The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Vine

Default Tebow the next Micheal Jordan?

If Tebow goes on to become a very successful NFL quarterback...

Tebow will transcend the NFL in much the same way that Micheal Jordan transcended the NBA. The media firestorm around Tebow will only grow exponentially if Tebow continues his success, and the more he continues his success, the more exponentially the media firestorm will increase.

Imagine if Tebow goes on to win a Super Bowl... Win a couple Super Bowls.... At this point, Tebow will approach Micheal Jordan in fame and popularity and become a worldwide icon and also spread popularity of American football throughout the world much in the same way Jordan did for basketball.

I am thrilled he is a member of my favorite football team!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Prepare your anus.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Micheal.

But yea. Totes bra.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
If Tebow goes on to become a very successful NFL quarterback...

Tebow will transcend the NFL in much the same way that Micheal Jordan transcended the NBA. The media firestorm around Tebow will only grow exponentially if Tebow continues his success, and the more he continues his success, the more exponentially the media firestorm will increase.

Imagine if Tebow goes on to win a Super Bowl... Win a couple Super Bowls.... At this point, Tebow will approach Micheal Jordan in fame and popularity and become a worldwide icon and also spread popularity of American football throughout the world much in the same way Jordan did for basketball.

I am thrilled he is a member of my favorite football team!
Considering he hasn't accomplished much as of yet and he is as popular as he is, i don't see why not if he wins even 1 SB.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

As someone who lived through the Jordan era , and had friends on the MJ bandwagon hardcore the answer is yup ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post

If this guy somehow ends up being a great NFL qb long term he is going to be Jordan like in the amount of coverage he gets...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Prepare your anus.
LO f'ing L
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Maybe the next Tiger Woods? whoops.....
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Hysterical

Quote:
Prepare your anus.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I actually was thinking something similar, but its more a function with how the media works today than anything.

The craziest thing about Michael is that, in context, all you needed was his first name (despite it being the most popular name in america)...and EVERYONE knew who you were talking about. And, right now, if you just say "Tim" in a sports discussion....everyone will know who youre talking about
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Vine

Quote:
Prepare your anus.
Clever
Old 12-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Vine

Quote:
As someone who lived through the Jordan era , and had friends on the MJ bandwagon hardcore the answer is yup ...
Thank you. Someone mentioned this the other day (you), and at first, I thought this notion is outlandish, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

So, another Tebow thread is the result!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
extralife
Ring of Famer

this is the thread that people that root for other teams will link to to make fun of Broncos fans
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
this is the thread that people that root for other teams will link to to make fun of Broncos fans
It's still a fair question/statement.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think Bron is probably the better comparison (in regards to hype)...lets hope Timmy has some better success!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
Jay3

I think the better comparison is Magic Johnson -- breaks all the conventional rules for what his position is supposed to look like, wins at every level, there's only one.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

And lets get one thing straight I wasn't comparing him to Jordan as far as what he's achieved , If you look back through my post you'll see I think Jordan is on a level only titles gets you to....

I was more talking about IF Tebow has long term success being the face / one of the faces of his sport for his era and having a M.J. type feel to it because of all the drama surrounding it.

There was a Ahhhh/aura around M.J. ... Tebow has some of that going and if it last long term it could be similar. I'll say this ... Watching Tebow highlights sure has that same Jordan type feeling , the winning on drive and heart , and in ways you didn't think he could.

And I rooted against Jordan and didn't want us to draft Tebow , so think it through before you flame me as a Teboner...
Old 12-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #18
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
And lets get one thing straight I wasn't comparing him to Jordan as far as what he's achieved , If you look back through my post you'll see I think Jordan is on a level only titles gets you to....

I was more talking about IF Tebow has long term success being the face / one of the faces of his sport for his era and having a M.J. type feel to it because of all the drama surrounding it.

There was a Ahhhh/aura around M.J. ... Tebow has some of that going and if it last long term it could be similar. I'll say this ... Watching Tebow highlights sure has that same Jordan type feeling , the winning on drive and heart , and in ways you didn't think he could.

And I rooted against Jordan and didn't want us to draft Tebow , so think it through before you flame me as a Teboner...
n/m
Old 12-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:

I wouldn't mind this...if he wins one SB then the hype will buy us some of those favorable calls that keep going to other teams all the time becasue of who thye are. Just think if Doom actually started to get some holding calls that are currently ignored. And Push offs by WR against our secondary were looked at ..

MJ traveled ALL the time and never got it called because...well he was MJ....and could do no wrong.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #20
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I think Tebow is more like Gandhi, except Gandhi was right-handed.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #21
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Tebow is like Charlemagne, except Tebow doesn't suck as much as Charlemagne did.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Tebow is more like Pontius Pilate but without being so mean and brutal.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
KevinJames
DT

Vine we all like Tebow but this isn't a competition of who loves him the most. You making posts like this over and over is just making you look like a joke thats here for the Tebow and not the Broncos....
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Jordan didn't win much and put up 30+ points per game early in his career. More like Tim's inverse.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #25
Armchair Bronco

We'll know Tebow is as big as Jordan once he starts making Fruit of the Loom underwear commercials.