The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default How does Elways sentiment effect this franchise

How do you guys see Elways influence on this franchise? So he might need a little PR 101... but I think that at the end of the day, the decisions are all up to the traditional corporate structure of the football team.

I think Bowlen, Ellis, Xanders and Fox are all sold on Tebow, so it's a non issue.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101645
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Yeah I saw that thread, thanks.

This is a completely unrelated question.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Attachment 29610

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

It's not a Tebow thread, it's an Elway/Bowlen/Ellis/Xanders/Fox thread, with Tebow implications.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
How do you guys see Elways influence on this franchise? So he might need a little PR 101... but I think that at the end of the day, the decisions are all up to the traditional corporate structure of the football team.

I think Bowlen, Ellis, Xanders and Fox are all sold on Tebow, so it's a non issue.
I agree with you. I had this conversation tonight with montrose. I think that its getting to the point where it may be politically infeasible for Elway to move Tebow even if he wanted to. I hesitate to say that it's a done deal, however, because one bad game is going to cost Tebow more that it would any other quarterback - and any loss is going to result in the microscope treatment where every small mistake is magnified beyond reason.

By all accounts that I've heard, Fox and Xanders are Tebow's biggest fans. I figure Bowlen has to weigh in on this - and that input will probably come largely through Joe Ellis who is the number cruncher. Hard to believe that a ticket seller like Tebow isn't going to get support from Bowlen/Ellis. And by and large, the fan base seems to be sold on the guy - despite the few holdouts. All you have left is Elway sitting in a boat with Les Shapiro and Merrill Hoge trying to figure out how to trade Tebow and get Matt Barkley.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

I think it's bull**** that Elway got pressured into to toe-ing the corporate line.

Denver/Tebow were rolling good when Elway was allowed to doubt & the OM was pissed. Now that Elway got pressured into not properly motivating Tebow...Denver will probably lose next Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Yeah I saw that thread, thanks.

This is a completely unrelated question.
BURN !
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
I think it's bull**** that Elway got pressured into to toe-ing the corporate line.

Denver/Tebow were rolling good when Elway was allowed to doubt & the OM was pissed. Now that Elway got pressured into not properly motivating Tebow...Denver will probably lose next Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.
I was thinking about that, too.

Timmy is a big boy... he can handle it.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
I was thinking about that, too.

Timmy is a big boy... he can handle it.
Yep...It's a shame some recent converts don't understand this.

Obviously, my reply was hyperbole but it really chaps my ass (no homo) that there's a faction here who actually think Tebow is being 'sabotaged'.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #12
Shotgun Willie

So what you're saying is, much like a pain in the ass friend.....Bowlen, Ellis, Xanders and Fox are going to "Luck block" Elway?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
KO5K

Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
By all accounts that I've heard, Fox and Xanders are Tebow's biggest fans. I figure Bowlen has to weigh in on this - and that input will probably come largely through Joe Ellis who is the number cruncher. Hard to believe that a ticket seller like Tebow isn't going to get support from Bowlen/Ellis.
Bowlen has made his feelings clear already.

He's fully on board the Tebow train.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bowlen has final say, but I can only think of once time that he took a players side. Elway has final say after that, on everything. He has even said so, although he followed it up by saying he lets the coach decide who starts. He could get rid of any player he wants. I doubt he would be dumb enough to give Tebow away if he keeps winning though. Who is he going to replace him with? Another young guy that isn't a top draft pick? They will miss throws just as bad as Tebow. That QB would be working with the same mediocre receivers. Elway would lose the fans even if the QB was someone that could develop.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Unless Tebow really crashes and burns over the rest of the season, I think it's a done deal. He's the QOBNF.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Who is he going to replace him with? Another young guy that isn't a top draft pick?
My guess would be Matt Hasselbeck, and then trade up to draft RG3 or Barkley.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My guess would be Matt Hasselbeck, and then trade up to draft RG3 or Barkley.
Never going to happen. I think you are stuck in McDaniels mode. I trust we have a much smarter front office now.

Hasslebeck sucks and I highly doubt we can trade up for a top QB without screwing the franchise for the next few years. Our pick is becoming far too low for that kind of move.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I desperately fear Tim's next loss. It's going to be a huge pile on.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
I agree with you. I had this conversation tonight with montrose. I think that its getting to the point where it may be politically infeasible for Elway to move Tebow even if he wanted to. I hesitate to say that it's a done deal, however, because one bad game is going to cost Tebow more that it would any other quarterback - and any loss is going to result in the microscope treatment where every small mistake is magnified beyond reason.

By all accounts that I've heard, Fox and Xanders are Tebow's biggest fans. I figure Bowlen has to weigh in on this - and that input will probably come largely through Joe Ellis who is the number cruncher. Hard to believe that a ticket seller like Tebow isn't going to get support from Bowlen/Ellis. And by and large, the fan base seems to be sold on the guy - despite the few holdouts. All you have left is Elway sitting in a boat with Les Shapiro and Merrill Hoge trying to figure out how to trade Tebow and get Matt Barkley.
even if Tebow hasn't earned the right to be the starter for 2012, he has certainly earned the right to come back to camp and compete for the job. that's the way i see it. if he (and the defense and the ST) get this team into the playoffs and God forbid, win a game or two there, how can anybody be on board with replacing Tebow with a 1st round draft pick QB? that's like going on that TV show where they show you a prize and ask you if you want to keep it or trade it for whatever is behind curtain #2. we've done that before. it didn't work out.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
vonqkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I desperately fear Tim's next loss. It's going to be a huge pile on.
Fear not, for my ally is the force, of von miller. We got this.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Bowlen and Ellis are money guys, and Tebow is basically a way to print money, so they are happy.

Xanders had a hand in drafting Tim, so he is definitely in his corner and may have started out as the only one in his corner.

Fox is a HC and for them, all they want to do is win. also look at his record, he had no problem sitting back and letting Delhomme who was an average to mediocre QB lead his team for years as long as they were winning.

Elway won't fully be 100% behind Tebow until he sees Tebow win some games from the pocket and throw for at least a 60% completion rate.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #24
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Bowlen and Ellis are money guys, and Tebow is basically a way to print money, so they are happy.

Xanders had a hand in drafting Tim, so he is definitely in his corner and may have started out as the only one in his corner.

Fox is a HC and for them, all they want to do is win. also look at his record, he had no problem sitting back and letting Delhomme who was an average to mediocre QB lead his team for years as long as they were winning.

Elway won't fully be 100% behind Tebow until he sees Tebow win some games from the pocket and throw for at least a 60% completion rate.
Not singling you out but people need to do a little more shutting up and a lot more listening.

Elway absolutely said that he's looking forward to getting Tebow and the QB coach and other staff together in the offseason to go through and polish his mechanics, footwork and other things and that's where the improvement will be. He said all of these things defending Tebow on his radio show when the question was how can Tebow improve his basics.

But ofcourse the ONLY thing some people got out of that interview was Elway saying they were no closer to deciding who the long term QB was.

Fox only said a few weeks ago the Tebow is that starter for now. Fox also said that they're evaluating every player when asked if Tebow as the long term answer at QB.

The same clowns who said "Let's start Tebow to see what he can do over the rest of the season" now change their tune to "A few games is more than enough to decide the long term future of Tebow."
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

Very concise and clear response here.

/thread.