The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Injury update

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...jury-update-11

Denver rookie linebacker Von Miller practiced Wednesday with a cast on his right hand. He suffered a broken thumb 10 days ago at San Diego and he did not play at Minnesota this past Sunday. He may be limited some, but barring a setback, Id expect Miller to play Sunday against the Bears.

However, Denver did have to practice without running back Willis McGahee (knee), left tackle Ryan Clady (knee) and receiver Eddie Royal (concussion). McGahee told reporters Wednesday that he expects to play Sunday against Chicago.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Has anyone seen anything saying how bad Clady and Royal are?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Clady is the one that worries me. He had been listed on the injury report for the knee last couple weeks, and obviously limped off the field after the last play (the simple Tebow centering the ball run). McGahee has already said he expects to play Sunday.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
Broncbow

But Tebow sure seems excited to be playing the Bears.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Clady could be a problem. I don't like either option of a hurt Clady or Chris Clark going up against Julius Peppers, though at least Chris Clark has some ability I guess. Peppers is going to want to bring it against his former coach.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Clady is the one that worries me. He had been listed on the injury report for the knee last couple weeks, and obviously limped off the field after the last play (the simple Tebow centering the ball run). McGahee has already said he expects to play Sunday.
Yeah, Clady would be a huge loss if he is out for any amount of time. Aside from penalties, this line has been getting better every week.

I would like to hear more about Royal since cuncussions can take you out a couple days or the rest of the season.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
I would like to hear more about Royal since cuncussions can take you out a couple days or the rest of the season.
His hands have been concussed all season.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Clady could be a problem. I don't like either option of a hurt Clady or Chris Clark going up against Julius Peppers, though at least Chris Clark has some ability I guess. Peppers is going to want to bring it against his former coach.
Agree with the concern. But in that same vein, if anyone knows tendencies and techniques to minimize Peppers' impact, it's Fox. I'm hopeful he had a whole list of things for McCoy.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I think Clady will be fine and feel that him being held out of practice is just to let the knee get some rest before Sunday. I'm not going to worry about it till I see how he plays come Sunday.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Tough set of games for Clady: Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, Andre Carter. This is definitely the gauntlet.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Our best pass protector this year, without question, has been the threat of the option. It's nice seeing DEs, who would prefer to rush the passe,r just stand up expecting to defend the option. Gives timmy a lot of time.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #12
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Our best pass protector this year, without question, has been the threat of the option. It's nice seeing DEs, who would prefer to rush the passe,r just stand up expecting to defend the option. Gives timmy a lot of time.
I'd say his scrambling threat and not the option. A lot of teams hold running lanes instead of rushing the passer to prevent broken plays turning into 1st downs.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'd say his scrambling threat and not the option. A lot of teams hold running lanes instead of rushing the passer to prevent broken plays turning into 1st downs.
Would you say Tebow's scrambling threat is different than, say, Vick's? In other words, in theory, do DE's play the same/similar against a guy like Vick as they do Tebow? I realize Tebow and Vick are as different as they are the same, but just curious on opinions as to whether or not their respective threats of running impact defenses similarly.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Tebow took out Clady when he landed on his knee on that last play ala Lepsis and TD
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That too
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Would you say Tebow's scrambling threat is different than, say, Vick's? In other words, in theory, do DE's play the same/similar against a guy like Vick as they do Tebow? I realize Tebow and Vick are as different as they are the same, but just curious on opinions as to whether or not their respective threats of running impact defenses similarly.
Great question. The way teams counter Tebow and Vick on PASSING DOWNS is very similar schematically. From spies to DE contain to heavy underneath zones.

BUT it seems to differ in personnel. Teams like to keep an extra "bigger" player as opposed to a DB for Vick ie: More Base-type packages vs Tebow as opposed to a nickel for Vick. It makes complete sense when you look at Tebow's tendency to almost look for someone to run over as opposed to princess Vick seeking the sideline.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Great question. The way teams counter Tebow and Vick on PASSING DOWNS is very similar schematically. From spies to DE contain to heavy underneath zones.

BUT it seems to differ in personnel. Teams like to keep an extra "bigger" player as opposed to a DB for Vick ie: More Base-type packages vs Tebow as opposed to a nickel for Vick. It makes complete sense when you look at Tebow's tendency to almost look for someone to run over as opposed to princess Vick seeking the sideline.
Yeah, I'd hate to count on a nickel back to bring down Tebow on the outside.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...jury-update-11
However, Denver did have to practice without running back Willis McGahee (knee).
I love what McGahee has brought to the team this year but doubt he can last another season with that much of a work load. Knowshon is a waste of roster space and I would like to see us go after Michael Bush in the free agent market, he's a beast and would be a good fit with McGahee next year.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Ryan Clady + Von Miller are practicing today.

https://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos/s...42465545953281
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Ryan Clady + Von Miller are practicing today.

https://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos/s...42465545953281
Nice!

Wonder what the extent of Eddie's concussion will prove to be. Truthfully, not much drop off if Willis takes his snaps. He's actually been pretty dependable toward the end of games during these Tebow Time rallies.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

I am still waiting for today's update. Based on this I would guess Royal looks out, Bruton looks in, Clady and Von seem to go either way, and McGahee (or Megahee) looks like he might be out.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #22
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

I am still waiting for today's update. Based on this I would guess Royal looks out, Bruton looks in, Clady and Von seem to go either way, and McGahee (or Megahee) looks like he might be out.
Man....that could really suck if Clady, Von, and McGahee are all out.......ouch.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Tebow took out Clady when he landed on his knee on that last play ala Lepsis and TD
That was Griese's fault...SOB
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

McGahee has said multiple times that he can play, they just want to rest his knee.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Von has to play. I dont see if last week was just a precaution for infection how he would still be out this week.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote