The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Going to my first Broncos game December 11th. . . any advice?

Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Feel free to share any advice on what I should bring/expect for the game!

Cheers!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Awesome. Have fun man!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Ronnie Tsunami

Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

the only Broncos game i've ever attended was a preseason game at Candlestick years ago.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Enjoy!

Wish I could get back for a game.

Check out the tailgate forum if your interested, I have been able to TG with Maners every time I have gone since joining this board.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Don't boo.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Dec. 11th. Might be damn cold. The traditional beverage is hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!
Man.. this thread is making me realize how fortunate I am to live a mile away from the stadium... you guys really need to get out to the temple.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Feel free to share any advice on what I should bring/expect for the game!

Cheers!
If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Hey check out the tailgate thread...........We are having one before the game and you are invited.......
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm so thankful to be able to go. My buddy from back home used to live in Colorado and his parents are season ticket holders and they hadn't sold them yet so he gave me a hell of a deal. I'll be cheering loud for all of you -- and will be sporting my Bailey jersey and 80s AFC Champs hat.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Turd_Ferguson

Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.
Yo! Thanks a bunch. I'm from South Dakota too. (Huron, originally.) One of the only non-Vikings fans East River. . . I swear it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer.
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.
Buying the beer on Saturday makes sense anyway 'cause for an afternoon game, tailgating can start pretty early.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
DENVERDUI55

Get so drunk that you can't remember the game.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
No. But be sure to buy beer from a liquor store. Beer from a grocery or convenience store is 3.2 (weak) beer.
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.
Cheap.... for a Doctor.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The first home game I attended, I sat in the north end zone. They were hitting one of those huge inflatable balls around the stands, and when it came to me I gave it a big slap down about 10 rows with a mean backspin. Then, the backspin caught a current and the ball went up, up, and away out the corner of the stadium. My wife ducked in shame after I got heckled for a few minutes.

Don't do that.

Otherwise, you will love it, and my reccomendation for your first home game is to wait around after the game, meet a few players, and bring a hat and a sharpie for some autographs. It gets old after 4-6 autograph sessions, but it will certainly add to your first home game if you don't mind putting in the extra time.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Cheap.... for a Doctor.
Beer was 2 bucks and the entry was about 10. Compared to 10 dollar beer and a 200 dollar entry for the game.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqbronco View Post
If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.
I'll see your experience and raise you a 2 day trek to see the Broncos get destroyed by the Lions, Cutler to go down early for Ramsey to replace him, and... whatever that fat DT's name is score a TD while pushing away Broncos players like they were children. If your experience was equally as bad, I feel for ya.

Oh, and I got a big ass ticket on the way home because I was following a speeding car thinking I was safe just to come upon TWO cops sitting in the median - one for each of us. Worst trip ever...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
vonqkilla

Sat night hit up downtown, lots of action to be had. Ahhh... The good old days. Stay north of 20th unless you go to Tavern on 20th and market. Giggling grizzly is still cool.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Don't do this; super crowded, not at all fun.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote