The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default McGahee's comments on Tebow

Let me preface the following by saying how incredibly satisfying this win was. 80 year old grandmothers at the party today (kind of a second thanksgiving/Broncos shindig) were highfiving everybody. Yelling. Screaming. Cheering. Today was ****ing AWESOME.

I was watching a little sportscenter, and caught the following clip in regards to Tebow. Keep in mind, John Fox and DeeBow both had nothing but wonderful things to say, but Willis said this:

My question - Is this a sentiment that is going to be amplified/echoed as the season progresses? Is the locker room going to get rumblings as the national media infatuation with Tebow continues? Could the fact that focus is being taken away from the other facets of each game on a regular basis eventually cause a fissure amongst players?

I hope not, but hearing this kind of stuff gets me a little worried.

All you hear, when talking about our organization, is "Tebow moves to 5-1" "Can Tebow continue the winning streak against _____" etc etc. At what point do players (there are a LOT of ego's in that locker room btw, no matter how much we love them) start to get pissed when the focus isn't on the team?
Thoughts?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

This has nothing to do with Tebow.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

He's tearing the locker room apart!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think Willis has to realize that the reason he has wide open holes on read options is because of Teebs. He just wants recognition too..i can understand that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Agreed. Tebow has gone out of his way whenever he gets interviewed to give props to his teammates constantly even to the extent of saying absurd things ("we've got great WR's") just to make sure to deflect credit. It's not his fault the media is talking about him.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

As long as the team is winning I don't think it will be a big deal. Please remember that when the Broncos lose it's all on Tebow. The media focuses in on how bad Tebow is.

So it cuts both ways.

That being said many people still give the wins to the defense and say the the Broncos are winning despite Tebow.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I think the media makes comments to the players to get a reaction like that. Like, now that TT is 5 and 1 how do you feel Willis? They're kind of baiting them, and they need to realize that.

Every time I've seen TT at the mic he gives nothing but praise to all his teammates and coaching and Gb2.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Well...that depends in whether the "locker room" is full of pussies. I don't think it is. And many are saying the defense is playing outstanding football. Which started in game one, but went to another level 6 games ago.

Quote:
Let me preface the following by saying how incredibly satisfying this win was. 80 year old grandmothers at the party today (kind of a second thanksgiving/Broncos shindig) were highfiving everybody. Yelling. Screaming. Cheering. Today was ****ing AWESOME.

I was watching a little sportscenter, and caught the following clip in regards to Tebow. Keep in mind, John Fox and DeeBow both had nothing but wonderful things to say, but Willis said this:

My question - Is this a sentiment that is going to be amplified/echoed as the season progresses? Is the locker room going to get rumblings as the national media infatuation with Tebow continues? Could the fact that focus is being taken away from the other facets of each game on a regular basis eventually cause a fissure amongst players?

All you hear, when talking about our organization, is "Tebow moves to 5-1" "Can Tebow continue the winning streak against _____" etc etc. At what point do players (there are a LOT of ego's in that locker room btw, no matter how much we love them) start to get pissed when the focus isn't on the team?
Thoughts?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Thoughts?
Agreed. The defense is making it pretty easy but they're getting little credit, comparatively. I don't know Willis' contract situation off the top of my head but it must suck for him to feel like he's playing well, making plays to win games for the team, yet sitting in the shadow of Tebow. That's not how someone gets one more big contract.

Then, consider if he was annoyed at it, what would be the best way to approach it? "I did good today too, ya know!"? No... then he's selfish. But to say the D deserves some credit... that's putting praise on someone else while conveying the "It's not just him!" message.

I don't think it'll be a major issue with the team though as long as Tebow doesn't buy into it.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well when the only thing the media talks about is Tebow winning games I'm sure it gets old. Never mind our all world defense right now or the fact that our o-line and RBs are playing great.

I'm sure Tebow isn't too thrilled about it either. He seems to be the ultimate team player.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

we need to get orton back we was all fine with orton losing game after game. it dont matter as long as the locker room is happy . but this coach had to start Tebow and now the infighting in the locker room i ask you is winning worth it is it ?
dont you people have any heart pfft lol
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Agreed. Tebow has gone out of his way whenever he gets interviewed to give props to his teammates constantly even to the extent of saying absurd things ("we've got great WR's") just to make sure to deflect credit. It's not his fault the media is talking about him.
Exactly. This is McGahee telling a media dork he's a dork. It has nothing to do with Tebow.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Ok, maybe I didn't do a good enough job explaining what happened. The section on sportscenter was titled "Timely Tebow" or something, and they were asking questions specifically about Tebow. The responses from coach Fox, Franklin, and McGahee were all in response to Tim.

It just sounded to me like McGahee was offended that the reporter neglected to mention the other members of the team when talking about what happened today.

So yes, this is about Tebow.

Not what HE does in an interview (obviously he's wonderful about giving teammates props etc), I'm asking about how the OTHER players on the team feel in regards to Tim getting all of the attention.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't imagine the players buy those stock responses any more than we do. EVERY player out there has been taught to deflect the praise to his teammates and only the real A-holes don't do it. It's hardly a sign of humility.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Everyone is right, here. It's about the media... but it's also about Tebow. It's not Tebow's fault, but you can very clearly feel how over this **** WM is with this answer.
It's not remotely aimed at Tebow, though. It's aimed at the circus.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Everyone is right, here. It's about the media... but it's also about Tebow. It's not Tebow's fault, but you can very clearly feel how over this **** WM is with this answer.
Do you think someone can be that irritated and not resent Tebow for it, at some level, though?

Willis personally made a play to win the game for the 2nd time today and he's still an afterthought. You don't think he's annoyed by that, personally?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

It just sounded to me like McGahee was offended that the reporter neglected to mention the other members of the team when talking about what happened today.

So yes, this is about Tebow.
No, it's not. It's about a media dork. Mcgahee was offended; by the reporter.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

maybe Winning doesn't solve everything...

McGahee has been one of the key players in our turnaround, imho.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #21
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Also that god bless stuff ITS OFFENDING PEOPLE !!!! like some moderators, sports media people and bronco fans and other nfl fans TEBOW IS RIPPING ALL OF US APART. he has to go now . cant we go back to the old being ignored losing with orton, being liked by the other 31 nfl teams and fans . GOD HAS NO PLACE IN THE NFL IN PUBLIC IN PRIVATE, only wife beaters, animal abusers ,roid ragers , drug users are acceptable oh and certain tebow stalkers whos name starts with M.
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #22
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Well...that depends in whether the "locker room" is full of pussies. I don't think it is. And many are saying the defense is playing outstanding football. Which started in game one, but went to another level 6 games ago.
This is what I'm hoping, but Willis appears "irritated" already.

As another poster stated, it's almost like the reporters are baiting them into questions, which ****ing sucks. I just hope that this doesn't turn into a trend, because Tebow DOES spread props around as much as possible. It just makes me wonder how much a locker room can take...even with the winning. Attention is a pretty large part of high profile athletes' makeup. Recognition for their skillset.

I HOPE, we as a team can block out the media fanaticism and focus on a team first type of attitude...seeing clips like this just make me nervous.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #23
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I blame Florida, not the school. The state
(only half joking here...)
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #24
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Do you think someone can be that irritated and not resent Tebow for it, at some level, though?
Of course they can.

Quote:
Willis personally made a play to win the game for the 2nd time today and he's still an afterthought. You don't think he's annoyed by that, personally?
Annoyed at the media? Yes.
Annoyed at Tebow? Not remotely.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #25
yerner
Ring of Famer

I feel the exact same way. I'm tired of hearing more about Tebow than Von Miller and the rest of the Broncos.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote