whole NFL, lots of these guys don't keep themselves in football shape, the teams do.
Seems like the case to me.

He lost all of the 2010 OTAs and camp due to his injury, and rushed back on the field from it in the first place.

All of the 2011 off-season was effectively lost to CBA renegotiation.

Most knee ligament damage does take a full season to rebound back from and that is when a guy has the full off-season of strength and conditioning work at the team facility to rebound with.

The 2011 Denver Broncos are really just a tease for what the 2012 Denver Broncos might be, and Clady is just another one of the many teases. If given a full off-season and another year removed from the knee injury he bounces back to elite level LT play it will be a huge pick up for this team.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-Freak View Post
ever return to his all pro form.

The biggest regression of a player I have ever seen albeit due to a very serious injury.

HIs rookie year, he was one of the best if not the best offensive lineman and looked like a surefire HOF.

Now the drop off is so scary that I'm not sure he's the same player anymore.
Maybe he has a nagging injury we don't know about? Hopefully he returns to form by next year. He's looked average since coming back from his injury.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

He is who we thought he was.....

He is not the elite Tackle we all hoped he was going to be. Could be worse, He could end up like Robert Gallery.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Imo he needs to heal more ota's. Maybe he lacks the nasty some great OL have in them.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
He is who we thought he was.....

He is not the elite Tackle we all hoped he was going to be. Could be worse, He could end up like Robert Gallery.
Gallery is probably a top 5 guard in this league. I'd consider taking that over a middle of the road (at best) tackle.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Meh, count me in the group that thinks he's still playing hurt or at least not 100%. I'd use Doom as an example....it was very clear starting the year that he wasn't completley healed until the second half of the season after which you could see his play dramaticaly improve.

If Clady doesn't recover his form next season, might be time to look for other options, but still not a top concern of mine heading into next season.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote