The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Vine

Default Tebow doubters can no longer claim...

Tebow doubters can no longer claim that Denver won despite Tebow.

Today, Denver won BECAUSE of Tebow.

Everytime Tebow would lead Denver down the field for a touchdown to get Denver close, Minnesota would respond and counter with a score of their own.

Denver HAD to have Tebow play well to have a chance. Because the defense had a bad game. He played his best game of his young career. Denver won. Tebow's doubters will have to change their views of him in order to maintain any shred of credibility.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Tw0mey
Solid Starter

I hated using the first round draft pick on Tebow. I still think it was a poor pick, but Tebow is starting to grow on me and its fun as heck (not saying hell because Tebow wouldn't want me to) to watch him play. Every Broncos game the past 5 weeks has been down to the wire fun. Its great watching the team rally around Tebow.
Tw0mey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

683 posts and you finally post something worth a ****. Next Spider is going to post something intelligent.

Nah I put to much faith in spider...
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
683 posts and you finally post something worth a ****. Next Spider is going to post something intelligent.

Nah I put to much faith in spider...
Glad to see you are coming around!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

Nothing has reminded me of watching Elway football more than Tim Tebow. It's a lot of fun. Stressful, but fun.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post

Everytime Tebow would lead Denver down the field for a touchdown to get Denver close, Minnesota would respond and counter with a score of their own.

Denver HAD to have Tebow play well to have a chance. Because the defense had a bad game. He played his best game of his young career. Denver won. Tebow's doubters will have to change their views of him in order to maintain any shred of credibility.
This...Thankfully this is the first thread that should have been started after the win.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

It was a team win, everyone contributed. When you get down to it, Broncos won the game on the last interception.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

dear merill f***in hodge goat raper
please retire from ESPN you idiot .or better yet keep doubting Tebow . seems to make him better
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
AZorange1
on borrowed time

AZOrange1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dennis Smith

Can't wait till tomorrow morning to watch ESPN First Take. Every Monday has been a blast to watch so far. It's like every week we have a new believer and 1 less hater.
AZorange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Tony?

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Every win is a team win but the haters will have trouble with this one. Defense gave up a ton of big plays and Tebow was under some duress. He made throws for big plays and ran in a 2 pt conversion. He's such a gamer it sick. The fact haters want to single him out, analyze every mistake, say he can't improve enough to win, despite good play tells me it's about way more the football.

When guys like Stephan Smith, or whatever his name is continue to say i only hate on him because of football, the more i think they are afraid to say what the real reason is. They don't like him personally, his style, his religious routine, and his good boy image.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 12-04-2011 at 01:56 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You're right, Thomas' and McGahee's huge runs had nothing to do with it. You're such a douche bag.

This was a team wide effort by the whole offense. Everyone played really well.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

Great team win.....

Props to Tim and the offense for finally opening it up and winning a shootout. Tebow was a huge part of today's win...Only Ricky Martin had a bigger coming out party than DT did today...

We saw the importance of missing Von Miller, several of those "pressures" would have been sacks if the speedy Miller was playing.

Dawkins had a great game, forcing a fumble, batting down that pass....Haggan filled in admirably for Miller, and had a pick 6...good and bad play on our defensive side of ball...of course same with O...they struggled in first half, lights out in 2nd half.

McGahee ran well but had the fumble, as did Tebow...and the D kept the game close for first half, then Tebow and O won the track meet in the 2nd half

Goodman got ripped during the game by alot of you, but got the pick that helped us win the game...glad he got the last laugh.

Tebow finally played like I said he needed to, being more accurate in his throws and making plays throwing the ball because the day when the defense lays a bit of an egg was gonna eventually happen and he would have to be able to win a shootout. He stepped up to the plate and knocked it outta the park.

This is the 2nd consecutive game where I've seen marked improvement from him in the passing game....and gotta hand it to the kid...he's got me sitting 98% in his corner because of his performance today. Need to see him continue to make the progress he's making in the passing game, and then look at his body of work at season's end...but this kid is making believer's outta even more skeptical people than I....really hard to argue with him helping us win 6 of our last 7.

7-5 baby and in first place!!!!

Last edited by errand; 12-04-2011 at 02:00 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
dear merill ****in hodge goat raper
please retire from ESPN you idiot .or better yet keep doubting Tebow . seems to make him better
If someone could find the play of Dennis Smith knocking him the **** out I would really love it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
It was a team win, everyone contributed. When you get down to it, Broncos won the game on the last interception.
every game when you think about it past present future is a TEAM WIN so your right also but Tebow gets a bit of credit if he did a orton and went 3 out over n over n over like we did earlier oh stop being right
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0mey View Post
I hated using the first round draft pick on Tebow. I still think it was a poor pick
If you don't think Tebow was worth a late first rounder, you are nuts. Period.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

I'm not a Tebow doubter but today was the epitome of an all around team win.

The D put 10 on the board.
Prater was nails on the long FG to tie.
Cosby created some short fields
Colquitt was solid as usual

Tebow was great today...Luckily his fumble only led to 3 and not 7. Starting to think they can win out.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Les Shapiro is going to sound bitter and angry tonight. I'm loving it!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #19
Agamemnon

They've all been team wins. We need to stop giving any one player or phase the credit for the wins. When we need a play, Tebow and others always come up with one anymore. It's really that simple.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No question the defense today played poorly through most of the game, but came through with a big play to help win it. I think this also shows that Miller should be defensive rookie of the year but also the defensive player of the year. The defense looked like it has the last few years without him in there.

Tebow continues to get better and made some big plays today, which they needed since the defense did not do well. Also great seeing Thomas have a big game. Let's hope he is the WR they thought he would be when drafting him.

But what a great win! Tied for 1st place! I did not see that happening before Tebow took over.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Tebow was great today...Luckily his fumble only led to 3 and not 7. Starting to think they can win out.
I'm still waiting for an adequate explanation of how that was a fumble...
Old 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #22
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I love all the lukewarm back handed compliments for Tebow, more to come I'm sure.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

10-15, 202 yards, 2 TD, 2 point conversation.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #24
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Hey guys,

I have not posted for a long time but I am generally lurking and I can't help myself. I had to contribute today lol

For a few weeks, I just never got why everyone in the media always looks at Tebow as a horrible passer. The guy has all the tools IMO, he just needs someone to guide him a little. I see the potential there in the passing game and today he proved it big time.

I just don't get why people get on him about passing. I think he will become a pretty good passer in this league.

IMO, John Fox and his conservative style have been protecting Tebow and the Broncos in general but I am glad to see he is starting to gain more confidence in Tebow's passing game. John Fox is an excellent coach to get competitive again, but he has to allow his guys on offense to play and I am glad he let them go today in Minnesota.

Tebow is a special player, you cannot teach his "IT" factor but I have no doubts he can fix any mechanics issue and/or listen to all the coaching he's getting from a good QB coach.

Sorry for the rant, but Tim Tebow can throw the ball and people will realize it soon. As the coaching staff, let's him do more and more; he will prove it.

Ok I'm done
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0mey View Post
I hated using the first round draft pick on Tebow. I still think it was a poor pick, but Tebow is starting to grow on me and its fun as heck (not saying hell because Tebow wouldn't want me to) to watch him play. Every Broncos game the past 5 weeks has been down to the wire fun. Its great watching the team rally around Tebow.
Who cares what round we drafted him. Half the first round picks are busts anyways.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote