The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
fwf

Default -3.5

No longer UNDERDOGS, but do we cover?

Im sure some of you have made some cash these last few weeks betting on the Broncs. Was wondering what everyone thought about the CHI game this week?

Von's coming back i assume and i expect the Defense to play better, but what scares me is the coaching staff getting away from the option and QB draws @MINNY and the Bears preparing for that this week. They need to mix and match imo. Hopefully they learned their lesson in Detroit and they arent trying again to turn Tebow into a pure pocket passer again.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Shotgun Willie

The only way the Broncos lose this game is if we punt 8 or more times from deep in our own zone.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Colquitt's having a pro bowl year, but still...be careful out there, son.

#TheSauerbrunHesterGame #NeverForget
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

There's no way the Broncos cover, hell there's no way the Broncos even score in this game. Chicago will effectively destroy all things Broncos and burn Denver to the ground.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
The only way the Broncos lose this game is if we punt 8 or more times from deep in our own zone.
well we went from an option offense in the first half to a 2 back offense in the second half and Tebow did well , I am not sure what the op is yapping about , Since Morton denver has only had 2 drop back passers as starters Griese and Orton ,So why would denvers front office would want to convert Tebow to a Pocket passer is a mystery , but no game is a lock , sure wish Cutler was playing though .Tebow vs cutler would have been a great headline
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
There's no way the Broncos cover, hell there's no way the Broncos even score in this game. Chicago will effectively destroy all things Broncos and burn Denver to the ground.
keep it going ........
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
well we went from an option offense in the first half to a 2 back offense in the second half and Tebow did well , I am not sure what the op is yapping about
They didnt run the read option more then a few times yesterday homie. I want to see more creativity and variety from the offense.. is my point.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the broncos were favored in the bunghole game...they won, but didn't cover
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A Broncos game with playoff implications and Jay Cutler on the sideline...not a chance in hell the Broncos win
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Thank you for saving the mojo in this thread
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
They didnt run the read option more then a few times yesterday homie. I want to see more creativity and variety from the offense.. is my point.
Because it was shut down. Creativity came in going to a traditional two back set and confusing the hell out of Minny and throwing. Go look for the quote from Jared Allen saying he would have bet his paycheck Tebow would not beat them by throwing. It was pretty telling how the switch at half time totally surprised them.

It's not lack of creativity, it's adjusting to teams playing you differently, homie
Old 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
i was addressing the pocket QB part .......... I havent seen anything yet , that would suggest the Broncos are trying to change tebow into a pocket Passer ....
Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Because it was shut down. Creativity came in going to a traditional two back set and confusing the hell out of Minny and throwing. Go look for the quote from Jared Allen saying he would have bet his paycheck Tebow would not beat them by throwing. It was pretty telling how the switch at half time totally surprised them.

It's not lack of creativity, it's adjusting to teams playing you differently, homie
true dat , shocked the hell out of me seeing us put up 35 ........
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This will be Hanie's breakout game. He'll throw for six TDs and run for six more. By the end of the game, the Denver fans will be so amazed by his performance that they'll be chanting, "Hanie! Hanie! Hanie!" and he'll come out to the center of the field and take a bow.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

We lose so badly Lambchop knows his time in chi is up and asks to be traded to the Rams.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Im flying in for this game and I am already mad at the amount of money this is costing me just to see Chicago destroy us.

I heard we might not even return punts and kicks because there is no point we are going to lose anyway.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
fwf

Quote:

Yeah they really confused the hell out of Minny in the first half didnt they? They stayed in the same formations practically the entire game. Why not switch it up? And for the 2nd half did you notice how wide open our guys were on the deep plays? That was the worst secondary in the league that we faced. No question. They were atrocious.

Timmy threw some good balls ill admit, but next week and especially in two weeks if they make him sit in the pocket 25 times a game and try to fit the football in tight spaces down field we're doomed . Thats not his strength! They have to mix in the option and the QB draws and let Tim make plays with his feet. He's a big dude.. he can take it. And give him about 20 pass attempts too, using multiple formations. That should be the plan. And some first down passes would work too.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
No longer UNDERDOGS, but do we cover?

Im sure some of you have made some cash these last few weeks betting on the Broncs. Was wondering what everyone thought about the CHI game this week?

Von's coming back i assume and i expect the Defense to play better, but what scares me is the coaching staff getting away from the option and QB draws @MINNY and the Bears preparing for that this week. They need to mix and match imo. Hopefully they learned their lesson in Detroit and they arent trying again to turn Tebow into a pure pocket passer again.
Tebow needs to learn to be a pocket passer, but still have the Option and Draw plays called occasionally to keep defenses at bay and assist the running game.

look at yesterday though, he ran a more traditional offense and had arguably the best game of his young career. he is improving and that is a good thing. the tebow we saw yesterday is not the same Tebow we saw playing against Detroit. he is more capable of taking on an expanded role throwing the ball.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Please make us an underdog again. Why mess up a good thing?
HILife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
A Broncos game with playoff implications and Jay Cutler on the sideline...not a chance in hell the Broncos win
add Forte to that mix and Henne cant score a TD. Yeah, not only do we win this game but we better cover. Bears have a defense but we rarely turn the ball over now. I think we will (once again) try to establish a running game to eat up the clock. Safe passes will be thrown in there too (and maybe keep the 1st down passes in this week's game plan).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Yeah they really confused the hell out of Minny in the first half didnt they? They stayed in the same formations practically the entire game. Why not switch it up? And for the 2nd half did you notice how wide open our guys were on the deep plays? That was the worst secondary in the league that we faced. No question. They were atrocious.

Timmy threw some good balls ill admit, but next week and especially in two weeks if they make him sit in the pocket 25 times a game and try to fit the football in tight spaces down field we're doomed . Thats not his strength! They have to mix in the option and the QB draws and let Tim make plays with his feet. He's a big dude.. he can take it. And give him about 20 pass attempts too, using multiple formations. That should be the plan. And some first down passes would work too.
It looked like crap because they sold out on the run witch is what the read option and most of the spread is. We aren't privy to what checks Tebow made but I can guarantee you that the option and spread were heavily implemented.

I was damn genius to switch to a traditional set because it was noing they had planned for. This is a positive because it means they aren't limited to just the spread and read option. Granted it was Minny who has CBs worse than Goodman but Tebow still made the throws and reads. Very happy about that last part.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
It looked like crap because they sold out on the run witch is what the read option and most of the spread is. We aren't privy to what checks Tebow made but I can guarantee you that the option and spread were heavily implemented.

I was damn genius to switch to a traditional set because it was noing they had planned for. This is a positive because it means they aren't limited to just the spread and read option. Granted it was Minny who has CBs worse than Goodman but Tebow still made the throws and reads. Very happy about that last part.
the guy whom you're posting too might want to check out the fox post-game interview on denverbroncos.com, though Fox did say he hoped they'd make faster adjustments in the future, but since no team runs the den offense, each week is literally seeing a defense that they have no film on.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
fwf

But they didnt even attempt to run the option ,or the draw all game. Not even in the first half when they had less then 50 total yds.
I bet the Bears coaches are discussing that very point right now. Do we prepare for the offense we saw yesterday or do we prepare for the offense we saw against the Chargers?
What im saying is that imo it would be a huge mistake for our coaches to think Tebow is going to have as much success against other teams throwing as he did yesterday against a bad D. I think the Bears will prepare for the Minnesota version of Tebow. Which is exactly why the Broncos coaches need to be flexible. Tebow might be making strides as a passer, but I just hope Fox and co. dont forget how talented a runner he is and exactly what make Tebow, Tebow.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #24
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

I'd like to see Tebow QB sneak it EVERY time on third and one. If Tom Brady can do it without getting hurt ANYBODY can.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

FWF,^
And why we go back to the Chargers game most likely or a mix of the last two games. Bears have no clue what will happen and that advantage is good for us. We do know that the Bears will be struggling on offense and we can gameplan for that. We win on the road now let us win some for those that support the home team.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote