The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Defense

Defense is the reason that all of the Tebow haters on espn (hodge/dilfer and others) are using as the reason of our 5-1 record with the Timmy Badger.

I love how our D is playing and they have been lights out. Von Miller will be my next jersey because the dude is a BEAST.

However, Tebow is playing with the same Defense that Kyle Orton had when we were 1-4. When we got gashed for around 150 yards by Mcfadden. The same D that gave up 20 plus points to Cincy and San diego in game 1.

Tebow's intangibles and leadership has given the Broncos Defense a reason to believe. Part of being QB is motivating, and getting the team to believe in you and play for you. Thats why when Elway won the superbowl, they said "this ones for John". Because everyone wanted to win for John, and I think Tebow has a little of that in him. Tebow has stuck his neck out for the team, now they are laying it on the line for him and the rest of the team. WE HAVE A REAL TEAM NOW.

Last edited by Peoples Champ; 11-28-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Its not like all of the sudden our Defense is getting injured players back and healthy.

what
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Defense is the reason that all of the Tebow haters on espn (hodge/dilfer and others) are using as the reason of our 5-1 record with the Timmy Badger.

I love how our D is playing and they have been lights out. Von Miller will be my next jersey because the dude is a BEAST.

However, Tebow is playing with the same Defense that Kyle Orton had when we were 1-4. When we got gashed for around 150 yards by Mcfadden. The same D that gave up 20 plus points to Cincy and San diego in game 1.

Its not like all of the sudden our Defense is getting injured players back and healthy. Why are all the sudden they are playing lights out? What am I missing?

Tebow's intangibles and leadership has given the Broncos Defense a reason to believe. Part of being QB is motivating, and getting the team to believe in you and play for you. Thats why when Elway won the superbowl, they said "this ones for John". Because everyone wanted to win for John, and I think Tebow has a little of that in him.
the team knows that Tebow would stick his neck on the line for anyone on the team, and they are doing the same for him.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Its not like all of the sudden our Defense is getting injured players back and healthy.

what

Meaning when we were 1-4 we were missing dumervill or miller or dawkins, and now they are back and we are 5-1. We have had those guys this whole time. Minus champ in one game, was it miami?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

It's simply the latest in a long line of refusing to give Tebow credit for what he is.

The same people who were blaming the defense for losses while Kyle Orton was the QB are now crediting them for winning games in spite of the QB. It's the most absurd logic I have seen to date.

What an amazing coincidence that the defense just happened to gel right when Tebow got the starting job.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Agamemnon

A lot can be said for the fact that Tebow isn't turning the ball over and Orton was constantly. That's huge. Oh and he actually makes plays in clutch situations while Orton is allergic to clutch situations.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

not too mention finally comfortable under yet another d coordinator
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Meaning when we were 1-4 we were missing dumervill or miller or dawkins, and now they are back and we are 5-1. We have had those guys this whole time. Minus champ in one game, was it miami?
I think you might want to recheck your facts.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Champ missed 3 games and Dumervil was hurt for the first half of the season. I think DJ missed some time too.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

anyone that fails recognize the defense's improvement is probably too far up Tebows ass to notice.

that being said, this team has played better ever since Orton was benched
Old 11-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
lolcopter

Dilfer actually gave tebow a bunch of credit post game and says he loves what he's seeing because he's a huge fan of team football (iknowright)
Old 11-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Tebow isn't turning it over like the ball is on fire, and it's keeping the defense out of bad situations for the most part.

Biggest difference I've seen in the last 6 games.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
anyone that fails recognize the defense's improvement is probably too far up Tebows ass to notice.

that being said, this team has played better ever since Orton was benched
I just don't understand why so many insist on it being one or the other. The defense has clearly improved since Tebow became our starter, and Tebow has made some incredibly clutch plays, avoided turnovers, and super-charged what was a mediocre run game. This either/or crap is idiotic.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
lolcopter

Orton loses winnable games, Tebow wins winnable games

Defense now has hope

/thread
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #15
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
It's simply the latest in a long line of refusing to give Tebow credit for what he is.

The same people who were blaming the defense for losses while Kyle Orton was the QB are now crediting them for winning games in spite of the QB. It's the most absurd logic I have seen to date.

What an amazing coincidence that the defense just happened to gel right when Tebow got the starting job.
This is what channels can do when they're on 24 hours a day. There's been so much crap thrown at viewers between then and now that they can pretend they never said these things.

There is no accountability in TV sports journalism.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I just don't understand why so many insist on it being one or the other. .
yeah, I don't get it either. The rotating door for coaches and QB's the last 13 years probably doesn't help.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #17
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I think you might want to recheck your facts.

I may be wrong. Who on D has come back for this 5-1 stretch that was out when we were 1-4?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #18
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Tebow isn't turning it over like the ball is on fire, and it's keeping the defense out of bad situations for the most part.

Biggest difference I've seen in the last 6 games.
Biggest difference i have seen is the passion and the enthusiasm the Defense is finally playing with. They look hungry. Big difference from when Orton was in there.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #19
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Its not like all of the sudden our Defense is getting injured players back and healthy. We have had almost full health the whole season. Why are all the sudden they are playing lights out? What am I missing?

Tebow's intangibles and leadership has given the Broncos Defense a reason to believe. Part of being QB is motivating, and getting the team to believe in you and play for you. Thats why when Elway won the superbowl, they said "this ones for John". Because everyone wanted to win for John, and I think Tebow has a little of that in him.
Elvis missed a few games early on.

So did Marcus Thomas.

So did DJ Williams.

Miller keeps getting better every week.

Carter has taken over at S and is also getting better every week.

We found Harris at nickle CB.

Offensively, we've cut WAY down on turnovers from the QB position and our TOP is dramatically improved.

And yes, on top that they do seem to play harder for Tim (Champ has specifically mentioned this)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #20
lolcopter

Quote:
I may be wrong. Who on D has come back for this 5-1 stretch that was out when we were 1-4?
Doom wasn't fully recovered yet, plus the emergence of Chris Harris has helped. DJ also missed awhile with the elbow injury
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

off the top of my head, DJ Willams, Marcus Thomas, Champ Bailey all missed some time
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

click on each week
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Marcus Thomas has come back. Dumervil has gotten healthy.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Marcus Thomas has come back. Dumervil has gotten healthy.

Ok,

I was wrong,

So nobody thinks our Defense is visibly playing with more intensity since Tebow has started?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #25
lolcopter

Quote:
Ok,

I was wrong,

So nobody thinks our Defense is visibly playing with more intensity since Tebow has started?
They always have, going back to last year

Bunkley and the guys love Teebs