The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Default Tebow outperforming

other QB's

http://t.co/FJY3w2kW

"Put most simply, Tebow consistently outplays the other team's quarterback, often by wide margins. This superior play is the No. 1 reason for Denver's sudden success -- now 5-1 with Tebow at QB this year after a dismal 1-4 start. But these superior performances seem lost on even the most knowledgeable football minds, like that of Broncos executive and Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway, for example."
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Uh oh. I wonder if Merill Hoge will call and scream at Byrne the way he was screaming at Tim Hasselbeck yesterday...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
lolcopter

Kid has a nose for the endzone and he rarely turns the ball over

Pretty straight forward
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
yerner
Ring of Famer

Ok. It's interesting. I'll be more convinced as soon as he starts attempting to get the ball in the hands of his wrs more often. He doesn't turn it over which is great, but they haven't been getting the ball to Thomas, Royal, and Decker enough one way or the other. He starts doing that and he will get all the respect he deserves.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The defense is a big part of that too.

I like how Tebow can't throw but every QB we face misses receivers by just as much, if not more, than Tebow. Rivers had a lot of terrible throws.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Ok. It's interesting. I'll be more convinced as soon as he starts attempting to get the ball in the hands of his wrs more often. He doesn't turn it over which is great, but they haven't been getting the ball to Thomas, Royal, and Decker enough one way or the other. He starts doing that and he will get all the respect he deserves.
Thomas is MIA, royal is a better PR than WR, and decker makes catches when he wants to

Tebow needs to improve for sure, but his supporting cast is nothing to rave about
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Broncbow

Quote:
So Elway and most observers seem to treat Tebow like a circus freak, a statistically deformed football curiosity who wins games in spite of his own feeble ability to pass the football.

You can win one or maybe two games in the NFL with some kind of fluky effort at QB. But the statistical length and breadth of NFL history shows that teams that win consistently do the same things well over and over -- and those same things begin and end with the quarterback position...

In other words, Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1f7k02qaq
"Any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team?”

Elway flatly answered “no.”

Last edited by Broncbow; 12-01-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
The defense is a big part of that too.

I like how Tebow can't throw but every QB we face misses receivers by just as much, if not more, than Tebow. Rivers had a lot of terrible throws.
So he's going up against bad QBs. rivers is the closest thing to a good QB that tebow has faced.
If you look at rivers body of work in the NFL,he is a great passer. has proven that yr in & yr out. he's having a bad yr,that is all.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So he's going up against bad QBs. rivers is the closest thing to a good QB that tebow has faced.
If you look at rivers body of work in the NFL,he is a great passer. has proven that yr in & yr out. he's having a bad yr,that is all.
So all these starting NFl QBs are worse, but he isn't an NFL stsrting QB? Makes sense to me!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
lolcopter

Quote:
If you look at rivers body of work in the NFL,he is a great shot putter. has proven that yr in & yr out. he's having a bad yr,that is all.
Fixed
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
So all these starting NFl QBs are worse, but he isn't an NFL stsrting QB? Makes sense to me!
he isn't,the whole reason we're playing in the option is because tebow can't play the QB position. If he could we wouldn't be playing the option.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
Broncbow

He is only better than Mark Sanchez, Phillip Rivers, and Carsen Palmer, and considering Rivers is having a bad year, it really doesn't count, the only thing that counts is what Tebow does bad, not good. Hater OUT~!!

Peace Pipe eh? More like a crack pipe~!!

Last edited by Broncbow; 11-29-2011 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
He is only better than Mark Sanchez, Phillip Rivers, and Carsen Palmer, and considering Rivers is having a bad year, it really doesn't count, the only thing that counts is what Tebow does bad, not good. Hater OUT~!!
whatever, comming from someone who thinks if your not sucking on the nuts of tebow you must be a hater.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #14
Broncbow

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #15
vonqkilla

Quote:
he isn't,the whole reason we're playing in the option is because tebow can't play the QB position. If he could we wouldn't be playing the option.
Having coached football for years, its opinions like this that have me smh.

If you are winning, it doesnt matter how, why, or who is at Qb.

I understand people want us to have A Rodgers or Manning.

Would you prefer Gabbert and his deer in headlights look, Ponder and his ints, Ortons 1-4,

Or be a game back in the playoff hunt?

Smh
Old 11-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You poor raider fans must have to cry yourselves to speep at this point. You almost had the division, then we switched to a real QB.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Very interesting article. And Tebow's been doing that with a very young offensive line and an inexperienced receiving corps.

Let's hope he can keep it going.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Good piece
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Urban Meyer knows the value of Tim Tebow, he wouldn't be at Ohio State without him .........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Urban Meyer knows the value of Tim Tebow, he wouldn't be at Ohio State without him .........
From what I gather the QB he has at Ohio State is no circus freak either.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
So Elway and most observers seem to treat Tebow like a circus freak, a statistically deformed football curiosity who wins games in spite of his own feeble ability to pass the football.

You can win one or maybe two games in the NFL with some kind of fluky effort at QB. But the statistical length and breadth of NFL history shows that teams that win consistently do the same things well over and over -- and those same things begin and end with the quarterback position...

In other words, Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1f7k02qaq

I could have written this article. I love it, thanks for sharing Jelway

These have to be my favorite quotes from the article...

"Any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team?”

Elway flatly answered “no.”
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

Peace Pipe eh? More like a crack pipe~!!
serious question, are you retarded?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Is this the same as QBR?
LonghornBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #24
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
serious question, are you retarded?
That is exactly what I was thinking. How can someone possess such an incoherent hatred for Tebow?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Uh oh. I wonder if Merill Hoge will call and scream at Byrne the way he was screaming at Tim Hasselbeck yesterday...
Just saw that and Hoge is a bloody idiot. He made such a huge point about Willis' comments regarding it's a team thing. What merrill fails to acknoledge is that is a media created story. Tebow has never once said this team is about him or that he should get the attention.

Look in the dictionary: Hoge=a$$wipe
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote