The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Skip Bayless Just Tweeted....

https://twitter.com/#!/RealSkipBayless

RealSkipBaylessSkip Bayless

I definitely give Denver D half the credit for 5-1 resurgence. But where was it through 1-4 start? It all started (and finished) with No. 15

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm going to assume had he wrote something bad about Tebow you'd be calling him an idiot.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

un huh
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
OrangeSe7en

This is getting really old. The style of play that we've adopted on offense complements the defense. So yeah, the offense has helped the defense. When you don't turn the ball over, control the ball/run the clock, and have a good punter, you help the defense keep the scoring down.

So yeah, our defense has been huge but the offense is also helping the defense.

I was one of the people who wanted us to go for it on 4th and 1 in that overtime but I kind of respect that they stayed true to what they are by punting and letting the defense do it's thing.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I'm going to assume had he wrote something bad about Tebow you'd be calling him an idiot.
You like a Bronco player? How dare you!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
I was one of the people who wanted us to go for it on 4th and 1 in that overtime but I kind of respect that they stayed true to what they are by punting and letting the defense do it's thing.
I think we've got a kind red-headed-stepchild syndrome in those situations. We've been let down for so many years by our D, that it almost makes your stomach hurt handing the game over to them.

Luckily a pass rush makes all the difference in the world.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

At least it is a positive Tebow from media and not the "OMG! Someone said something mean about Tebow!" Then again, we need a thread about one statement about our QB?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #9
Turd_Ferguson

Skip Bayless is a sniveling worm. Just be glad he didn't start a rumor that Tebow is gay, like the one he started about Troy Aikman. Bayless is a piece of trash.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

I definitely give Denver D half the credit for 5-1 resurgence. But where was it through 1-4 start We played the Packers and the Raiders had Mcfadden and Orton was playing like a HS Player? It all started (and finished) with No. 15 and has nothing to do with bad playing offenses in this stretch

Cool

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-30-2011 at 01:07 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Skip Bayless is a sniveling worm. Just be glad he didn't start a rumor that Tebow is gay, like the one he started about Troy Aikman. Bayless is a piece of trash.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

the resurgance is not all because of Tebow. yes he has the team playing a lot more inspired, but you can't count out the resurgance of a healthy Doom and the effect that has had on Miller and the rest of the defense. McGahee who has been an unbelievably awesome pick up and his chewing up yards and the clock is helping the D as well.

Tebow deserves credit, but a lot of others need some credit too.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Tweeters gonna tweet
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

I have been glad that Bayliss supported Tebow when EVERYONE else said he was trash. And at the same time he often gets his priorities all mixed up and trashes someone else. He did give the Defense 50% of the credit, but he should tone down his support somewhat for the rest of the way and stop bashing the FO so much, for not having bought in sooner.

If he would simply support his position about one thing ( TEBOW) without making crazy statements about other things ( Elway/ Fox) that he has no concrete evidence for, he would sound almost sane a lot more.

Now that Tebow is playing and winning he is gloating about it. He should jump on the Von Miller Express, and support him for ROY, instead of gloating over Tebow wins..

I only hope that we carry the winning on for at least 3 or more games and can win the division. I honestly don't think a wild card is probable this year, so winning the division is our route of necessity, and I hope that we end up tied or better than Oakland.

The only down side to our winning the division is that it means Oakland won't and then probably will not have to give up that 2nd 1st round pick in 13.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This **** is never going to stop.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This **** is never going to stop.
Good. That will mean we are winning SBs.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #19
OEII

Quote:

I definitely give Denver D half the credit for 5-1 resurgence. But where was it through 1-4 start? It all started (and finished) with No. 15

Skip is one of the most annoying guys on ESPN and that's a real feat considering how many clowns are on that four letter network. The Tebow-love is strong in him, and its really annoying. As with all ESPN bafoons, Skip has little time or care for the facts.

The 5-1 defense is a culmination of a new defensive staff getting to know their players. They had no offseason, Skippy boy! You must have missed that fact while anointing Tebow’s feet all day long. Fox was hired not for his offensive prowess, but for his defensive resume. Good defense is synonymous with “Foxy Ball”. The 5-1 defense isn't Tebow'd, its a product of new and very good defensive-minded staff finally getting it’s imprint on it.

I know Tebow is football Jesus to these people, but for crying out loud, this is getting pretty stupefied up in here. The pedistal they put Tebow on is not healthy for Tebow. It really is. I feel for him, he's busting his butt trying to become a great NFL QB - basically having to learn how to play the position differently from how he's played it his entire life - and he has the wide-eyed awe inspired Skippy's of the world shouting from the roof tops that he's capible of parting the seas on the football field. No body can live up to that, and the moment he has another Detroit game, the kid's going to get buried. Tebow superfans really need to relax a bit. Let the kid become a great Denver Bronco and NFL QB. With all these zealots, I only see the kid crashing hard. I hope not but this may get ugly for this kid
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

1) Skip Bayless adopting the "#1 Tebow Fan" schtick is what it is (annoying, but no more so than everything he has ever done before in his life).

2) Football Outsiders made more or less the same point this morning, albeit backed up by stats:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...2-dvoa-ratings

Quote:
If we look at the Denver Broncos defensive numbers before and after Tim Tebow took over in Week 7, we see almost no difference...

Now, part of the reason why there's no difference is that the Broncos got clobbered by Detroit 45-10 back in Week 8. So what if we set the line after that game instead of after six weeks? Well, now we see a little bit of improvement, but still nowhere near as much as you might expect...

Now let's look at the offense. Look at the running game before and after Tebow took over as quarterback, and you'll see where the real improvement in Denver has been.
Statistically, the D has improved a little post-Orton. But the huge leap the Tebow threat has brought to opening the run game is what swung the pendulum from close losses early against the Raiders and Tennessee to close wins in 4 straight weeks.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
MacGruder

People forget the D should be carrying the team.. the D has all the talent. The d has all the experience..

But Tebow is over-achieving with the offense much more than the defense. Tebow alone made the run game go from the bottom to one of if not the best.

Also, for Tebow to be so successful offensively with Fox's offensvie ineptitude is especially impressive.

People say the defense is winning in spite of Tebow.. but the style Fox plays is detrimental to offenses.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
OEII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Statistically, the D has improved a little post-Orton. But the huge leap the Tebow threat has brought to opening the run game is what swung the pendulum from close losses early against the Raiders and Tennessee to close wins in 4 straight weeks.
Very good point.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Tweedleedeedleedeet o^eo tweedleedeedleedeet
Tweet tweet tweedleedeet.

That is all.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #24
pikkiwoki

Skip just reacts to what he sees.

He picked his Sooners to beat Florida in the '09 BCS Title game.

His Sooners got Tebowed, Skip jumped on the Tebow train, and here we are.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
Turd_Ferguson

Quote: