The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default Tebow full press conference

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-62ea73733103
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.
Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.
What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,540

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.
What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.
I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!
Did you guys catch Fox thanking God as well in an interview after?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him.
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,665

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

The funny thing is, if certain people would STFU and stop hysterically running around crying out "Haters, haters!" They might actually look around in the silence that follows and discover that there aren't any. The more you worry about the bogey-man under your bed, the bigger he becomes.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.
Who is labeling you personally a hater? If you do not think of yourself as one, then maybe try enjoying the wins instead of this "told you" type of responses since that is a pretty weak one anyway.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,540

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Did you guys catch Fox thanking God as well in an interview after?
The Little Known Tebow Effect?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
...try enjoying the wins...
I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!
Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine. It is as old as those claiming credit just for Tebow, which isn't that many in the first place and seems to be just to get people riled up and works every time.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.
How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
The b**** is Back

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DomCasual's heart
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.
no, but some players are more than willing to throw other members under the bus for a loss. That occurs more often then the taking of all the credit.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #18
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.
Literally no one on this board roots against him. 99% of the "haters" were people skeptical of his play. It got blown out of proportion when the Teboners freaked out someone was actually critical of his play at times.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
Shotgun Willie
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.
Tebow even says things like this about his teammates: "they make me look better than I am." Not many do such a thing and that is why a player like that gets full support from his teammates.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine.
Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.
So I mentioned you in that post? Doesn't look like it. Only someone who is included in that would be offended, so why are you so defensive? Hmm.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #23
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Did you guys catch Fox thanking God as well in an interview after?
If I were fox I would be too, hell I don't even believe in Jesus but for 60 minutes on Sunday I do !
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I'm not a peter king fan, but I found this blurb while trying to figure out wft the gator fan who posted that Elway had to commit to tebow (in what marriage, lol) was going off on

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...13/?xid=cnnbin
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #25
Mouth
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.
Saying the team wins in spite of tebow is not agreeing with tebow, AND makes you hater. I've not been on here long enough to know whether or not this is you, but I know there are a LOT of people out there (in the short amount of time I've been on this board, and the long time watching the media) that are unwilling to give Tebow ANY credit for what we've done this season.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Denver Broncos