The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,278

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Going to my first Broncos game December 11th. . . any advice?

Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Feel free to share any advice on what I should bring/expect for the game!

Cheers!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Awesome. Have fun man!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

the only Broncos game i've ever attended was a preseason game at Candlestick years ago.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Enjoy!

Wish I could get back for a game.

Check out the tailgate forum if your interested, I have been able to TG with Maners every time I have gone since joining this board.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Don't boo.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Dec. 11th. Might be damn cold. The traditional beverage is hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!
Man.. this thread is making me realize how fortunate I am to live a mile away from the stadium... you guys really need to get out to the temple.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Feel free to share any advice on what I should bring/expect for the game!

Cheers!
If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
broncobum6162
Manning Up!
 
broncobum6162's Avatar
 
Baaammmmmmmm!!

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Beautiful Baugher Lake....
Posts: 1,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Hey check out the tailgate thread...........We are having one before the game and you are invited.......
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,278

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm so thankful to be able to go. My buddy from back home used to live in Colorado and his parents are season ticket holders and they hadn't sold them yet so he gave me a hell of a deal. I'll be cheering loud for all of you -- and will be sporting my Bailey jersey and 80s AFC Champs hat.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Turd_Ferguson
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,278

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.
Yo! Thanks a bunch. I'm from South Dakota too. (Huron, originally.) One of the only non-Vikings fans East River. . . I swear it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer.
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.
Buying the beer on Saturday makes sense anyway 'cause for an afternoon game, tailgating can start pretty early.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Get so drunk that you can't remember the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran
 
g00fyfoot's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: 5280'
Posts: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.
No. But be sure to buy beer from a liquor store. Beer from a grocery or convenience store is 3.2 (weak) beer.
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.
Cheap.... for a Doctor.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

The first home game I attended, I sat in the north end zone. They were hitting one of those huge inflatable balls around the stands, and when it came to me I gave it a big slap down about 10 rows with a mean backspin. Then, the backspin caught a current and the ball went up, up, and away out the corner of the stadium. My wife ducked in shame after I got heckled for a few minutes.

Don't do that.


Otherwise, you will love it, and my reccomendation for your first home game is to wait around after the game, meet a few players, and bring a hat and a sharpie for some autographs. It gets old after 4-6 autograph sessions, but it will certainly add to your first home game if you don't mind putting in the extra time.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Cheap.... for a Doctor.
Beer was 2 bucks and the entry was about 10. Compared to 10 dollar beer and a 200 dollar entry for the game.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqbronco View Post
If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.
I'll see your experience and raise you a 2 day trek to see the Broncos get destroyed by the Lions, Cutler to go down early for Ramsey to replace him, and... whatever that fat DT's name is score a TD while pushing away Broncos players like they were children. If your experience was equally as bad, I feel for ya.

Oh, and I got a big ass ticket on the way home because I was following a speeding car thinking I was safe just to come upon TWO cops sitting in the median - one for each of us. Worst trip ever...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
vonqkilla
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Sat night hit up downtown, lots of action to be had. Ahhh... The good old days. Stay north of 20th unless you go to Tavern on 20th and market. Giggling grizzly is still cool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.
Don't do this; super crowded, not at all fun.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Denver Broncos