The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default Jeremiah Johnson????

What happened to Jeremiah Johnson?

He had that one 25 yd run where he showed a nice burst and we don't see him again for the rest of the game.....I thought for sure he would see the ball more after McGahee got hurt and Ball fumbled

did I miss something did he get hurt on that one run?

I feel like he needs to get some more snaps hes got more speed than any of our RBs and something that could flourish in this offense is speedy threat at RB, because we get so many wide open holes and spring big runs but most of the time its just a big gain instead of a run to the endzone for 6, I know I am going a little off topic here but do you guys feel we lack a breakaway player at RB? I know JJ isn't the fastest but hes got some nice speed.

Last edited by KevinJames; 12-19-2011 at 02:13 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

He deserves a shot...
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
canadianbroncosfan

Yeah was wondering that, especially after the Ball fumble. A guy has a great, long rush and gets benched as a reward? Fox, you're doing it wrong.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

that Ball fumble was a good play by the defense
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Not sure what's going on with JJ. Maybe it's a case where he just isn't picking the plays up fast enough or something. He's had some nice moments. I think Ball has had some nice moments also but I'd lean towards JJ since I do think he's got that extra burst.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Not sure what's going on with JJ. Maybe it's a case where he just isn't picking the plays up fast enough or something. He's had some nice moments. I think Ball has had some nice moments also but I'd lean towards JJ since I do think he's got that extra burst.
Seemed like there was a play where he thought he was supposed to be in (after his big run) and the sideline was calling for him to come out, and he wasn't very happy about it.

Don't remember seeing much from him after that point. Not sure what's going on there. I'd definitely like to see him get more touches, but I've said that before
Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

If Shanahan was the coach, we would've seen a heavy dose of Johnson yesterday thats for sure. That guy could not stand a RB fumbling the ball.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He must be missing assignments. Why else wouldn't they have used him after the Ball fumble?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Paladin
Ring of Famer

He ran the read option at Oregon.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #10
Drek
Ring of Famer

I'm sure there is something about Johnson v. Ball that makes them keep going to Ball. Because it sure isn't a matter of athleticism. I recall one play in particular yesterday where Ball spun away from a tackle and had about 5 yards of open field before the next defender. He still hadn't gotten a good head of steam built up by the time he got there. Dude has no burst at all. plodding between the tackles type who isn't as big and powerful as those guys need to be.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #11
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
If Shanahan was the coach, we would've seen a heavy dose of Johnson yesterday thats for sure. That guy could not stand a RB fumbling the ball.
Fox is a horrible coach. how incompetent can you get?

Last edited by Broncbow; 12-20-2011 at 04:40 AM..