The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Default Jason in LA Jr had a good football season

My son is now a sophomore in high school, and he had a good year on his team. 52 catches for 904 and 16 touchdowns. He also returned a punt for an 80 yard touchdown.

I was extremely happy with the way things turned out this year, compared to last year, but he did all that on the JV team, so I'm not letting all that get to his head. If he does that next year on varsity, then that's a real accomplishment. He worked really hard over the offseason. He ran track, and worked with a QB/WR coach and two speed coaches. Growing two inches, gaining about 15 lbs, and becoming a lot faster also helped a ton. As a freshman he only caught three passes for 42 yards. His training heading into next year is going to be a lot more intense. The great thing is that he's ready to jump right into all of it. I'm not pushing him at all. He's 6' and 150 lbs. Runs about a 4.6 40. The goal heading into next season is to be at at least 165, but I'd like to see him get into the 170s, and run a 4.5 40. He's lifting weights and eating a lot more to achieve those goals.

Here is his highlight video. We were lucky to get what we got, because the varsity coach rolls out the good video equipment for that team, but not the JV team. One of the JV coaches had his girlfriend tape the games. She did a decent job, but we don't have a lot of his big plays, like the 91 yard TD he had off a bomb, or a couple other big time plays. Another thing, I'm going to redo the video. That intro song sucks. Jr and his uncle made the video.

Here are some photos.

80 yard punt return. He scored five TDs in this game.

This TD was from about 30 yards out. Looks like the CB is signaling touchdown. Well he did have the best view of the catch. lol

45 yard TD.

This TD was from about 35 yards out. He just ran a streak and ran right by the CB. It almost looked like pregame warm ups.

This was a really difficult catch. Went for about 45 yards. He twisted his body to adjust to the ball. He was tackled about 5 yards later.

He also played defense. Had three ints. This one he returned about 50 yards, down to about the 10 yard line.

Here he's running a route against Titus Young just before NFL players reported to camp. A couple other NFL players and some PAC-12 guys were at this workout. Jr. was the only high school kid there. Because of my job he's able to get into a lot of training sessions with big time athletes, and he's going to a lot of camps and clinics for free. A number of coaches hit me up and want to work with him because I'll write an article on them.

Took this photo of him shortly after his freshman season.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 12-16-2011 at 10:07 AM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Awesome!!!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Awesome!

The only thing I say is get him a different colored chin strap, he looks like he's got a bushy goatee going on there
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

can we sign him to the broncos
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Shotgun Willie

No shots of him Tebowing?!?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

With the first overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

For motivation have him read Failure is not an Option.

Great read man! Keep up the good work. raising kids is hard.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Excellent....... except for the USC colors.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Agamemnon

Kid's got jets for his age. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
With the first overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select...
Here's hoping he's undervalued and end's up being drafted by an actual NFL team.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
can we sign him to the broncos
I'm loving the wins we're getting, but I don't know about sending this kid to the Broncos during the Tebow era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
My first thought was hell no! But then I thought, wait, first overall pick in the draft? I can live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
No shots of him Tebowing?!?
Nope, but he did do the Heisman pose after one of his TDs in the five TD game. Surprisingly he did not get flagged for that, but he was later flagged in the game for taunting. He had already scored four TDs, one off the punt return. The other team punted the ball short, so he didn't field it. A kid (defensive back) yelled at Jr, "You're scared!" because he didn't field the ball. Jr was like, and I'm paraphrasing, "What!?!? I scored four touchdowns today...(pointing at the kid) on you!!!!" The ref flags him for a personal foul. Three plays later he scored on a 45 yard corner pattern. In the endzone he yelled at the kid as the ref was telling him to just go to the sidelines. lol
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

He looks alot like his father. Great job on Junior Jason..... Jason
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Kid's got jets for his age. Good luck.
Yes, he's fast, but he still has one goal that he hasn't accomplished. He still is not faster than me. I'm 35 and still have a lot of my speed from being a hurdler in college. We train together because the track at his high school is being redone, and the track coach isn't starting practice until next month, which is too late of a start for the track season. We're competing every workout, and he should finally be faster than me by early next year. But I do let him know about it every time I roll on him.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

NICE!!!!
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Looked great and the QB is probably also an underclassmen, good things to come!!!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Excellent....... except for the USC colors.
Funny thing, we're a UCLA family. My pops, all of my siblings, and I went to UCLA or at least spent time there. Jr has been a UCLA fan too. But I recently saw him wearing a USC sweatshirt. I was like, "Really, it's like that?!?!" He smiled and was like yeah, sorry man, they're winning.

Really, I couldn't even be mad at it. I don't blame him, I blame UCLA for that one. You don't hear any local big time football players dreaming about playing at UCLA, but I always see them wearing USC gear. UCLA has totally lost an entire generation. If Jr becomes good enough to be recruited by both schools, I'm going to have to swallow that pride and send the kid over to the dark side. So I'm really hoping UCLA can get there act together within the next couple years.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
DrFate
Lord of Order

Looks like he has better hands than the current Broncos receivers...

Keep up the good work
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Yes, he's fast, but he still has one goal that he hasn't accomplished. He still is not faster than me. I'm 35 and still have a lot of my speed from being a hurdler in college. We train together because the track at his high school is being redone, and the track coach isn't starting practice until next month, which is too late of a start for the track season. We're competing every workout, and he should finally be faster than me by early next year. But I do let him know about it every time I roll on him.
Seems he's definitely got some athletic genes if his dad can run a sub-4.6 at 35 years old after years of not being a competitive runner. Good for him. Hard work and genetics is what it's all about in football, and he seems to have plenty of both.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #19
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I hope he makes it I'm putting my son in baseball and Hockey
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

good stuff....as long as it doesnt go to his head he'll have big things coming his way

btw, its always great to have somebody that puts in the time and effort to film and edit these things...major props to the team's coaches and friends
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Where did Fairfax even play their homegames this year. Maybe im wrong, but wasn't that field a construction site all fall? (or this is a diff fairfax high!)
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #22
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

We should have a mini-forum/sub-forum dedicated to this sort of thing. My passion for the Broncos is definitely a big part of my Sundays, but the rest of the week is dedicated to my kids and their accomplishments... both academically and athletically.

Right now, I am focused on teaching the kids (12 year olds) the importance of positive thought and to maintain focus. Most kids that play competitive sports have plenty of natural athletic ability. Its having the ability to utilize fundementals and good mechanics when pressure is mounting that is tricky. I think that transitions to any sport and everyday life.

Perfect example of what I taught my kids regarding positive thought vs negative thought. "If I told you that your big toe was funny looking, you would wonder everytime you put your socks on if your toe was really funny looking. Negative thoughts would prevent you from wearing sandals even. What's worse, you can do it to yourself. If you step up to the free throw line with negative thoughts your mind will take those thoughts, multiply them, and prevent your success. Your mind is either your greatest asset or your greatest obstacle."

Haven't figured out how exactly to emphasize this yet. I like the Roy Williams school of though of using a 7:1 ratio of compliments (put ups) to critiques (put downs). But that doesn't explain the phsycology to the kids either.

Thoughts?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Nope, but he did do the Heisman pose after one of his TDs in the five TD game. Surprisingly he did not get flagged for that, but he was later flagged in the game for taunting. He had already scored four TDs, one off the punt return. The other team punted the ball short, so he didn't field it. A kid (defensive back) yelled at Jr, "You're scared!" because he didn't field the ball. Jr was like, and I'm paraphrasing, "What!?!? I scored four touchdowns today...(pointing at the kid) on you!!!!" The ref flags him for a personal foul. Three plays later he scored on a 45 yard corner pattern. In the endzone he yelled at the kid as the ref was telling him to just go to the sidelines. lol
Diva WRs....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #24
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Congats Jason My kid is 17 and not a felon
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Where did Fairfax even play their homegames this year. Maybe im wrong, but wasn't that field a construction site all fall? (or this is a diff fairfax high!)
They played all their home games at Belmont, right outside of Downtown. Fairfax is getting a new turf field and all weather track. Fairfax is a big time basketball school (usually nationally ranked), so it has been annoying that other sports at the school have been neglected. If they can build a great basketball team why can't they do the same for football? But this new field and track should help to attract some better athletes. Their weight room has been upgraded big time. But it is still on the coaches to build something great. The facilities, when compared to other public schools, should not be an issue anymore.