The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Vine

Default Game grades

QB- B+ Honestly, I cannot find anything too much wrong with Tebow's game. He didn't see a wide open Willis in a crucial situation late in the game, and he made a couple of wrong reads on the option, but he had a GREAT game throwing the ball.

Offensive Line- B+ Great pass blocking. Good run blocking. A few times running plays got stuffed, but that was due to SD stacking the box.

WR/TE- C Only 2 drops, but they were on 3rd down. Some big catches later in the game though.

RB- B McGahee looked like he is 100% back, and when he is healthy, he is the real deal. Jeremiah Johnson and Ball were decent, despite JJ's drop.

D'Line C They got manhandled at times on SD running plays. Doom have a good game pressuring Rivers.

LB'ers- B Woodyard was good. But Miller was a *****en man-child AGAIN. He is the REAL DEAL.

Secondary- B- Champ was pretty good. Goodman had some nice plays. There were other times when they got lucky Rivers misfired on a couple of open receivers, but that was because VonDoom was in his face.

Special Teams A+ Really, I think Colquitt and Prater both deserve game balls. They won the field position game, and the game when it came right down to it. Coverage Units were also good. Return units, were also good.

Coaching- C- Allen had a brilliant game once again, being not afraid to bring pressure. McCoy stinks like usual. Thought they should have went for 1st down on second overtime 4th and short, as I thought defense was being relied upon too much.

Referees- F Horribly biased game against Denver. Missed facemask. Horrible PF call against DJ Williams. Horrible obvious PI no-call. Several missed holding calls against Charger O'Line. Missed offensive PI against Charger receiver on Champ that led to Charger touchdown. They were terrible.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
QB- B+ Honestly, I cannot find anything too much wrong with Tebow's game. He didn't see a wide open Willis in a crucial situation late in the game, and he made a couple of wrong reads on the option, but he had a GREAT game throwing the ball.

Offensive Line- B+ Great pass blocking. Good run blocking. A few times running plays got stuffed, but that was due to SD stacking the box.

WR/TE- C Only 2 drops, but they were on 3rd down. Some big catches later in the game though.

RB- B McGahee looked like he is 100% back, and when he is healthy, he is the real deal. Jeremiah Johnson and Ball were decent, despite JJ's drop.

D'Line C They got manhandled at times on SD running plays. Doom have a good game pressuring Rivers.

LB'ers- B Woodyard was good. But Miller was a *****en man-child AGAIN. He is the REAL DEAL.

Secondary- B- Champ was pretty good. Goodman had some nice plays. There were other times when they got lucky Rivers misfired on a couple of open receivers, but that was because VonDoom was in his face.

Special Teams A+ Really, I think Colquitt and Prater both deserve game balls. They won the field position game, and the game when it came right down to it. Coverage Units were also good. Return units, were also good.

Coaching- C- Allen had a brilliant game once again, being not afraid to bring pressure. McCoy stinks like usual. Thought they should have went for 1st down on second overtime 4th and short, as I thought defense was being relied upon too much.

Referees- F Horribly biased game against Denver. Missed facemask. Horrible PF call against DJ Williams. Horrible obvious PI no-call. Several missed holding calls against Charger O'Line. Missed offensive PI against Charger receiver on Champ that led to Charger touchdown. They were terrible.
But again, even then, he does not make the mistake so many young QB's do and if see a guy open and wait and worse over the middle, the try a ball late over the middle which gets picked so often, but he is careful with the ball, especially when he doesn't need to take a chance, which is a great trait to have as a QB.

I would rather see Matt Willis than Royal in the passing game.

As long as the defense keeps playing well, they are not going to open up the passing game much. That is pretty much the reality it appears.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

You didn't grade the Tebow Intangible, which is of course an A++++ once again.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I agree and like seeing Willis out there instead of Royal. I think the O-line should get big props for creating a wall for Tebow back there. He had like 6 secs twice to find a receiver, protection all game long for the most part. Seems like everyone really contributed today, a total team win.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I agree and like seeing Willis out there instead of Royal. I think the O-line should get big props for creating a wall for Tebow back there. He had like 6 secs twice to find a receiver, protection all game long for the most part. Seems like everyone really contributed today, a total team win.
The o-line is blocking well, but I would have to look at tape of the game to see if the pass protection was really that great since I saw some pregame show and I forget who, said he would defend the Broncos by not really trying to sack Tebow, but the DL stay in their lanes and look more to stop the run and play coverage and not let Tebow have wide open lanes to run. So maybe the Chargers were doing some of that, not sure.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
You didn't grade the Tebow Intangible, which is of course an A++++ once again.
It's little-known, apparently.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But again, even then, he does not make the mistake so many young QB's do and if see a guy open and wait and worse over the middle, the try a ball late over the middle which gets picked so often, but he is careful with the ball, especially when he doesn't need to take a chance, which is a great trait to have as a QB.
They say never go late over the middle. Willis was a little too deep to risk it.

He might should have got it in there, but it's a good habit to just throw that area of the field out when it's been 5 seconds. Look for something breaking towards the sideline, or over the top, or just right in front of you close.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Ball gets a D --

He killed a drive with a dropped third down pass thrown right to him

then n the very next play was called for a penalty after Colquitt punted to the Chargers 16 yard line. This helped set up Rivers for a big scoring drive

Denver needs to replace Ball with someone who can catch the ball out of the backfield.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Being on a mission from god gives tebow a C+ before the game even starts.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Agamemnon

Probably should separate the coaching out. Averaging it out fails to give Dennis Allen the proper credit, or McCoy and Fox the proper repudiation on offense. Otherwise I pretty much agree with your scores.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought the Dline was decent. They held the line, it was the LBs that overpursued and allowed Mathews to cutback through wide open lanes. Mays was awful.

Also you left out Harris who did a pretty great job on Gates.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

D. Thomas had only 1 target today, am I right about that? Boy, it sure hurts that he hasn't had more impact. Imagine how Tim could benefit from a big, competent receiver.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I thought the Dline was decent. They held the line, it was the LBs that overpursued and allowed Mathews to cutback through wide open lanes. Mays was awful.

Also you left out Harris who did a pretty great job on Gates.
The cutback was what killed us all day. And honestly that's on both the line and the backers, not one or the other.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #14
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
D. Thomas had only 1 target today, am I right about that? Boy, it sure hurts that he hasn't had more impact. Imagine how Tim could benefit from a big, competent receiver.
It would certainly help if he actually tried. At this point, he'd be on my cut list for next season even with his 1st round draft status.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #15
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man, we really need a #1 WR. More than anything, it will change the productivity of the offense.

Props to the defense. Props to Tebow, the O-Line, McGahee, Decker, and Prater (for not ****ing us at the end). Also, Allen called a great game.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #16
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Why would he deserve any looks? He appears lazy and uninterested. I'm surprised coach even let's him suit up.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'd give the DBs an A-

Goodman showed up today.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

You're being unnecessarily harsh on McCoy, I think.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #19
Liquid Courage
The 4th Amigo

why no more WR hitches or screens? the DBs were playing WAY off the WRs almost all game . . . Bey Bey could've sprung at least 2 of those.
Liquid Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Courage View Post
why no more WR hitches or screens? the DBs were playing WAY off the WRs almost all game . . . Bey Bey could've sprung at least 2 of those.
Not the way he's playing right now.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It would certainly help if he actually tried. At this point, he'd be on my cut list for next season even with his 1st round draft status.
Based on his tweets, I think he really wants it. He just has a kind of dim-bulb aura out there.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

McCoy lacks flow to his play calling hes repetitive and refuses to open it up earlier in the game he really doesn't even know what a TE does other than block.

Up the middle on 3rd down didn't work until the end of the game and i credit that to willie with a great run the chuggers knew what we were going to do and i thought the goal was to confuse them ( silly me)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
McCoy lacks flow to his play calling hes repetitive and refuses to open it up earlier in the game he really doesn't even know what a TE does other than block.

Up the middle on 3rd down didn't work until the end of the game and i credit that to willie with a great run the chuggers knew what we were going to do and i thought the goal was to confuse them ( silly me)
You think you know what you want. If he opened up a little, we'd probably have lost that game.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
You think you know what you want. If he opened up a little, we'd probably have lost that game.
If they would open it up and call complimentary plays where the run and pass play off each other, we probably don't have to have all these nail-biters. Tebow can throw when he's allowed to do it beyond once in a blue moon on 3rd down, and out of spread formations. This has been proven over and over again.