The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default Tebow full press conference

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-62ea73733103
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.
Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.
What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.
What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.
I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
Armchair Bronco

How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!
Did you guys catch Fox thanking God as well in an interview after?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him.
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The funny thing is, if certain people would STFU and stop hysterically running around crying out "Haters, haters!" They might actually look around in the silence that follows and discover that there aren't any. The more you worry about the bogey-man under your bed, the bigger he becomes.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.
Who is labeling you personally a hater? If you do not think of yourself as one, then maybe try enjoying the wins instead of this "told you" type of responses since that is a pretty weak one anyway.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
The Little Known Tebow Effect?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...try enjoying the wins...
I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!
Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine. It is as old as those claiming credit just for Tebow, which isn't that many in the first place and seems to be just to get people riled up and works every time.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.
How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
no, but some players are more than willing to throw other members under the bus for a loss. That occurs more often then the taking of all the credit.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #18
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.
Literally no one on this board roots against him. 99% of the "haters" were people skeptical of his play. It got blown out of proportion when the Teboners freaked out someone was actually critical of his play at times.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Tebow even says things like this about his teammates: "they make me look better than I am." Not many do such a thing and that is why a player like that gets full support from his teammates.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine.
Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.
So I mentioned you in that post? Doesn't look like it. Only someone who is included in that would be offended, so why are you so defensive? Hmm.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #23
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
If I were fox I would be too, hell I don't even believe in Jesus but for 60 minutes on Sunday I do !
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I'm not a peter king fan, but I found this blurb while trying to figure out wft the gator fan who posted that Elway had to commit to tebow (in what marriage, lol) was going off on

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...13/?xid=cnnbin
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #25
Mouth

Quote:
Saying the team wins in spite of tebow is not agreeing with tebow, AND makes you hater. I've not been on here long enough to know whether or not this is you, but I know there are a LOT of people out there (in the short amount of time I've been on this board, and the long time watching the media) that are unwilling to give Tebow ANY credit for what we've done this season.