The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Lloyd Interview

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...clarity/10966/

Brandon Lloyd says Broncos needed quarterback clarity with Tebow, Orton

“This is what I was talking about in the summertime when (Kyle) Orton was on the trading block,” Lloyd told the Bay Area reporters. “Hey, trade him now so we can go into the Tebow era. Let’s get it over with and see if he’s got it. Let’s build the offense around him. Let’s do that. But don’t have a starting quarterback and run an offense and the anticipation for Tim to play be so powerful that it just distracts the team. … They did it. They structured the offense around him and they’re having success with it. It’s good for them. Hopefully, they get the desired result and they make a push and get into the playoffs and it’ll work out.”

Lloyd went on to say that he wasn’t surprised the Broncos were winning with Tebow. The Broncos are 5-1 in Tebow’s starts, all after Lloyd was traded.

“Not at all. That’s what I saying back in the summertime. Just gives us something to believe in. All I wanted in the summertime was some clarity,” Lloyd said, per CSNBayArea.com. Make it clear who the quarterback is going to be, and then we can buy into it. It doesn’t matter what the offense is. It doesn’t matter what you do. We’re the best athletes in the world at what we do. It doesn’t matter what we do, as long as we believe in it and we’re all executing it, it’ll work. And that’s the never-ending quest for every team. Just believe in what we’re trying to show you and it’ll work. So, no, I’m not surprised at all.”
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Yeah sure, Brandon.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Well that sure does paint a different picture about him. And what does that say about the front office on trading him now? It was believed because he didn't want to play with Tebow. He kinda just shot that down unless he's just lying about what he has said.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Brandon after a few weeks realizes he plays for the dog butt Rams
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Has he had the thirty catches we need him to have yet?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
KO5K

I still have no idea how he really feels about Tebow.

If you go back to last year his stats with Tebow were actually pretty similar to his with Orton and he also went out to Jacksonville to work out with Tebow in the offseason.

Then on the other hand you just get the feeling he didn't like playing with the guy.

But one thing's for sure, we could use a Brandon Lloyd right now.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #7
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well that sure does paint a different picture about him. And what does that say about the front office on trading him now? It was believed because he didn't want to play with Tebow. He kinda just shot that down unless he's just lying about what he has said.
He requested the trade before we went with Tebow. He was complaining to the media a week and a half before the Tebow switch. He also supported Tebow in the offseason before the Orton trade fell through. I honestly think he was doing what he just claimed. He was trying to support and believe in the starting QB.

People think Lloyd would hate this offense but his numbers were just as good with Tebow last season. He can pull down these deep balls that we throw 5-10 times a game much better than our current guys. He could still have his numbers.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yup. It is at the end of the article. I probably should have posted that part, as it is the most important part.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #10
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Then on the other hand you just get the feeling he didn't like playing with the guy.
This is the key part right here. Unless I'm missing something, there is literally nothing from his mouth that would back this up, yet everyone believes it. Everyone has this "feeling", but nothing in reality supports it.....again, unless I missed something. People just need a bad guy and, because he was traded, he fit the bill.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well you answered your own question
Old 12-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lloyd went on to say that he was begging the staff to install read option plays since last year. He also invented the internet.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Let's see, a WR on a turd team is getting his catches and is a FA. The team he left is playing well, smells like Lloyd is trying to jockey for his next job. Let's see how is attitude changes if the Broncos go south, he'll be "I told them they should have kept Orton"....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Well you answered your own question
What he just said is pretty much exactly how he acted though. Again, he was supporting Tebow until it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded. Then he fully backed Orton.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #16
Jay3

Quote:
I still have no idea how he really feels about Tebow.

If you go back to last year his stats with Tebow were actually pretty similar to his with Orton and he also went out to Jacksonville to work out with Tebow in the offseason.

But one thing's for sure, we could use a Brandon Lloyd right now.
If I was Brandon Lloyd, I would want to play in this offense. Typically, an offense like this causes one receiver to be "the man," and scarf up a lot of downfield catches. He's seeing tons of single coverage, he's playing against a defense that stacks the box, and he's got a quarterback that will wing it down the field several times a game.

If I were Lloyd, I would be thinking "I'm the guy that's going to work open, establish a rapport with the QB, and become his security blanked for every big moment."

It's one way Demaryius Thomas seemed so lights out for Georgia Tech. His YPC was off the charts.

And we're seeing now that Decker is becoming that role on this team.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
Shotgun Willie

I love it. If he bad mouthed his former team, everyone would be all over him. In reality, he's done nothing but say the right things....both when he was here and after he left....and people are all over him.

He may have been a real dink before he came to Denver. Maybe he was young and immature. Maybe he just grew up. Whatever it was, he was a model citizen in Denver, both on and off the field. Yet folks here just loathe him. Oh well.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
What he just said is pretty much exactly how he acted though. Again, he was supporting Tebow until it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded. Then he fully backed Orton.
Yeah, no.

A month ago:

Quote:
Lloyd didn't fit the picture, and -- we're learning -- he didn't buy in to the quarterback switch in the first place. The wide receiver's comments this week suggest that he doubts the Broncos can win with Tebow.

"I don’t know. I think only time will tell with that style of play," Lloyd told ESPN St. Louis, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I think it's effective last Sunday (in a win over the Dolphins), but I just don’t know how effective that style can be, you know, over the course of long games and playing formidable opponents."
Now:

Quote:
I've been saying this since summertime!
No Brandon, you haven't, and you're not smart so stop trying to pretend you are.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

"If I say anything negative about Tebow, Orton or the Broncos, I'm not going to get paid as much when free agency hits, I need to be seen as a team player and not just out for my catches and my cash. Well, that's what my agent told me." Brandon Lloyd said yesterday during his interview.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #20
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I always thought this was more about money. I read quote several weeks ago saying that the front office made it clear early in the season they were both "far apart" on what they were willing to pay him. I honestly don't think Tebow playing had as much to do with it as us not wanting to pay him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #21
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah, no.

A month ago:

Now:

No Brandon, you haven't, and you're not smart so stop trying to pretend you are.
He has been saying we need to Decide on a QB and get behind him. He also got behind the starter each time that it looked like it changed. It is easy to see your agenda when you take his comments out of context and claim he said something else. Not knowing if the option can last is completely different. Saying he isn't surprised doesn't contradict that. He never said it can't work. He said he doesn't know.

You hate Lloyd. That is fine. You aren't being rational.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #22
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
This is the key part right here. Unless I'm missing something, there is literally nothing from his mouth that would back this up, yet everyone believes it. Everyone has this "feeling", but nothing in reality supports it.....again, unless I missed something. People just need a bad guy and, because he was traded, he fit the bill.
If you go back and watch his catches from last year he would always fall to the ground as soon as he made the catch.

I think he was scared of being hit and he thought a lot of Tebow's throws were putting him in an unsafe position even though that actually wasn't the case. So he often ended up just flopping to the ground when he could've gotten more yards after the catch.

Just things like that made me unsure that he was happy playing for Tebow.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If you go back and watch his catches from last year he would always fall to the ground as soon as he made the catch.

I think he was scared of being hit and he thought a lot of Tebow's throws were putting him in an unsafe position even though that actually wasn't the case. So he often ended up just flopping to the ground when he could've gotten more yards after the catch.

Just things like that made me unsure that he was happy playing for Tebow.
Do you have examples? I still have those recorded and I don't remember that.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
I always thought this was more about money. I read quote several weeks ago saying that the front office made it clear early in the season they were both "far apart" on what they were willing to pay him. I honestly don't think Tebow playing had as much to do with it as us not wanting to pay him.
They aren't mutually exclusive. Brandon is in a contract year and is looking for crazy amounts of money--or certainly more than we are willing to pay. So that means he is going to have to look elsewhere after the season, which means he needs his stats padded this season. Making the switch to Tebow, everyone, including Brandon, knew that was going to mean a reduced and different role for the receivers that isn't going to play into Brandon's main objective. So rather than take a chance on having a mopey WR, who is half-assing it on the field and disgruntled off and then have him walk for nothing at the end of the season, they chose to get something for him and eliminate a possible problem now.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #25
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Do you have examples? I still have those recorded and I don't remember that.
I'm going to agree with jhns here. I still have the Houston and SD games recorded and watch them occasionally. I can't think of any obvious examples of this either.