The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Tebow on the first cover of NFL Magazine.

Yep. As it should be.

http://www.thenflmagazine.com/
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Armchair Bronco

Cam Newton was slated to be on the inaugural cover, but then was dropped in favor of Tebow.

Stephen A. Smith went ballistic on ESPN First Take when this was discussed. It was really sad. He claims to have been a journalist for a decade, yet he apparently hasn't figured out that the purpose of selling a magazine is to make money.

His argument is that because the sub-caption reads "NFL's Hottest Player?" with a question mark at the end, the NFL isn't sure if Tebow really *is* the hottest player. So, for this reason, they had no business dumping Newton.

WTF? I understand that ESPN First Take likes to have hosts on opposite sides of an issue, but Smith's lame arguments don't make any sense.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Cam Newton was slated to be on the inaugural cover, but then was dropped in favor of Tebow.

Stephen A. Smith went ballistic on ESPN First Take when this was discussed. It was really sad. He claims to have been a journalist for a decade, yet he apparently hasn't figured out that the purpose of selling a magazine is to make money.

His argument is that because the sub-caption reads "NFL's Hottest Player?" with a question mark at the end, the NFL isn't sure if Tebow really *is* the hottest player. So, for this reason, they had no business dumping Newton.

WTF? I understand that ESPN First Take likes to have hosts on opposite sides of an issue, but Smith's lame arguments don't make any sense.
just like Marshall Faulk, clearly Stephen A. Smith hates whitey.

edit - i was just kidding with the above post, but after looking at this douchtard's background, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the root of his dislike for Tebow was race. i was around alot of guys like this growing up back east and the "race issue" thing is always there simmering below the surface, you just have to know the questions to ask to bring it to the surface.

Last edited by Gort; 12-06-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

edit - i was just kidding with the above post, but after looking at this douchtard's background, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the root of his dislike for Tebow was race. i was around alot of guys like this growing up back east and the "race issue" thing is always there simmering below the surface, you just have to know the questions to ask to bring it to the surface.
I think there's some truth to this. IMO, Smith and Faulk don't like Tebow in part because he's an unconventional white QB who is constantly stack ranked against Newton, an unconventional black QB.

Religion, race, and outright jealousy play a big part in all the hating.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
AlphaSeirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Man, just get a load of those WEAK Tebow arms.....
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

J.A. Adande called Tebow a white Black QB haha
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

Not too far off base imo, Stephen A said the only two sports Skip could school him on was NASCAR and hockey
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
MacGruder

Tebow is the best black QB and he aint even black.. I'd be irate if I was black, too . lol

what a lot of black people are missing though is that Tebow will help black Qbs a ton.. Cam Newton is the first beneficiary IMO (Tebow TRAINED him at Florida). Others will emulate Tebow as well.

It's also really funny to me because Tebow is the one being held down by the man because people thought he couldn't be a great athletic QB because he is white. Which was why he was drafted so low and why Cam, Vince Young and Vick were drafted so much higher than he was. And weirdly teams did more to adapt to these guys coming into the league and no one complained but they act like the NFL is bending over backwards for Tebow...
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSeirra View Post
Man, just get a load of those WEAK Tebow arms.....
Get a room
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

How do we buy this?
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Funny how they subtly surround him in a white aura and include a cross on the cover.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

i hate Smith. most of his arguments seem to come from a racial stance. anyone with half a brain realizes right now in sports there are 3 topics really burning. Penn State, the Packers and Tebow. he just doesn't get that in any business the point is making money, and like him or not Tebow is a license to print money
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Funny how they subtly surround him in a white aura and include a cross on the cover.
they didn't surround him in the aura, that just always shows up in every picture taken of Tebow.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Stephen A. Smith reached that "blabbering wino you see on the street" status a long time ago.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Yes Jesus Power!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

This Tebow thing is becoming an explosion within an explosion............that already exploded.

I can't blame the NFL for making the change. They want more money and more attention and the player in the NFL that is creating the most buzz and attention is Tebow. Period.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Meanwhile, Wayne Weaver gives Gene Smith a new, three year contract. If I was watching the Tebow dollars rolling into another team's coffers, I'd be bringing Smith into the office every morning for a
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #20
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Meanwhile, Wayne Weaver gives Gene Smith a new, three year contract. If I was watching the Tebow dollars rolling into another team's coffers, I'd be bringing Smith into the office every morning for a
Didn't he just sell the team to a Pakistani zillionaire?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Didn't he just sell the team to a Pakistani zillionaire?
Yep. Fired the coach, sold the team, and gave the GM a 3 year contract.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
This Tebow thing is becoming an explosion within an explosion............that already exploded.

I can't blame the NFL for making the change. They want more money and more attention and the player in the NFL that is creating the most buzz and attention is Tebow. Period.
It's their first edition. They knew that by putting Tebow on the cover they would get way more exposure than using any other player. Not only does that help them sell this issue, but that initial exposure helps them sell the magazine from here on out.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #23
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
It's their first edition. They knew that by putting Tebow on the cover they would get way more exposure than using any other player. Not only does that help them sell this issue, but that initial exposure helps them sell the magazine from here on out.
Well, I hope the numbskulls @ NFL Magazine learned their lesson.

Next time, they need to double-check things with all the black sports talking heads (S.A. Smith, Marshall Faulk) and former black QB's (Kordell Stewart and maybe Doug Williams) just to confirm that they're "OK" with the cover change.

Also, the NFL may need to create a Blue Ribbon panel to represent athiests and agnostics in the League and give them a voice. These guys should have to sign off on whatever cover NFL Magazine decides to run with each month.

:facepalm:
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #24
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Instant collectible item, that's for sure...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
just a guess, and i have no source to back this up, id imagine most NFL games are like this. as the date gets closer, prices go up. obviously not to this extent given as they won more, more people want to see them, but still.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote