The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Is Demaryius Thomas about to break out?

Is Demaryius Thomas about to break out? It was tough to tell from the Vikings game because he was so wide open on most of those catches but what a HUGE boon it would be to this offense if this guy suddenly starts living up to his potential and providing Tebow a truly legit #1 receiver. I like Decker but he's really mainly a possession guy who finds ways to get open. Thomas on the other side playing at a high level would make Decker even more effective.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

If anyone should be comfortable in this offense it should be DT. I hope he keeps it up.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

We can only hope so at this point
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
Turd_Ferguson

I sure hope so. All the Tebow lovers have thrown this guy under the bus in the process of sucking off Tebow. I would love it if him and Tebow became a dynamic duo, and all the a-holes that had talked trash about him while defending Tebow could listen to Tebow talk about how amazing Thomas is in all his interviews.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I was also wondering if Julian Thomas might have more opportunity to get on the field if DT starts to perform. Having another go-to guy would make the passing option more viable for Fox to allow to Tebow the opportunity to throw it a bit more, and that would make JT's blocking deficiencies less of a factor. If Tebow does start throwing it more, having a nice TE target would be a significant boost and I see him as a level or more above their other options if he can just get some playing time.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Agree with your opinion on Thomas, disagree with the statement about Decker. Homeboy is 6'2", runs a 4.5 40, and has had several deep catches for us this year. He's much more than just a possession receiver, IMO.

If Thomas keeps improving, we've got a lethal #1 and #2 receiver for the next three years at least.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Let's just hope he is able to stay on the field. It was great to see him emerge, last week...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm inclined to say no. Given his refusal to block, despite coming from a read option offense, and the fact that we just played one of the crappiest secondaries in the NFL, this last performance seems more anomalous than trending.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Man, it sure would be nice. The flashes he's shown really remind me of an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson in terms of the mismatch he creates.

Of course, with a qb who is as poor a thrower as Tebow...
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Is Demaryius Thomas about to break out? It was tough to tell from the Vikings game because he was so wide open on most of those catches but what a HUGE boon it would be to this offense if this guy suddenly starts living up to his potential and providing Tebow a truly legit #1 receiver. I like Decker but he's really mainly a possession guy who finds ways to get open. Thomas on the other side playing at a high level would make Decker even more effective.
I guess since Decker is white, he is labeled a "possession receiver". Seems he got some nice space for those deep catches. DT needs to be a #1 guy. We got rid of two receivers ahead of him and he is our #1 draft pick at better half of the draft. I believe he had a nice block in the Viks game but that is something that has bothered me. In this system, receivers need to be able to lay the wood on these DBs. Remember, he has been injured and off the field than on the field.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
Deuce
Solid Starter

I hope so, but he looked awfully slow. There was one catch that he should have easily ran away from the defender but he seemed to lack explosiveness. He may still be recovering from the achilles but I had the same injury and never got back to where I was before.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
I sure hope so. All the Tebow lovers have thrown this guy under the bus in the process of sucking off Tebow. I would love it if him and Tebow became a dynamic duo, and all the a-holes that had talked trash about him while defending Tebow could listen to Tebow talk about how amazing Thomas is in all his interviews.
I'd say DT's play is what put him under the bus. Hopefully it was injury-related and he'll get past it.

And as for him being wide open, if he's a #1 guy he should be getting wide open the way defenses play us. If he can build on last Sunday, we will scare teams ****less.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the word Break, and the name Demaryius Thomas go hand and hand....

(knocks on wood)
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
Agree with your opinion on Thomas, disagree with the statement about Decker. Homeboy is 6'2", runs a 4.5 40, and has had several deep catches for us this year. He's much more than just a possession receiver, IMO.

If Thomas keeps improving, we've got a lethal #1 and #2 receiver for the next three years at least.
Frankly, the term "possession receiver" is a compliment IMO...remember Ashley Leleigh? A guy who goes over the middle and absorbs the punishment is a necessity. NFL defenses will still spend more time trying to double a guy like Thomas than they will a 4.5 guy...but my primary point is that Decker could be even better if DT steps up his game on the other side.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
BroncoBeavis

From watching the few replays I got a good look at, it looked like the Vikes were more concerned about covering Decker than DT. Which would help explain the breakout.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Frankly, the term "possession receiver" is a compliment IMO...remember Ashley Leleigh? A guy who goes over the middle and absorbs the punishment is a necessity.
I think you remember a different Ashley than I do.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #17
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

It was 1 single game... even slowshon had 1 good game.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'd say DT's play is what put him under the bus. Hopefully it was injury-related and he'll get past it.
I'd say his injuries have. Last I checked he didn't go out of his way to play in a way that would cause injuries.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I hope so, but he looked awfully slow. There was one catch that he should have easily ran away from the defender but he seemed to lack explosiveness. He may still be recovering from the achilles but I had the same injury and never got back to where I was before.
Don't remember who it was, but he told us he had an achilles tear and made it back to form in slow pitch just fine.

So there is hope.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #20
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
He did?
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think you remember a different Ashley than I do.
Your thinking of Ashley Lelie kind of a sissy, played ball like a girl. . . Apparently this Leleigh guy was a force over the middle though.

Last edited by Turd_Ferguson; 12-06-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Old 12-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

guy has the size and speed to be an awesome WR.

Hope he puts it together if he can stay healthy. Im betting he can, seems like a good guy
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
All the Tebow lovers have thrown this guy under the bus in the process of sucking off Tebow. I would love it if him and Tebow became a dynamic duo, and all the a-holes that had talked trash about him while defending Tebow could listen to Tebow talk about how amazing Thomas is in all his interviews.
They were killing him after failing to get his second foot in bounds on that near catch on in the first half, as if it was an easy play and this proved that he was a bust. It was ridic.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I guess since Decker is white, he is labeled a "possession receiver". Seems he got some nice space for those deep catches. DT needs to be a #1 guy. We got rid of two receivers ahead of him and he is our #1 draft pick at better half of the draft. I believe he had a nice block in the Viks game but that is something that has bothered me. In this system, receivers need to be able to lay the wood on these DBs. Remember, he has been injured and off the field than on the field.
I think he's a possession receiver, but not because he's white (so was Rod Smith.) He still got open deep didn't he? It's the 4.3 guys who scare defenses into double coverage for the most part (Jerry Rice and a few other excetions excluded) but Decker is gonne be a stud I have no doubt. We need two threats though, and this kid should be that threat at some point. I say "should"...I hope it's soon.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #25
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Wow... I had forgotten all about Moreno being on our team until just now... what a long, strange season it's been!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote