The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default reactions to Brock Osweiler draft pick

John Elway:

Denver Brockos:

Drek:

Errand:

Jack Elway:

Caleb Hanie:

Last edited by Gort; 05-01-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Denver Brockos

Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Turd_Ferguson

I like it. Everyone keeps talking about how Manning is only here for a few years and its win now. Thats stupid. Good franchises want to win all the time. Osweiler needs work, and hopefully they will have him ready to go by the time Manning is ready to step down. If in the next two years Osweiler doesn't improve. Draft another QB.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Me...

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
I like it. Everyone keeps talking about how Manning is only here for a few years and its win now. Thats stupid. Good franchises want to win all the time. Osweiler needs work, and hopefully they will have him ready to go by the time Manning is ready to step down. If in the next two years Osweiler doesn't improve. Draft another QB.
Yep. Osweiler is a pick that covers a lot of bases. If Manning doesn't pan out for health reasons you have Osweiler as the projected QBOTF goiung into 2013 with a year under his belt.

If Manning play 3 more years, you either have Osweiler, still only 24 with Aaron Rodgers type experience taking over the position. If it's obvious after a couple years that he's not going to develop into a franchise guy, you move on.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

He was inevitable. But I did not like where he was taken. It's like when Tebow was taken at #25, I do not believe there were other teams scrambling to get him
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
He was inevitable. But I did not like where he was taken. It's like when Tebow was taken at #25, I do not believe there were other teams scrambling to get him
There would have been. That was his average value going into the draft and someone would have taken him in the next 15 picks or so IMHO.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Meh. Perhaps, but you can say that about 70 guys every draft, but you can't say it with any authority because we just have no idea. If you like a guy and he's there, you take him, and if there is a position to stretch a little for, a QBOTF is the place to do it.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

me

then

bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
No way Osweiler was going to make it out of the 2nd round, If Osweiler would have stayed in school he would be talked about as one of the top 3 QBs coming out in the 2013 draft. So instead of playing out his senior year at Arizona State, he can learn from the Broncos.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
There would have been. That was his average value going into the draft and someone would have taken him in the next 15 picks or so IMHO.
I agree. I watched a few ASU games, and said half way through last year that I really liked the kid. I think it was a surprise to a lot of people that he came out, although a very justifiable move given the coaching change and the fact that Barkley and Jones both stayed in school.

I think there's too much upside with Brock to think he would have fallen much further.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Me:
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
me

then

these apply to alot of us.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I like the pick, I understand the pick, just don't know anything about the guy. He can't be any worse than Hanie right? If Manning goes down it's a crap shoot on the next guy up. I've seen Hanie and there's not much there.

Manning
Osweiller
Weber - I just want to see the guy get a chance
Ball boy
Backup Center
Cheerleader
ORTON
Hanie

Brady Quinn still sucks.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

ME

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Love this thread!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
I like the pick, I understand the pick, just don't know anything about the guy. He can't be any worse than Hanie right? If Manning goes down it's a crap shoot on the next guy up. I've seen Hanie and there's not much there.

Manning
Osweiller
Weber - I just want to see the guy get a chance
Ball boy
Backup Center
Cheerleader
ORTON
Hanie

Brady Quinn still sucks.
Lets be honest, if Manning goes down Osweiler ain't coming in. Sorry, it will either be Hanie or Weber.

Again, Osweiler is not ready. As in NOT READY.

Again, Osweiler is a project and you don't sacrifice your project at the alter of "salvage this season without Manning." Not gonna happen. If Manning goes down it's Hanie time. Maybe, just barely maybe if Osweiler some how shows the coaching staff he's light years ahead of where he should be, maybe the Broncos put him in for a few games at the end of the season. Maybe.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Need to lock him in for at least a 4-year rookie contract.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-01-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

What I love about Osweiler is that he seems to have a genuine humility about him.

Tebow's humility always seems somewhat contrived.

I know Osweiler is thinking in the back of his mind "I'm eventually going to start and I'm going to be an all-pro and a super bowl winner," but I love how he's completely embraced his role as a backup to Manning and a total project for the team. I think he's smart enough to understand that this is a perfect situation for him.

I like it, too, because I've always wanted a tall QB. I think I've felt that could always be a benefit for a QB at the NFL level - not having to move the pocket to find passing lanes. Now we have two tall QBs - 6'5" Manning and 6'7" Osweiler.

This was my favorite pick of the draft.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Lets be honest, if Manning goes down Osweiler ain't coming in. Sorry, it will either be Hanie or Weber.

Again, Osweiler is not ready. As in NOT READY.

Again, Osweiler is a project and you don't sacrifice your project at the alter of "salvage this season without Manning." Not gonna happen. If Manning goes down it's Hanie time. Maybe, just barely maybe if Osweiler some how shows the coaching staff he's light years ahead of where he should be, maybe the Broncos put him in for a few games at the end of the season. Maybe.
Yeah, if Manning goes down, we're going to lose a lot of games. Osweiler has a ton of potential, but he's definitely a developmental guy. He only has 15 starts in college, and throwing him to the wolves trying to salvage a dead season would, imo, hurt his development.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
What I love about Osweiler is that he seems to have a genuine humility about him.

I know Osweiler is thinking in the back of his mind "I'm eventually going to start and I'm going to be an all-pro and a super bowl winner," but I love how he's completely embraced his role as a backup to Manning and a total project for the team. I think he's smart enough to understand that this is a perfect situation for him.

I like it, too, because I've always wanted a tall QB. I think I've felt that could always be a benefit for a QB at the NFL level - not having to move the pocket to find passing lanes. Now we have two tall QBs - 6'5" Manning and 6'7" Osweiler.

and I like him because he played basketball weeeeee!!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Really? I got the exact opposite impression from that Gruden QB camp video. He seemed pretty cocky. Not that this is bad for a QB.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

I agree. I always have wanted a QBOTF with a genuine humility about him. What I love the most is that we effed ourselves out of a bunch of draft picks so our Vice president of football operations can have his guy.

I really didn't like the other guy that won our first playoff game in 6 years and did all those philanthropic things. I am really really glad we got rid of him for nothing and drafted a project qb early in the draft. Those things really got me stoked for our upcoming drafts with our FO at the healm.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote