The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Christian Science Monitor article on T2

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/...of-his-success
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
lolcopter

Quote:
Eventually, Tebow is going to fail,” Krattenmaker says. “I hope that doesn’t become a referendum on his faith. [In sports], we’ve seen again and again a conflation between winning and the validity of the faith, and it often leads to embarrassment.”
hater

Last edited by lolcopter; 12-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: imo
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
hater
My guess is that when Tebow loses, he still probably gives thanks to God.

I never got the impression that Tim was thanking God for the victory. He seems to be thanking Him in a general sense, and this would be applicable whether you win or lose.

Do you only thank God if your dinner is a delicious 5-course meal or any time you sit down to eat, even if it's just a cup of Top Ramen noodles?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

I never got the impression that Tim was thanking God for the victory. He seems to be thanking Him in a general sense, and this would be applicable whether you win or lose.

Do you only thank God if your dinner is a delicious 5-course meal or any time you sit down to eat, even if it's just a cup of Top Ramen noodles?
Agreed, I don't think I've ever heard Tim thank God for the win, just for the ability to be out there, the talent he's been given and the platform to be on.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Agreed, I don't think I've ever heard Tim thank God for the win, just for the ability to be out there, the talent he's been given and the platform to be on.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Can we cut this crap? Tebow could be a pagan and I couldn't care less about his faith. I like him as a football player. This is a football board, post this stuff on another forum. I am a person of faith but the religious whackos on this forum and others is making it unreadable.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
CHANGSTER
You are a pizza burn...

on the roof of the world's mouth

CHANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
t-diddy
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Can we cut this crap? Tebow could be a pagan and I couldn't care less about his faith. I like him as a football player. This is a football board, post this stuff on another forum. I am a person of faith but the religious whackos on this forum and others is making it unreadable.
Or.................... you could choose not to click and read a thread that is obviously about Tebow's faith. Just sayin.
t-diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-diddy View Post
Or.................... you could choose not to click and read a thread that is obviously about Tebow's faith. Just sayin.
There is no indication that this is what the article was about... the Christian Science Monitor isn't exclusively a religious publication.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
t-diddy
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
There is no indication that this is what the article was about... the Christian Science Monitor isn't exclusively a religious publication.
Lol... ok maybe, but post #2 clarified it pretty quick. Doesn't take a whole lot of effort to hit the back button.
t-diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #11
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANGSTER View Post
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer

"Christianity...is it the secret of his success?"

Even the Christians aren't giving Tebow the credit he deserves!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post

Christian+Science=
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Christian+thought=
fify
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Interestingly, Jason Whitlock did a column yesterday asserting that what makes Tebow different from the likes of VY and Vick (also running qb's), aside from things like work ethic, is his upbringing.

Quote:
If this works, if Tim Tebow keeps winning games, keeps getting better, keeps forcing John Elway and John Fox to consider an alternative quarterback route to the Super Bowl, it won’t be some impossible-to-believe miracle, an act of a higher power.

Tim Tebow is not a religious symbol. He’s a shrine to the power of a strong, committed, passionate two-parent upbringing. Tebow’s birth — a product of his mother’s faith and refusal to listen to doctors advising her to abort — might very well have been a religious miracle. Tebow’s performance on the football field is testament to Bob and Pam Tebow and what they instilled in their youngest child.
Quote:
What should be dawning on us — especially those of us who greeted Tebow’s Broncos career with skepticism — is that, thanks to a rock-solid, two-parent upbringing, Tebow is quite different from Young and Vick in terms of mental and emotional makeup. Those differences raise the real possibility that Tebow is the athletic-freak quarterback an NFL franchise should embrace with a revolutionary offensive approach.

What do I mean?

NFL quarterback is a 24/7-365-day job that Vick and Young were unprepared for coming out of college. NFL quarterback is a position best played by young men who were raised by strong fathers. Quarterback is the ultimate leadership position. You have to be taught how to lead. You have to be taught how to prepare.

Vick and Young, athletic freaks on par with Tebow, do not have Tebow’s nuclear-family foundation. Vick and Young entered the league emotionally immature and with a set of values inconsistent with the values that lead to consistent, strong QB play. You can wing it in college and get by on sheer athleticism and talent. You can’t do that at the quarterback position in the NFL.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...nalysis-120511
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Christian+Science=
CSM is a highly reputable news source and the recipient of multiple Pulitzer prize awards

but back to the bashing I guess, if it makes you guys feel big
Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Interestingly, Jason Whitlock did a column yesterday asserting that what makes Tebow different from the likes of VY and Vick (also running qb's), aside from things like work ethic, is his upbringing.

Wow. Normally, I can't stand Whitlock, but what he's saying makes a lot of sense. Never underestimate the importance of the nuclear family with parents who are real role models and who have, pardon the pun, practiced what they preach.

Ignoring altheticism and throwing accuracy and what not, Tebow seems to be perfectly prepared to be the leader of this team based on his life experiences growing up.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

Thank the Lord baby Jesus he isn't like those scum kids with single parents.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

That is right.. I don't think God cares who wins the game.. Tebow is just thanking God in general for everthing in his life.. good or bad I guess.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
That is right.. I don't think God cares who wins the game.. Tebow is just thanking God in general for everthing in his life.. good or bad I guess.
No, God cares, damn it. He cares.

Sincerely,

Stevie Johnson
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote