The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Vine

Default Can't find the thread

Someone did a thread a couple weeks back after the KC win, doing a very in-depth analysis of Tebow's 8 passes. This person also came up with a strict definition for what incompletions would be considered "drops". I do not remember the screename of the person, or cannot find the link, but I would be inerested in what he had to say about Tebow's 18 passes against Sandy Eggo.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
extralife
Ring of Famer

he didn't "come up" with the definition. that's the ****ing definition. the official one.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I think it was Tebow lovefest partner JHNS. If it is, please erase this thread as you found your answer. We dont want to bump a tebow thread for another tebow thread.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Someone did a thread a couple weeks back after the KC win, doing a very in-depth analysis of Tebow's 8 passes. This person also came up with a strict definition for what incompletions would be considered "drops". I do not remember the screename of the person, or cannot find the link, but I would be inerested in what he had to say about Tebow's 18 passes against Sandy Eggo.
It ain't that hard bro.....Just click:

Search > Go advanced > Keyword (thread title only) > Tebow.

Should only be 7 or 8 results to search through before you find what you're looking for.
HAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
Shananahan

Is this it? It was Mediator: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101435

Not the KC game, but the NYJ game.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I think it was Tebow lovefest partner JHNS. If it is, please erase this thread as you found your answer. We dont want to bump a tebow thread for another tebow thread.
And Tebow said, "There was a Jackass" and here you are.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Mediator.

Learn your ****.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Is this it? It was Mediator: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101435

Not the KC game, but the NYJ game.

Yes thank you! Mediator was the member who had this. Not sure if I totally agree with his definition of what constitutes a drop, but I found his in depth analysis very interesting, and would like to see it done more often in other games.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he didn't "come up" with the definition. that's the ****ing definition. the official one.
The official one? There is an "official" definition for a drop? Sorry, you are wrong, as there is no stat category for drops.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
It must pain you all to see that I am right about everything. Stupid Tebow hating McFans.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #11
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The official one? There is an "official" definition for a drop? Sorry, you are wrong, as there is no stat category for drops.
This. Stop being such clowns.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yes thank you! Mediator was the member who had this. Not sure if I totally agree with his definition of what constitutes a drop, but I found his in depth analysis very interesting, and would like to see it done more often in other games.
He's busy.

Especially this week.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #13
Bahshay
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It wasn't a stat for counting drops, it was how coaches assess quarterback accuracy. As he said, coaches only consider it a drop if the quarterback was successful at completing all 3 goals of the throw. It isn't a stat, its an evaluation tool.

EDIT: I'm not saying he's absolutely right that this is how coaches assess qb accuracy. Frankly, I have no clue. I'm not a coach and I don't know any coaches higher than the High School level.

Last edited by Bahshay; 11-29-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Bahshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahshay View Post
It wasn't a stat for counting drops, it was how coaches assess quarterback accuracy. As he said, coaches only consider it a drop if the quarterback was successful at completing all 3 goals of the throw. It isn't a stat, its an evaluation tool.

EDIT: I'm not saying he's absolutely right that this is how coaches assess qb accuracy. Frankly, I have no clue. I'm not a coach and I don't know any coaches higher than the High School level.
I can tell you that he isn't right. Very few coaches evaluate stuff like this the same. That is why you see some love certain players as others would never sign them. They don't all have universal breakdown strategies.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
Bahshay
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
I can tell you that he isn't right. Very few coaches evaluate stuff like this the same. That is why you see some love certain players as others would never sign them. They don't all have universal breakdown strategies.
I actually don't think he is completely wrong. I'm sure they all do evaluate the accuracy of a throw the way he said they do, as there is really no other way to evaluate accuracy. Either all three aspects of accuracy were good, or the pass will be off-target. That is obvious.

I'm also sure that coaches all also have a different range for what they consider perfectly on target, what they consider catchable vs a drop, etc. So I suppose I half-agree with both of you.
Bahshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Whether they're technically drops or not, the Royal and Jeremiah Johnson drops were pretty bad. Royal's especially. I can cut JJ a bit of slack, he's a running back. But Royal needed to make that catch.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Stats inc. and several other reputable statistic companies record drops. Whether or not the NFL officially recognizes them is pretty irrelevant (and though they might not, analysts and announcers will certainly quote those stats as well, which means you can bet your ass coaches do).
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Stats inc. and several other reputable statistic companies record drops. Whether or not the NFL officially recognizes them is pretty irrelevant (and though they might not, analysts and announcers will certainly quote those stats as well, which means you can bet your ass coaches do).
So you are saying that in order for an incompletion to be considered a drop, the ball has to arrive to the receiver, in stride, right in front of the receivers neck?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

I said I didn't want salmon. I said it four times...
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

He's busy mediating dummy. **** needs to get mediated.

Last edited by Chris; 11-29-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
So you are saying that in order for an incompletion to be considered a drop, the ball has to arrive to the receiver, in stride, right in front of the receivers neck?
If I'm Tim Tebow, I have a long list of restraining orders to file... but you're right at the top of the list.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
If I'm Tim Tebow, I have a long list of restraining orders to file... but you're right at the top of the list.
Hilarious....(and true)....
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #23
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I am not sure I understand.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
I am not sure I understand.
He means that if you met Tebow on the street you would probably give him the option of cake or death, and by "cake" you would mean "surprise buttsecks."
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Why not listen to the podcasts?
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote