The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default Archie Manning meddling again?

ruh roh!

Quote:
Earlier this week, Archie said that he didn't see a positive scenario in which Luck and Peyton could co-exist.

"I don't think it'd necessarily be great for either one," Manning the elder told Fox Sports Radio. "I think Andrew's the type of mature player ... he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four [rookie passers] that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too.

"We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver, as Houston Oilers quarterbacks in 1982-83]. ... I'm in New York, I heard from him last night.

"Peyton's also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp13373
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

hehe...hopefully this means the colts are ****ed.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Shotgun Willie

Everything he said is true. And he didn't even mention the fact that if both are on their roster next year, the cap # for the QB position alone will be somewhere around $50 mil, easy. That's not exactly a winning formula.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rumors are that Luck's daddy is just as meddlesome as the Mannings' is. Any team that drafts Luck, better be prepared to deal with some major daddy intrusions.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I wish there was a way we could get the patriots involved in this mess......
Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I wish there was a way we could get the patriots involved in this mess......
I heard on the light rail that Brady is so terrified of Von Miller that he's contemplating retiring prior to next week's game.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
hehe...hopefully this means the colts are ****ed.
If by ****ed you mean having to decided between one of the greatest QBs ever in Manning, and one of the most highly touted pro prospects ever, then yes they are ****ed.

I only wish I could be so ****ed. Maybe have to decided between being a millionaire oil man, or a millionaire stock investor.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
Everything he said is true. And he didn't even mention the fact that if both are on their roster next year, the cap # for the QB position alone will be somewhere around $50 mil, easy. That's not exactly a winning formula.
I've seen the number about $28 million. And most of that is Peyton's since the new rookie cap is in place.

I think this is the first salvo in a "trade my son if you draft Luck" by Archie.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
Broncbow

Jags trade the farm to get up to No.1 from 3 or 4. They then offer Elway Luck for Tebow. What would Elway do? obvious! How fans react is not...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
If by ****ed you mean having to decided between one of the greatest QBs ever in Manning, and one of the most highly touted pro prospects ever, then yes they are ****ed.

I only wish I could be so ****ed. Maybe have to decided between being a millionaire oil man, or a millionaire stock investor.
2012: the colts don't draft luck and peyton is injured in training camp.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
Jags trade the farm to get up to No.1 from 3 or 4. They then offer Elway Luck for Tebow. What would Elway do? obvious! How fans react is not...

You are an idiot.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Colts would be stupid to trade away or to not draft Luck at all.

What's Manning got left if he EVEN returns to form?

3-4 years maybe?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Does Polian have the balls to cut Peyton, save the $28 million, and then draft Luck?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

If the Colts are smart, they trade Peyton. I love how highly touted this clown is and yet only 2 SB appearances.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
If the Colts are smart, they trade Peyton. I love how highly touted this clown is and yet only 2 SB appearances.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Twice as many as Marino. And Peyton at least won one.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Colts would be stupid to trade away or to not draft Luck at all.

What's Manning got left if he EVEN returns to form?

3-4 years maybe?
3 or 4 years? Manning is a guy who just last season threw for over 30 TDs, over 4000 yards and led a team now looking like it is going to lose every game it plays this year to a 10-6 record, division crown and the playoffs.

do you realize for a team like the Jets who are seemingly a QB away from being a super bowl team, 3 or 4 years with one of the greatest QBs ever would kill for a 3-4 year window with Peyton.

what did Elway accomplish in his final few years?

also, consider that Manning comes back completely healthy. no matter how good Luck is coming out of college, he is not better than a fully healthy Peyton. Would Luck really be fine with sitting on the sidelines for the next 3 or 4 years? all this talk about him says he can come in and be an elite QB almost from jump street, and people think he would be ok with watching from the bench.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
This is not so far fetched... the Jags would love to bring Tebow back home and help increase their ticket sales. It will be more telling when the Jags name a new coach, will this coach be Tebow friendly ?

Elway would jump at the chance and just deal with any Fan turmoil.. but for the most part 'Denver Bronco' fans wouldn't have a big problem with it if it was for Luck... its the Tebow fans in the denver area that are vocal who would be screaming.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
They'd have to pay him the $28 million first.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
highly touted?

damn right the guy is highly touted, he nearly owns every single passing record in NFL history. with his injury and physical limitations right now, he is probably a better QB than at least half the starters in the league.

also, look at this logic. of the 2 best QBs of the last decade, when both have missed a full season from injury look at the collapse of Indy. a team that annually wins around 10-11 games is now flirting with a winless season. Brady went down and his team was still able to go 11-5. Manning is one of the best to ever play the game. like him or not, he deserves all his hype.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
This season isn't all about Manning not playing. Even after Elway retired we got 6 victories. That team was beginning to go downhill last year. Even with Mannings 30 + TD's and 4000 + yds he was the 10th ranked QB in the league. 17 INT's don't help. Their defense is half what it was and they have little running game. They need a lot of help but I think they have to take a QB.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
highly touted?

damn right the guy is highly touted, he nearly owns every single passing record in NFL history. with his injury and physical limitations right now, he is probably a better QB than at least half the starters in the league.

also, look at this logic. of the 2 best QBs of the last decade, when both have missed a full season from injury look at the collapse of Indy. a team that annually wins around 10-11 games is now flirting with a winless season. Brady went down and his team was still able to go 11-5. Manning is one of the best to ever play the game. like him or not, he deserves all his hype.
Agreed, though I think Indy's plan is to cut him. You want a cheap owner, look no further. Since the AFL/NFL merger, I don't think any other FO has actively sought to go 0-16. An epic suck.

edit, Payaton's got a roster bonus due on, as I recall, the fifth day of the 2012 nfl calendar. If Indy cut him now, there might be an injury settlement, though that's probably insured. Still, Indy probably wants him off their roster, and Archie wants to hasten the date.

Last edited by bendog; 12-07-2011 at 01:06 PM..
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
This season isn't all about Manning not playing. Even after Elway retired we got 6 victories. That team was beginning to go downhill last year. Even with Mannings 30 + TD's and 4000 + yds he was the 10th ranked QB in the league. 17 INT's don't help. Their defense is half what it was and they have little running game. They need a lot of help but I think they have to take a QB.
hogwash! all Curtis Painter needed was the great Josh McDaniels!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
2012: the colts don't draft luck and peyton is injured in training camp.
If there are questions at all about Mannings injury status at draft time then draft Luck.

Any team would be screwed if their starting QB got injured in training camp, thats not something that is unique to the Colts current situation.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Any team would be screwed if their starting QB got injured in training camp, thats not something that is unique to the Colts current situation.
Actually, the Broncos would've been better off.