The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Matt Barkley is a Tebow fan and member of the God Squad

USC quarterback Matt Barkley has become a Tim Tebow fan and is also a member of the God Squad. So, I guess you God haters can scratch Barkley off your Christmas list.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...an-trophy.html

"I find it so intriguing," said Barkley, who passed for 39 touchdowns this season. "I havenít really respected his quarterback play for the longest time just because I like typical drop-back quarterbacks, thatís just who I am.

"I mean, I loved Matt Ryan when he was in college. But I love Tim for who he is and for how heís a gamer. He wins games. No matter how he does it, I mean, heís doing it and thatís what you want to do when youíre playing football."

Like Tebow, Barkley has a strong Christian faith.

"I think he does it in a good manner, to where he stands up for what he believes in," Barkley said of Tebow. "I think now that heís finally putting his work on the field heís getting a little more respect for it."

Barkley is weighing whether to return to USC for a final collegiate season or to make himself available for the NFL draft.

If he returns to the Trojans, Barkley said he would not use the platform for evangelical purposes.

"Thatís not my personality," he said. "Iím not so outspoken like that. Iíve always kind of been somebody who keeps to myself. I would keep the same platform I have, speaking to people, to kids, but not much more than after a game saying, 'Praise God.' I donít think Iíd take it that far."
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

You're an idiot.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You're an idiot.
Yep, I knew that would get a rise out of you ......... where's your buddy TGN?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Read a blurb this morning about Matt Barkley having one of those draft reviews done on him, as in where it looks like he will be drafted. I am sure he will be a top 10 draft pick. Question is.. if he stays in school could he go #1 overall the next draft (2013).

Not that money is a big issue anymore with the rookie salary cap, but with the prestige.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
Read a blurb this morning about Matt Barkley having one of those draft reviews done on him, as in where it looks like he will be drafted. I am sure he will be a top 10 draft pick. Question is.. if he stays in school could he go #1 overall the next draft (2013).

Not that money is a big issue anymore with the rookie salary cap, but with the prestige.
I think Tyler Wilson will be the top pick in 2013
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post

I would say he's a top 5 pick and no reason to stay another year and risk injury.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Yep, I knew that would get a rise out of you ......... where's your buddy TGN?
You know what they call it when you create a thread for no other reason than to annoy? Trolling.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
So, I guess you God haters can scratch Barkley off your Christmas list.
What does this have anything to do with the article you posted?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

[QUOTE=Pony Boy;3398035]I would say he's a top 5 pick and no reason to stay another year and risk injury.[/QUOT

Is USC bowl elgible in 2012?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Oh, so the tebow questions are god related? thanks for that. backing out of idiot thread ....
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
What does this have anything to do with the article you posted?
If you don't understand then the comment wasn't aimed at you but for posters like Rho it cuts to the quick.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
If you don't understand then the comment wasn't aimed at you but for posters like Rho it cuts to the quick.
So, you're using the board to carry out personal vendettas against individual posters you don't like? Still working on that "manliness" thing, eh?

Sounds like Butt material to me.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
So, you're using the board to carry out personal vendettas against individual posters you don't like? Still working on that "manliness" thing, eh?

Sounds like Butt material to me.
Tebow's faith and the way he wears it on his sleeve is a hot topic not just on the mane but also in national media coverage but I see where you are going with this, deflect it and try to get the mods to move it to the butt...

Come you can do better than that squirt some real tears .........
Old 12-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Tebow's faith and the way he wears it on his sleeve is a hot topic not just on the mane but also in national media coverage but I see where you are going with this, deflect it and try to get the mods to move it to the butt...

No offense, but I don't see the pt of the thread unless it was posted to annoy those who really don't give a flipping crab about Tebow's religion.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
You're an idiot.
Oh he mad.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Perhaps discussions of Tebow's religiosity are better left to a Christian message board, rather than a football board? I've been following Barkley since he took the QB job at USC as a freshman. I'm a big fan of his. Everybody knows about his good works off the field. The difference between him and Tebow is that he doesn't feel the need to make himself the focus. Even in this article you post, what is Barkley trying to do? He's trying to return the focus to football:

"Thatís not my personality," he said. "Iím not so outspoken like that. Iíve always kind of been somebody who keeps to myself. I would keep the same platform I have, speaking to people, to kids, but not much more than after a game saying, 'Praise God.' I donít think Iíd take it that far."

I wish Tebow would learn something from him. And you too.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Barkley is probably top 5 this season. He has improved a ton part way through the season. To me, he was like Orton but since the ND game he has improved his 4th quarter rating. He is from Newport Beach so money isn't an issue. He can always get an insurance policy on himself in case of injury. The only think I see him sticking around for his senior year is that he stuck through the probation time and now he can get the fruits of his labor by coming back and being on a team that will be Top 5 in the country and be bowl elegible. He might move up a few spots for the 2012 draft but is that worth the risk of injury. I put out the possibilities of stay or go but it is what he wants that is the ultimate sacrifice either way.

See how I put this back onto football?
Also, do you notice how many "guests" come to a Tebow thread? Must be the google ability.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
You know what they call it when you create a thread for no other reason than to annoy? Trolling.
Oh, the irony.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Perhaps discussions of Tebow's religiosity are better left to a Christian message board, rather than a football board? I've been following Barkley since he took the QB job at USC as a freshman. I'm a big fan of his. Everybody knows about his good works off the field. The difference between him and Tebow is that he doesn't feel the need to make himself the focus. Even in this article you post, what is Barkley trying to do? He's trying to return the focus to football:

So, Barkley's smart for following his personality traits but Tebow is the opposite for following his...umm-kay.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
No offense, but I don't see the pt of the thread unless it was posted to annoy those who really don't give a flipping crab about Tebow's religion.
That's the point most of us don't give a flipping crap about Tebow's religion but there are some that spew Tebow hate solely on the basis of his faith and the way he displays it. I'm giving those haters a little heads up, if they don't like Tebow they probably won't like Barkley because he seems to be cut from the same cloth.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Perhaps discussions of Tebow's religiosity are better left to a Christian message board, rather than a football board?
Interesting. Did you then change your mind later in the post when you typed:

Quote:
Dead ball foul, violating your own post guideline by talking about something you previously said should be done on a non-Mane board. That's 15 yards and an automatic

See what I did there? Focus on football.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
That's the point most of us don't give a flipping crap about Tebow's religion but there are some that spew Tebow hate solely on the basis of his faith and the way he displays it. I'm giving those haters a little heads up, if they don't like Tebow they probably won't like Barkley because he seems to be cut from the same cloth.
I really don't think many dislike Tebow simply because of faith. Personally, I think the praising God thing is over the top because God probably isn't a football fan, and I'd prefer Barkley's approach. What grates about Tebow is his asshair fanbase.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
Rolandftw

Quote:
You obviously did not read Barkley's comments. I don't think very many people have a problem with Tebow's faith. They find it annoying how he displays it.

Nobody cares if someone says they're a Christian. Or Praising something that they perceive to be bigger then them.

Saying you were too busy praying to pay attention to what the defense is doing, is a different statement altogether then "Praise God/Allah/Jesus"
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #24
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Ha...... not sure what a flipping crab is, is that some new STD?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I think the praising God thing is over the top because God probably isn't a football fan
So it's 'over the top' BECAUSE God doesn't care about football? How are those two things related and when has Tim ever said that's why he does it? We all know God's a skeet shooting fan.